Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:45:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:14:20 PM

Sometimes when you make transactions your client will automatically create new addresses and split your funds between them. Why it does this I have no idea, maybe someone else can explain this.
This is why I recommend manually sending from a particular address, as one of your addresses may have a larger amount of funds held in it which you don't want disturbing, because from what I understand, stake will be reset to zero days if your wallet moves funds from it.

This is because an 'Input' amount of coins in the (or any) blockchain cannot be partially spent. Each incoming transaction in your wallet addresses is treated by the blockchain as a separate unit. You can send one (or more) out in total, and receive 'change ' if needed, in a separate address. If you wish to spend coins exactly matching some combination of your original inputs, the 'change' address is not required.

I see, thanks for explaining that Majormax

My thanks again to all who replied - that makes sense and could explain indirectly the six decimal places observation that I had about the transactions.

No problem, happy to help Smiley
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:45:45 PM

Couple quick announcements for the community:

- CB is no longer advertising on the main banner of CryptoCoinNews. We have decided not to renew and instead to redirect the funds that were being used for advertising on CCN to the Google Ad budget as this strategy is proving to get CB exposed to a far larger cross-section of people and businesses.

- Don't forget about the annual contest to reward CB innovation from the community: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295534.msg3171405#msg3171405

- Behind the scenes work continues and we will be making a big announcement soon...

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:47:07 PM

Approx how long till the big announcements??  Grin

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Killiz

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:06:26 PM

Couple quick announcements for the community:

- CB is no longer advertising on the main banner of CryptoCoinNews. We have decided not to renew and instead to redirect the funds that were being used for advertising on CCN to the Google Ad budget as this strategy is proving to get CB exposed to a far larger cross-section of people and businesses.

- Don't forget about the annual contest to reward CB innovation from the community: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=295534.msg3171405#msg3171405

- Behind the scenes work continues and we will be making a big announcement soon...

Nice to hear from you elambert, thanks for the update, I,ve been keeping up to date here http://cryptogenicbullion.org/blog.html less clutter and straight to the point  Smiley

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 10:38:34 AM

Someone dumped 5000 coins and crashed the price O.o

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:25:57 AM

I'm a huge supporter of this currency can't wait for the announcements Smiley

$ 436,231
$ 0.51   860,230 CGB

Cheesy

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:29:07 AM

Does the effect of dumping wear off as subsidy decreases?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Killiz

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:53:20 PM

The price of CB against the Dollar has hardly changed. In fact it looks set to rise.

We haven't seen CB rise to a stable CGB/BTC level after the last reward halving. This has been pushed back with the increase in value of Bitcoin over the last few days, as people cash in their alts to ride Bitcoin on its rise.

Once Bitcoins price becomes stable, the price of CB will come back up and beyond, hopefully with a much higher value of Bitcoin along with it.  Grin

mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:16:36 PM

The rate of CGB/BTC was about .0025-.0026 when BTC/USD was around $150 - $160.  And when BTC/USD hit $195 (about a 20% increase), CGB/BTC hit .0021 (about a 20% decrease).  So the net value is nearly unchanged, as Killiz said. 

The correlation with BTC is accurate and I suspect it will stabilize and be less pressured with each subsidy halving going forward, which was the point of the design of accelerated subsidy halving.  I have said all along to those who know me (and a couple times in these forums) that I expect BTC/USD to be over $1000 within a year.  And as BTC/USD tests the $200 level, suddenly accelerated subsidy halving looks like a bright idea.  Plus, couple that with future project developments of mine as well as a developing economic web ecosystem and continued marketing initiative, then you truly have the potential to--wait for it--multiply the value of your bitcoins over time.

Try not to get caught up with the daily price movements...it will drive you mad.

In the meantime, I believe BTC/USD over $200 will soon have a rising tide raises (most) boats effect and I'm doing my best to make sure CGB is one of those boats.

-Merc
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 03:28:03 PM

The upcoming months will surely be interesting.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 07:38:21 PM

Creeping up in market cap! Only $10k to go to overtake Terracoin and the # 8 spot!

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:38:14 AM

The rate of CGB/BTC was about .0025-.0026 when BTC/USD was around $150 - $160.  And when BTC/USD hit $195 (about a 20% increase), CGB/BTC hit .0021 (about a 20% decrease).  So the net value is nearly unchanged, as Killiz said. 

The correlation with BTC is accurate and I suspect it will stabilize and be less pressured with each subsidy halving going forward, which was the point of the design of accelerated subsidy halving.  I have said all along to those who know me (and a couple times in these forums) that I expect BTC/USD to be over $1000 within a year.  And as BTC/USD tests the $200 level, suddenly accelerated subsidy halving looks like a bright idea.  Plus, couple that with future project developments of mine as well as a developing economic web ecosystem and continued marketing initiative, then you truly have the potential to--wait for it--multiply the value of your bitcoins over time.

Try not to get caught up with the daily price movements...it will drive you mad.

In the meantime, I believe BTC/USD over $200 will soon have a rising tide raises (most) boats effect and I'm doing my best to make sure CGB is one of those boats.

-Merc

Very well said my friend! One must keep things in perspective. Only 3.5 short months ago CB was born. We have come so far in such a short time. CB has established itself as a top 10 market cap currency and has done so despite being ignored thus far by the big exchanges (BTC-e, MCX, Mt Gox, etc.). As a matter of fact, CB is the highest market cap coin that is not currently traded on one (or multiple) of the afore mentioned exchanges. Truly remarkable indeed! It is simply a matter of time and staying the course. Thank you for all that you do Merc! Truly a pleasure and honor having you in the lead dev role!

That being said, we have huge plans for CB and despite how far we have already come, we have only just begun the journey!

CB community, take a minute to step back and enjoy the astonishing growth we have experienced so far. The joys in life are not the reaching of the goal, but rather in the journey! Enjoy the ride!
Sustainable

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:58:52 AM

-Merc

Very well said my friend! One must keep things in perspective. Only 3.5 short months ago CB was born. We have come so far in such a short time. CB has established itself as a top 10 market cap currency and has done so despite being ignored thus far by the big exchanges (BTC-e, MCX, Mt Gox, etc.). As a matter of fact, CB is the highest market cap coin that is not currently traded on one (or multiple) of the afore mentioned exchanges. Truly remarkable indeed! It is simply a matter of time and staying the course. Thank you for all that you do Merc! Truly a pleasure and honor having you in the lead dev role!

That being said, we have huge plans for CB and despite how far we have already come, we have only just begun the journey!

CB community, take a minute to step back and enjoy the astonishing growth we have experienced so far. The joys in life are not the reaching of the goal, but rather in the journey! Enjoy the ride!

Thank you so much for you and mercurys continual support, I can see seriously great opportunities for this bullion in a real world environment.

Cloud Mining - Mine when your computer is not on. Mine if you don't have the appropriate hardware or operating system! Mine when you are asleep! ---> https://cex.io/r/1/Sustainable/0/
mercSuey

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:31:15 AM

-Merc

Thank you so much for you and mercurys continual support, I can see seriously great opportunities for this bullion in a real world environment.

Thanks for the support.  Smiley
mercSuey

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:31:53 AM

-Merc

And don't forget Vircurex...they've been around for awhile.
mercSuey

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:49:33 PM

And don't forget Vircurex...they've been around for awhile.
Yeah but they don't have that much volume.
Petition CGB for btc-e?

Yes, when the time is right.  I don't think we have earned it yet.  But after our major projects are released in the next few weeks/months then we will have differentiated CGB from all other coins and carved out our own specific niche.  Patience, my friend.

-Merc
hypersire

Activity: 596
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:11:17 PM

Thanks for the updates today guys... some great info. I am a large holder of CGB and I can't wait to see where this ride takes us!

I think it's a good call to hold off on petitioning BTC-e for now - let the price rise and stabilize on its own and the coin gain more of a reputation first.

Advertising is key right now. People need to know about the two main differences from Bitcoin - the more energy-efficient POS and the 2% interest. These are the key selling points IMHO.

Keep up the great work!
kmtan

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:08:53 AM

how is CB growth?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2013, 08:12:26 PM

I've got some people behind me panicking now.. damn

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
QuantPlus

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 08:39:38 PM

CGB has held up very well during Alt-Armageddon...
But you gotta get listed on a proper exchange(MCX or BTC-e)...
Traders, volume, and liquidity would double-triple CGB quickly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: