Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we Need Altcoin?  (Read 23619 times)
0o

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:20:11 AM

Well, Bitcoin is technically unfit to work for mass adoption - we need altcoins to try new ways and technologies.
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:21:21 PM

There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?
Yes we still need altcoins. Many altcoins have their own specific features that bitcoin and other altcoin don't have. For example ethereum, it has a feature of smart contract where you can make another coin or token on top of it. Other altcoin focus their technology on advertisement, power generation, cloud service and so much more.
That is generally the point. Some altcoins are not necessary and they won't obviously last anyway, so no need to bother much about them. However, some alts are totally backed by a different project from that of bitcoin which makes them extremely useful in the long run. The blockchain technology is open source and we cannot expect not to have Alts, however, the main essence is to have different currencies that can serve different purposes.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:13:06 PM

I think that we really need altcoys. Almost all altcoins are produced as a result of ICO for use in a particular trade, services, banking and others. Altkoins function in their narrow sphere and benefit people there. Bitcoin is a universal crypto currency and can not perform those specific functions that altcoyins perform.
      In addition, altcoins are also needed to create competition among the crypto currency, and it is healthy competition that contributes to the improvement of each type of crypto currency. Imagine what would happen if bitkoyn was alone and there were no other crypto currency at all. Would he have the throughput of seven transactions per second, as now, and the developers would not want to increase it. And we would turn in line with our transactions. And now, if bitkoyn does not cope anymore, branches with these improvements appear and if bitkoyn wants to remain a leader, he will be forced to improve.

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:22:28 PM

It is true that there is a lot of garbage in the market, but there is a wisdom inherent in it that allows that such a long list of altcoins to be gradually purified, and only a few remain in the preferences of the users.

Personally, I am in favor of the current predominance of altcoins, as many of them are developing innovations that push technology towards new limits that we would not have imagined a few years ago, and this usually results in better features, lower costs and greater efficiency in transactions.
maimainguyen05

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:31:22 PM

Of course we need altcoin in this cryptocurrency world Smiley). If there is only Bitcoin, cryptocurrency world will be very boring, people only have 1 choice to invest in. Beside trader only can trade with Bitcoin only and maybe they will stop trading if all other altcoin will not avaiable anymore Smiley).

Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:44:11 PM

There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?

Other Altcoins are still needed or useful as the case maybe. These coin mentioned above are the forked coins of bitcoin, which has no power to over wealm other coins like ETH or LTC, cause these has gain weight in the crypto market, while these new forked coins are not up to some months.
For me, other altcoins are still needed other than bitcoin forked coins.
MIV.matteo

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:46:23 PM

Certainly the greatest usefulness of altcoin is for their functionality. Every day more interesting coins are designed for a specific purpose. I really like the idea of decentralization in many fields such as entertainment and electrical energy so yes, altcoin are very useful

shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:05:28 PM

I think altcoins are a necessity, as each altcoin has its own use case, and it also adds competition to the market, thus better products are made.

Dakshkapoor

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 09:25:28 PM

Yes, We really need ALTCOINS. I think that we really need ALTCOINS because ALTCOINS have many benifits ina people's life. It can be used to invest our money for long term investments in order to secure our future. Now the market value had also increased to a high extent and i am sure that in coming year it will give good competition to the BITCOINS. These ALTCOINS can also be used to buys our daily assets and it is pretty easy. There is the regular growth of crypto currency that is why it is being accepted by the good amount of population.

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
BureauChef

Activity: 139

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:35:33 PM

Other Altcoins are still needed or useful as the case maybe. These coin mentioned above are the forked coins of bitcoin, which has no power to over wealm other coins like ETH or LTC, cause these has gain weight in the crypto market, while these new forked coins are not up to some months.
For me, other altcoins are still needed other than bitcoin forked coins.

We have bitcoin but it's not enough, it's just the most precious piece of the crypto market. It's not functional that much compared to other altcoins. That's why we need them all besides bitcoin.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:38:37 PM

Yes, we need other altcoin. The price is bitcoin is really high and if you invest, some cannot afford it so they chose other altcoin as investment. Also to provide the users many options in the market, altcoins are needed. And we cannot control the appearance of many altcoins because this is a competition.
binting

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:04:19 PM

I think that really need the altcion on time now. Now that super high the price of bitcoin and altcoin. This beautiful rose for the life of the people. I hope to learn it all for all of us up the life
cryptokitty

Activity: 420

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:18:23 PM

Yes, i do believe we still need altcoins. I also have some experiences that i get some profits with alts rather than btc. So i believe we all need alts specially those alts that are currently started to bloom from ICO.
atamism

Activity: 464
Merit: 11

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:29:37 PM

Yes, i do believe we still need altcoins. I also have some experiences that i get some profits with alts rather than btc. So i believe we all need alts specially those alts that are currently started to bloom from ICO.
Of course. We all need altcoin because some of us depends in cryptocurrency. But we should need to be picky because many of ICO are scams. And that is too bad for the people who seek to earn money in altcoin. But I believe someday they gonna wash out all the scammers here or the ICO that is scam.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:45:32 PM

Hell yeah! I mean, not everyone can afford to buy Bitcoin. And by the way, Ethereum is an Altcoin too and its great right.
jemarie20

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:52:47 PM

Yes we need altcoin to earn big amount of bitcoin it just a months or else a year but we are hoping after that years we can have big money because of our altcoin.

Altcoin is alternative way to earn bitcoin.

bitgangsta

Activity: 99

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:56:37 PM

Yes we do because Bitcoin can't do it all.  I would get bored if I didn't have any altcoins to trade.

Footy Cash: The Fantasy Sports Coin With Masternodes
http://footycash.com/
https://twitter.com/Footy_Cash
bestluck

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:12:45 PM

Well, Bitcoin is technically unfit to work for mass adoption - we need altcoins to try new ways and technologies.
I think the only problem is the time of transaction when more and more people adopt it and as the developers are very active to solve this issue so it is confirmed that this issue will be solved and bitcoin will be fit for any type of time. While you are also right that altcoin are also good for some places in some cases.
Kossa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:19:32 PM

Obviously we have too many altcoins, but they will be mostly wiped out from market after some longer BTC crash. Situation currently looks very similiar to what we had 4 years ago during Gox bubble. Tons of new projects without much sense.
In my opinion at some point of time BTC will be superseded by some other currency. It is just to slow with transactions and they cost too much. I hope lightning network will give it a new life.
I do not remeber the last time when I used BTC to transfer any money. LTC does it 10 times better.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 11:19:45 PM

first of all that was a good question you got here. secondly yes, we still need them because altcoins are like the legs of bitcoin and bitcoin is the base or the body. bitcoin cant move or function properly without its legs which is altcoins and that is the the reason why alts are still important and needed on the fundamentals of cryptocurrencies. another example is bitcoin is like the bread and altcoins is like a butter, they are the bread and butter of crypto and they are the best pair among others. i know it sucks because there were too many altcoins that pops out everyday and most of them are still useless without real purpose and usage on why it was built, i guess the main reason why they are doing it is only for the competition. they need to compete to each others in order for them also to get a profit if people invest on them and thats how it goes, so on and so forth..  overall theres nothing we can really do because that is the nature of crypto and business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: