Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:40:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing for the long term in an altcoin is good idea?  (Read 3820 times)
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:28:29 AM

When choosing altcoins for long term investment, research them first so you can choose the best altcoins that really has the best chance to grow in long term. Their past performances will also reveal how far the altcoin will go when it come to price acceleration.
Jmesser80

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:44:02 AM

I think there is money to be made in altcoins long term. You just have to find the right ones. There are a few good projects out there that I think have great potential but there many more that are pure crap. Best approach is too read up and learn before you invest long term. Bitcoin is the go to, that’s where I have the bulk of my investment currently. Most altcoins tend to be pump and dump  
There is money to be made though just be diligent

steveouttrim

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:51:56 AM

If you mean "long term" is longer than 2-3 years, I think definitely. While past performance does not perfectly predict future behaviour, we can see a common thread in many of the successful ICOs. Supply is fixed, demand is growing, price goes up.

alt-coins are very volatile, over the long term this volatility is much less noticeable. If they appreciate enough that you can get your original investment back and still keep some as long term hold, you will have a smart strategy that mixes growth and reduces risks.
PhoenixDev

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 02:36:18 AM

yeah it is good idea but you must be smart for investing,
Aizhen05

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:17:23 AM

When choosing altcoins for long term investment, research them first so you can choose the best altcoins that really has the best chance to grow in long term. Their past performances will also reveal how far the altcoin will go when it come to price acceleration.
choosing the best one and make a deep study on it are the best thing to do for cause if may not you may have a chance to loose it cause i believe for the potential of the some coin that any of it are best for long term but before picking up for what will be the best you may have a research on it fro you to be a winner.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:17:38 AM

With bitcoin right now having a price of $10k. It would be hard for it to go another x10 and that would be $100k per bitcoin.

On the other side, altcoins can easily go x4 and x5 if they are great projects. Like Kyber x4, chainlink x5 and QSP x4 right after ICO.

For now, one of the great ICO with huge potential is Appcoins, where it already have working product: Aptoide. With 200 million active users, when the protocol for Appcoins is ready, they can easily reach out to millions of user to use Appcoins tokens for payment to merchandise.
marseille

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:20:31 AM

Depends on which coin you are investing as there are many shit coins and if you are investing in it then its not a great idea to hold it longer as it can disappear at any time but if you have invested in reputed coin like ETH then you can afford to hold if for a long term.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:48:03 AM

With bitcoin right now having a price of $10k. It would be hard for it to go another x10 and that would be $100k per bitcoin.

On the other side, altcoins can easily go x4 and x5 if they are great projects. Like Kyber x4, chainlink x5 and QSP x4 right after ICO.

For now, one of the great ICO with huge potential is Appcoins, where it already have working product: Aptoide. With 200 million active users, when the protocol for Appcoins is ready, they can easily reach out to millions of user to use Appcoins tokens for payment to merchandise.

I think that's why it's good time for investing on altcoin right now. Altcoin price is on red right now because of the bitcoin price increase, so invest your money into altcoin right now when the price still below and when the bitcoin price going down you can sell your altcoins to get profits
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 04:49:08 AM

This is depend on the fundamental of the altcoin, but will more profitable if we doing day trade to increasing amount of Bitcoin. Some altcoin that good in fundamental will be more profitable and less risk for longterm investment just like : ETH, DASH, LTC, WAVES. And by make investment by portfolio 70% Bitcoin and 30% altcoin will be more safe and more profitable.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
usekevin

Activity: 2240
Merit: 562

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:05:16 AM

Depends on which coin you are investing as there are many shit coins and if you are investing in it then its not a great idea to hold it longer as it can disappear at any time but if you have invested in reputed coin like ETH then you can afford to hold if for a long term.

Yes,only if you inverse in reputed altcoin means,you are safe.Many new altcoin is created and reach some how and then it's disappear. It's due to the potential of that coin.So if you have a idea to inverse in altcoin means better choose the reputed altcoin such as ETH, Waves,lite coin.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:10:11 AM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

Is it a good approach to stay invested for long term in the altcoin space?

I agree with you, I bought a lot of altcoin and kept it in my wallet. I think earlier this year was his time for altcoin to ride up and pump.
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:13:08 AM

Yes! it is absolutely a good idea to invest in altcoin for long term because the market prices is still unstable and several altcoin can spring a surprise in this situation like Bitcoin is currently doing.Eth will be the major part of my long-term portfolio possibly reaching 50% of my crypto stack. It is the first cryptocurrency which has actually working smart contracts, huge and still growing community, and it has the best team in terms of quality and quantity.Others are LiveEdu, monero,Dash are also important for my long-term portfolio.
ictin

Activity: 258

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:26:47 AM

Investing in long term with top 10 altcoins is the good idea. Both of them are valuable and have a big market cap. But with small altcoins, you should trade in short term

gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:28:53 AM

surely, investing in altcoin for the long term is an advantage. selected altcoin must be of good quality, and have good altcoin condition,seeing the journey a program from altcoin to be right way to predict the interest value from buyer .
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:38:28 AM

Based on the understanding and knowledge of following up with the cryptocurrency for the past 6 month, my inference is that the cryptocurrency is highlt volatile.

I think earlier this year was a great start for some altcoin. while for bitcoin will tend to stabilize in early 2018. and altcoin will be in the pump.
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:56:12 AM

I think earlier this year was a great start for some altcoin. while for bitcoin will tend to stabilize in early 2018. and altcoin will be in the pump.

I think the bitcoin is promising, it is ok for long term investment, but recently, there are more and more forked coins, such as bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold and bitcoin diamond. I am a little worried these forked coins will destroy the btc.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
WeedGoW

Activity: 274
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:58:41 AM

How long are we talking here? Like a year or a few month? It very hard to hold altcoin for a year or so.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:06:19 AM

I think it is not good idea. Before investment on a altcoin, it is necessary to see how promising the coin is. Invest on bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin,zcash,dash are very good thinking in long term. It depends that how the future of coin which want to select you for investment.
udayantha11

Activity: 770
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 07:02:40 AM

It depends, but i also doing for six months.. You better not go for very long. Better change the coin time to time. Some coins have  good potential first 3 months then goes down.. Thats the problem.

I personally change my porfolio time to time

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 07:30:54 AM

Investing in altcoin is good if you know what you are investing. Just like Neo which has shot up from a few cents to $40 now which is x80 while bitcoin only x7 this year.

However, it is how you are able to filter out which alt coins are good to have.

One great ICO i would like to recommend is the Appcoins. The company already has a working product: Aptoide. It is the 3rd largest app store in the world with 200million active users and 4 billion downloads. So once the protocol is ready, Appcoins will have easy access to million of users using it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: