Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:03:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 11:27:01 PM

I was thinking about this, so how does this go? BTC goes up, everything else goes down.

Because the exchange rate CGB/BTC is based on BTC.  Just look at it using numbers:  1/10 , 1/100 , 1/1000 = .1 , .01 , .001
You can see as the denominator (bottom number) increases from 10 to 100 to 1000, the overall number gets smaller.  

But the dollar amount is still looking good:   http://coinmarketcap.com/

Then BTC crashes and everything else goes up and then BTC goes up again in a more sensible way?

Yeah, because strong holders take up the supply so that the next leg up has less selling pressure.  

The wise strategy is to build reserves in order to buy the quality alts whilst BTC is ramping. When the price breaks, you will be able to pick up the better coins just before they make their next moves up. I am picking up small amounts of CGB as and when it is offered low, but the big game hass a small window of opportunity.
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 11:31:11 PM

I was thinking about this, so how does this go? BTC goes up, everything else goes down.

Because the exchange rate CGB/BTC is based on BTC.  Just look at it using numbers:  1/10 , 1/100 , 1/1000 = .1 , .01 , .001
You can see as the denominator (bottom number) increases from 10 to 100 to 1000, the overall number gets smaller.  

But the dollar amount is still looking good:   http://coinmarketcap.com/

Then BTC crashes and everything else goes up and then BTC goes up again in a more sensible way?

Yeah, because strong holders take up the supply so that the next leg up has less selling pressure.  

The wise strategy is to build reserves in order to buy the quality alts whilst BTC is ramping. When the price breaks, you will be able to pick up the better coins just before they make their next moves up. I am picking up small amounts of CGB as and when it is offered low, but the big game hass a small window of opportunity.

very small windows of opportunity i agree with you tottaly

If you dont risk you wouldn have a greater profit

pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:40:04 AM

The OP reads "~1,000,000 CryptogenicBullion with 0.5% annual PoW inflation", and the website refers to 1.5% interest. I am a little unclear about how this works or is applied in practise. Does this mean if you store CGB in your CGB wallet for a year, 1.5% is accrued? Is there a way to calculate any timing of this? Thanks for any explanation...

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
mercSuey

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:45:10 AM

The OP reads "~1,000,000 CryptogenicBullion with 0.5% annual PoW inflation", and the website refers to 1.5% interest. I am a little unclear about how this works or is applied in practise. Does this mean if you store CGB in your CGB wallet for a year, 1.5% is accrued? Is there a way to calculate any timing of this? Thanks for any explanation...

The 0.5% PoW inflation refers to the coins minted via "Proof-of-work" mining.

The annual ~1.5% interest is the minting from Proof-of-Stake (PoS), which is paid out to coins which have been stationary in a wallet for at least 30 days.  

Here are some links:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_work

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/9082/what-is-proof-of-stake

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake

pgbit

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:14:30 AM

thanks for the info - can you show me how I tell if interest is added, and tell me if anything should appear at 2 months-ish after starting wallet? I have had a wallet for a while, but not immediately seeing how I can tell any interest is added. Would I have to export data? There have been some ingoing / outgoing transactions, but there have always been coins in the wallet for over 2 months.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
mercSuey

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:33:22 AM

thanks for the info - can you show me how I tell if interest is added, and tell me if anything should appear at 2 months-ish after starting wallet? I have had a wallet for a while, but not immediately seeing how I can tell any interest is added. Would I have to export data? There have been some ingoing / outgoing transactions, but there have always been coins in the wallet for over 2 months.

I will write a thorough guide and explanation to answer all your questions by tomorrow.
xmast

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:16:04 AM

I will write a thorough guide and explanation to answer all your questions by tomorrow.

I think you could do it. Make cgb vosstrebovan on the market. But in any case does not belong to the project carelessly. Maintain and develop.
Remember that on how you react to the project with him so and  be it.
I fully support and he became a holder cgb.
So far, very few people know about cryptogenic Bullion. If you plug in the Chinese ...
It seems to me that you take care of the success of their project.
Dragooon

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:51:02 AM

Thanks for the explanation mercSuey

Because the exchange rate CGB/BTC is based on BTC.  Just look at it using numbers:  1/10 , 1/100 , 1/1000 = .1 , .01 , .001

But the dollar amount is still looking good:   http://coinmarketcap.com/

I've bought an initial amount and am holding onto it for a few months, even if BTC crashes it'll come back up like always and I see CGB going up given these recent announcements (it's already holding steady at a price higher than what I bought them for), since the money I invested in it was secondary I can hold them indefinitely.

▒ NOW token ▒ by ChangeNOW ▒ Get the WIN! ▒
ChangeNOW - an instant Non-custodial Exchange Service  (( changenow.io ))
Whitepaper  ▓  Telegram  ▓  Twitter  ▓  Facebook  ▓  Medium  ▓  Reddit  ▓  Bounty Thread
pgbit

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:32:11 AM

Thanks, appreciated.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 01:28:03 AM

Quick query: My client has just mined 6 stake transactions in the last 30 mins, but one of them is showing as 'Offline . Generated but not accepted'. The others are confirming normally. Do I need to take any action ?

BTW, I fixed the checkpoint error with a clean instal.
mercSuey

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 02:07:31 AM

Quick query: My client has just mined 6 stake transactions in the last 30 mins, but one of them is showing as 'Offline . Generated but not accepted'. The others are confirming normally. Do I need to take any action ?

BTW, I fixed the checkpoint error with a clean instal.

I'm glad you fixed the checkpoint issue.

If the staked coins haven't returned to confirmed then just go to the debug->help console and type the command: repairwallet.  Other than that, no action needed, it's like an orphan.  Happens sometimes...
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:34:37 AM

Deleted the whole CGB directory and started again. Same error.

"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."

Undecided

Same here...

Fresh install attempted 3 times on Win7 Premium.
Still getting... "errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."
mercSuey

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:28:19 AM

"errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."

Undecided

Same here...

Still getting... "errors" : "WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers."

Post a screen shot of your client.  Make sure you're running v1.1.6.4.

But in the meantime...make sure you do a fresh install like so:

First, make sure you have a backup of your wallet.dat file.

Next, a fresh install means taking out your wallet.dat file from your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder and temporarily putting it on your desktop, then deleting the AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder and everything in it.  Then run the client.  Once it syncs and you are not getting the checkpoint message then close your client and replace the new wallet.dat the client just made with the one you temporarily placed on your desktop.  Then run your client and allow for your balance to confirm once the block chain is scanned.
mercSuey

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:09:51 AM

Undecided

Same here...

post a screen shot of your CGB client with the warnings, I'd like to see you're running the proper version.

...I see from your post history your last post was May 31st.  Seems very odd that your first post in almost six months is about CGB client warnings which I have personally never experienced.   I take it you suddenly started to get back into cryptos?   CGB has that luster, I know Wink
artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:54:40 PM

Another windows user here.  Windows 7 x64, 3ghz 6 core processor 8gb ram.  Not really a slow machine.  Splash hangs for literally several minutes, then finally crashes.  

First I've heard of anything like that...I've never seen you in this thread before either...

Send me the crash message or log, or a screen shot and I'll look into it.

...I see from your post history your last post was May 31st.  Seems very odd that your first post in almost six months is about CGB client warnings which I have personally never experienced.   I take it you suddenly started to get back into cryptos?   CGB has that luster, I know Wink

You seem to care a lot about people's post history.  Just because people don't post here often or haven't posted in this thread doesn't mean they "are out of cryptos".  A lot of people will only post if they have problems.  Or maybe they are just here making shit up to fuck with you... Wink
mercSuey

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:27:12 PM

Another windows user here.  Windows 7 x64, 3ghz 6 core processor 8gb ram.  Not really a slow machine.  Splash hangs for literally several minutes, then finally crashes.  

First I've heard of anything like that...I've never seen you in this thread before either...

Send me the crash message or log, or a screen shot and I'll look into it.

You seem to care a lot about people's post history.  Just because people don't post here often or haven't posted in this thread doesn't mean they "are out of cryptos".  A lot of people will only post if they have problems.  Or maybe they are just here making shit up to fuck with you... Wink

I asked for a crash log 8 days ago and haven't heard a word since...and now you post this nonsense.  Hmm.
artiface

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:54:25 PM

Actually I did reply the very same day, stating that when I tried to reproduce the crash, it was now working, I couldn't reproduce it.
-- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.msg3568972#msg3568972

I understand if you can't reproduce the error, and therefore don't know what is causing it... no problem.  I am a software engineer and I have seen it time and again.   But your hmms and winks and subtle suggestions that because people have never been in this thread before or haven't posted for months they are somehow not credible is a cop-out, why are you trying to discredit your users?  You can take that however you want, it's not meant as an attack, just constructive criticism.
mercSuey

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 04:59:38 PM

Actually I did reply the very same day, stating that when I tried to reproduce the crash, it was now working, I couldn't reproduce it.
-- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=245086.msg3568972#msg3568972

I understand if you can't reproduce the error, and therefore don't know what is causing it... no problem.  I am a software engineer and I have seen it time and again.   But your hmms and winks and subtle suggestions that because people have never been in this thread before or haven't posted for months they are somehow not credible is a cop-out, why are you trying to discredit your users?  You can take that however you want, it's not meant as an attack, just constructive criticism.

I honestly missed that message.  Apologies.

As for my reaction to some of these threads...haters abound in this forum.  You should see some of the pms I get from newb accounts that get left stranded after they send their msg to me.  It's...entertaining.
artiface

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:23:52 PM

I understand the pain in the ass that users with "bugs" but no information about what actually happened, and no response to your requests when you try to help them can be.

I respect you and all the work you've done on this coin.  I know this coin will be highly successful, so thanks for all you do!
mercSuey

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:31:38 PM

I understand the pain in the ass that users with "bugs" but no information about what actually happened, and no response to your requests when you try to help them can be.

I respect you and all the work you've done on this coin.  I know this coin will be highly successful, so thanks for all you do!

Thanks for the kind words...means a lot.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: