Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:59:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we Need Altcoin?  (Read 23619 times)
syntac

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:51:38 AM

There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?
Of course, we still need altcoin to complement the diverse options to invest in cryptocurency. I assume that because cryptocurency requires altcoin that is completely reliable in all forms of transactions and whatnot. The conclusion is that we still need the altcoin.
scanpayasia

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:54:07 AM

Each coin is born to solve a problem in the present life. And there are also many coin created to scam investors.
pazzanegro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:02:59 AM

Ofcourse we need alternate. Its alway mainly better when you have alternative. Alternate crypto also gain X000% profit.

GAMEHERO.APP CEO
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:25:07 AM

Sure, it increases variety. Think of it as different fiat currencies you may want to invest in. Just because the dollar and euro are the strongest currencies right now, doesn't mean other fiat currencies are not required?

I would agree on this. New and additional altcoins can produce and increase variety indeed. People or crypto users could be more encouraged to use alternative coins since altcoins and ICOs have different nature that may fit to others who want to invest in it.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:31:50 AM

There are Bitcoin, and also there are Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold and B2X that we use it as an altcoin, but do we still need other altcoins? as i knew in the forum on the altcoin section there are much announcement about new altcoins almost everyday. do we still need that altcoins?
for my perception altcoin must be here for bitcoin to progress,because if there is no competition there would be no trading..whats the sense of having traders if theres no other coin to trade but only bitcoin?and the price would be manipulated if only bitcoin is around.so i guess thats the reason why we need altcoins it the market
Daddyj2

Activity: 532
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:35:00 AM

Some altcoins offer good or better services than BTC or BCH just look at the fees there's a lot of altcoins that has very low transaction fees when sending.

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
greenpath

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:36:59 AM

Yes. As bitcoin can be the major way of transactions in the future so altcoins are there to cover the gap of what bitcoin can't do. Bitcoin have a disadvantage and altcoins too. Altcoins have advantage and bitcoin too. The advantages and disadvantages of its coin can make the world of crypto complete. Altcoins is needed in crypto world without crypto couldn't exist today.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:50:14 AM

Altcoins are not that different from Bitcoin and its forks. They are all blockchain projects. Just like we still need facebook when we already have myspace. Some altcoins will probably dethrone Bitcoin in the near future, due to their advanced tech and utility. In my opinion, I think Ethereum could be the first altcoin that dethrones BTC. 

Svafnir74

Activity: 318

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:08:03 AM

Most I think will be unnecessary. But there are also useful, for example iota, it is a coin for the Internet of things. Such necessary coins will remain and will continue to develop.
djixj

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:10:03 AM

if you are trying to make an investment into any company ethereum is the best way to do it, if you are looking to make a large transaction without paying huge fees like bitcoin takes nowdays you could try Bitcoin Cash or Litecoin.
Plenity of option based on the current amount of altcoins being traded daily.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:17:51 AM

Dont underestimate the capability of altcoins as long as they are legit. Altcoin contributed to the success of bitcoin in which bitcoin maintain the lead positions of all digital currencies. No matter how many altcoins that you keep still we will sell it to bitcoin so that we could earn fiat but if there is no altcoins, how can you earn Bitcoin for free if you dont want to support the cheaper altcoins? So therefore do not look down the altcoins because most of us earned Bitcoin to fiat because of these coins.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:21:30 AM

Technology is growing rapidly so there is a new altcoin that provides more advanced technology than old altcoin, I support it. I imagine if there is no altcoin and there is only bitcoin that's a bit strange, since most of cryptocurrency users now still get a profit or one of the sources of income is in altcoin.

SyamSoedin

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:27:26 AM

Of course, we need, it's just too boring with one coin. But it's not the point, ALT coin it's just a small proportion of million chance to become a millionaire, people need something to play when BTC going down, or like stability coin if BTC is unstable.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ronnis.gomes

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:35:37 AM

Obviously it is necessary to have other altcoins, as each one has its own purpose and theoretically a real problem that will be overcome.
Ali Akbar Torang

Activity: 381

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:48:18 AM

If the question do we need altcoin?

first we should understand what do we need, people came out with new altcoin everyday is just because they though people in the community of cryptocurrency are in needed of new altcoin, new project with old idea or new idea. so as long people still invest in new project there will be more new alt. but i think it will not lasting until some point and it will continue. crypto is still new and young we can't guess what happen next precisely, but i feel it will be Amaze the community.

webmone

Activity: 287

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:34:01 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin does not cope with the functions and ideas assigned to it for several months already - the network is overloaded and the transactions are too slow. The forks of bitcoin are simply useless in comparison with the promising altcoins.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:20:12 AM

Of course, we need, it's just too boring with one coin. But it's not the point, ALT coin it's just a small proportion of million chance to become a millionaire, people need something to play when BTC going down, or like stability coin if BTC is unstable.

Yes I couldn't agree more, we definitely need altcoins they provide opportunities and raises
the stakes for everybody to invest and acquire profits. If it's just one coin, that would
resemble a monopoly. It disrupts the balance in the cryptocurrency market. Altcoins
have a distinct purpose, each and every new coins have a target market that exceedingly
focuses and enhances that area. With bitcoin's success, altcoins has also the capacity
to make it big. They are considerable options that provide substantial solutions and
services.
putrii

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:27:00 AM

of course altcoin we really need because by playing altcoin you can get wealth and can simplify to multiply the assets or bitcoin you have, lest you not use altcoin available to multiply the bitcoin you have.
FullMooon

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:42:57 AM

Yes some of the altcoins has a different values so needing altcoins is not just we need it its stick on our lives becuase people when they see bad on a material they do muvh more better to help the people. Thats why maybe somealtcoin are better than the other bitcoins criteria thats why it important and we need it.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
markers

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:47:32 AM

Current flow of altcoins is evidence of market immature. This is the first step on the way of market development. Think that going forward we will face with strong consolidation trends among cryptociurrencies. Some of them will merge, another adds new functionality that makes existence of the rest meaningless.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: