Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:13:48 PM

I don't know if I like the part that says "already 95% mined (rare)".  Although it has been released for many months, and miners have had ample opportunity to mine it, that fact can get twisted and turned into a horde screaming "SCAM!! SCAM!!" really fast.

I'd put something on there alluding to the low amount of inflation through continual PoW and PoS.  Like something to allude to the fact that it is stable and usable as actual currency because of that.  Implies that it is mostly mined already without screaming it.

Then again, inflation is a bit of a dirty word to the crypto world as well.

God damn I don't know, it's like unless you make sure to personally notify every miner in the world of your coin's release and be sure they are mining from block 1, it'll be called a scam.  Oh yeah, and be sure to make the first block halving 5 years down the road so that the guy who builds his mining rig next year can get some too, because 50% inflation rate (from coins that are billed as deflationary) makes for stable currency.

I hate miners sometimes and feel dirty being one of them.

Anyway, I'm started to slip off topic.  I don't know, fuck it, picture is fine!

Good point (and counterpoint Tongue)

Perhaps rather use something along the lines of:
"RARE - Only 1 million + 2% annual inflation"

And perhaps remove the 1.5% from the interest bearing line so as not to throw too many percentages out there.
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:23:04 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 07:45:29 PM by papersheepdog

I don't know if I like the part that says "already 95% mined (rare)".  Although it has been released for many months, and miners have had ample opportunity to mine it, that fact can get twisted and turned into a horde screaming "SCAM!! SCAM!!" really fast.

God damn I don't know, it's like unless you make sure to personally notify every miner in the world of your coin's release and be sure they are mining from block 1, it'll be called a scam.  Oh yeah, and be sure to make the first block halving 5 years down the road so that the guy who builds his mining rig next year can get some too, because 50% inflation rate (from coins that are billed as deflationary) makes for stable currency.

sixteendigits You are absolutely correct to point this out! I posted the image to Reddit CryptoMarkets http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1wvaqi/trying_to_raise_awareness_about_this_hidden_gem/ and your concern was the FIRST response I got! To quote the respondant:

Can you explain why "already mined 95%" is a good thing? Sounds mega dodgy to me.

Here was my response:

Will you say the same thing when every other crypto is at 95% complete mining? At some point you just start using the currency and largely forget mining. This is true for all others. CGB had an accelerated mining period, it was well and fairly advertised and mined by a large community.

What it means is that you don't have to fight inflation. Its a good place to park cash and sit on interest. Doge for example requires a million USD PER DAY injected into it to maintain its price against miners dumping coins on the market. CGB is less than $1000.

Soon we will see a large flight from fiat into hard assets and digital currencies. Investors with lots of cash will not just throw their money into anything, they are trained to discern between wise and poor investments. They will chose a second gen (progressive) crypto with low inflation so that miners are not free loading on their capital. I am not trying to convince miners to mine CGB here. I'm talking hot money and discerning investors.

This is an opportunity to inform! One aspect that excites me about CGB is that it truly is a hidden and undervalued gem. This is what intelligent people look for and I will put myself out there to argue against every last poorly thought out response from the yet-to-be-converted. It is a great opportunity to shed light on the frustrations of the inflationary nature of rapidly expanding coins and win over their user base.

There is no winning. When you say that its rare because there are only 1 million, that's intellectually irrelevant as it can be divided down to 8 decimal places. The actual supply is realized to be little more than aesthetics when you compare to other cryptos. Real investors know this. Market cap is much more important and what the number in your wallet looks like is almost irrelevant. When they pick up on the 95% thing its an opportunity to explain that the INFLATION PERIOD IS DONE!!  Cool Hop on board.

I wonder if 95% Mined (low inflation) might be an acceptable message. I really want to get it across that you wont have miners "freeloading" off of your capital. We need to target the people with the cash not the miners!

I do very much welcome the criticism! Thanks!

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:15:26 PM

sixteendigits You are absolutely correct to point this out! I posted the image to Reddit CryptoMarkets http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1wvaqi/trying_to_raise_awareness_about_this_hidden_gem/ and your concern was the FIRST response I got! To quote the respondant:

Can you explain why "already mined 95%" is a good thing? Sounds mega dodgy to me.

Here was my response:

Will you say the same thing when every other crypto is at 95% complete mining? At some point you just start using the currency and largely forget mining. This is true for all others. CGB had an accelerated mining period, it was well and fairly advertised and mined by a large community.

What it means is that you don't have to fight inflation. Its a good place to park cash and sit on interest. Doge for example requires a million USD PER DAY injected into it to maintain its price against miners dumping coins on the market. CGB is less than $1000.

Soon we will see a large flight from fiat into hard assets and digital currencies. Investors with lots of cash will not just throw their money into anything, they are trained to discern between wise and poor investments. They will chose a second gen (progressive) crypto with low inflation so that miners are not free loading on their capital. I am not trying to convince miners to mine CGB here. I'm talking hot money and discerning investors.

This is an opportunity to inform! One aspect that excites me about CGB is that it truly is a hidden and undervalued gem. This is what intelligent people look for and I will put myself out there to argue against every last poorly thought out response from the yet-to-be-converted. It is a great opportunity to shed light on the frustrations of the inflationary nature of rapidly expanding coins and win over their user base.

There is no winning. When you say that its rare because there are only 1 million, that's intellectually irrelevant as it can be divided down to 8 decimal places. The actual supply is realized to be little more than aesthetics when you compare to other cryptos. Real investors know this. Market cap is much more important and what the number in your wallet looks like is almost irrelevant. When they pick up on the 95% thing its an opportunity to explain that the INFLATION PERIOD IS DONE!!  Cool Hop on board.

I wonder if 95% Mined (low inflation) might be an acceptable message. I really want to get it across that you wont have miners "freeloading" off of your capital. We need to target the people with the cash not the miners!

I do very much welcome the criticism! Thanks!

I'd put something on there alluding to the low amount of inflation through continual PoW and PoS.  Like something to allude to the fact that it is stable and usable as actual currency because of that.  Implies that it is mostly mined already without screaming it.

Then again, inflation is a bit of a dirty word to the crypto world as well.

I hate miners sometimes and feel dirty being one of them.

Anyway, I'm started to slip off topic.  I don't know, fuck it, picture is fine!

Good point (and counterpoint Tongue)

And perhaps remove the 1.5% from the interest bearing line so as not to throw too many percentages out there.

I like elambert's ideas, less numbers and doesn't scream that it is mostly mined.

papersheepdog, I do agree with you though that investor's (people actually putting money into crypto) is who needs to be targeted.  At a certain point, we miners need to grow up and realize investors don't give a shit if a coin is fair.  If a coin is well designed, secure, and easy for average joe to use, an investor doesn't give a damn if it was all insta-mined in one block by the dev and held solely by him.

We need to realize that computer geniuses don't necessarily have the economics knowledge to design a working currency and maybe the world can't wait decades for a coin to have a reasonable rate of inflation.  Take QRK for example, now I don't like QRK for a few reasons (not gonna turn this into a QRK thread) but I thought it's distribution model was genius.  I'd say 6-12 months of mining + 1-2% inflation seems about what coins should shoot for these days.  Well, we have that distribution model in CGB but with PoS security!

But yeah, I am starting to preach to the choir here.
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 10:31:41 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 10:57:42 PM by papersheepdog

Interesting. I think I'm seeing the other side here. An investor might not really even know or care what 95% mined means. This is a tricky one to get the exact right message out to an uninformed investor. I will go back to the drawing board and work with your suggestions for that point. Thanks guys, and stay tuned.

Edit: Perhaps something like: Inflation Stage Completed (rare)

This would imply to an unknowing investor that other coins are in an inflation stage (stay away) and that this one is largely done with that "stage" of its life cycle. Even though it's still inflating at a small yearly amount right now its still technically correct in my opinion to categorize the current stage as post-inflation.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 11:50:48 PM

Submitted for your approval Wink

Criticism welcome !

We need to start hitting the doge community with stuff like this. CGB is the answer to their inflationary woes.

-Papersheepdog

x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 12:32:54 AM

Looks like CGB is ready for take off, only thing needed now is a proper marketing plan targeting the right audience and some updated info / timeline about MADEsparq Wink
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:36:09 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 01:53:54 PM by Ethapus

Criticism welcome !

We need to start hitting the doge community with stuff like this. CGB is the answer to their inflationary woes.

-Papersheepdog

I like the pic, but i really dig the idea of infiltrating the doge community somehow. They have a huge community of crypto-newbies that were just pulled into the altcoin world by reddit and the doge, and as they begin to realize that dogecoin prices will crumble due to massive inflation, they need to be convinced to switch to cgb instead of throwing the towel and condemning all altcoins.

I envision striking back with their own weapons, posting memes of doge looking up in awe saying (thinking?) something like "wow; low inflation; much mature; so rare; very better". Only in doge territory though, to "lure" dogecoin users, not as a new general marketing scheme of cgb Grin

Edit: The second-to-last pic would be perfect if there was a little more space on the left side to fittingly place the cgb logo, the text would go on the right/around.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:13:17 PM

Criticism welcome !

-Papersheepdog

I like the pic, but i really dig the idea of infiltrating the doge community somehow. They have a huge community of crypto-newbies that were just pulled into the altcoin world by reddit and the doge, and as they begin to realize that dogecoin prices will crumble due to massive inflation, they need to be convinced to switch to cgb instead of throwing the towel and condemning all altcoins.

I envision striking back with their own weapons, posting memes of doge looking up in awe saying (thinking?) something like "wow; low inflation; much mature; so rare; very better". Only in doge territory though, to "lure" dogecoin users, not as a new general marketing scheme of cgb Grin

Edit: The second-to-last pic would be perfect if there was a little more space on the left side to fittingly place the cgb logo, the text would go on the right/around.

papersheepdog and Ethapus - I think you guys are on to a stroke of genius here! Lets open the eyes of the Doge lovers!
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:14:08 PM

Ethapus: 

This is epic. That's exactly what I'm talking about! They may soon be disenfranchised and need somewhere to turn. I love the idea of making doge memes, I was thinking along similar lines.

As far as a marketing strategy goes, we need a few things: More ideas like this! Photoshoppers (I'm one of em) to implement said ideas. Talking points so we can all stay on message when we spread out. We need more data showing the advantages of CGB, any kind of comparative analysis and such against target coins. For the CGB message I think we need to really play our strength which is a safe, low inflation currency to dump fleeing hot fiat into. This is really an investors coin right now and at this price it's an insane buy. 

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:17:35 PM

wdmxssm

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:22:53 PM

I began to hold 200 from 0.004BTC
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 02:40:25 PM

after seeing all these great ideas i may have to join the 10k club, great work guys! keep it up
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:05:08 PM

Logo design contest for http://cryptokopen.eu (where you can buy CGB for EU) sponsored by CGB:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=448668.new#new
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:14:04 PM

we need a forum, an exclusive cgb forum, or is there one already?
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:20:41 PM

Under construction and coming very soon  Wink

artiface

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:31:42 PM

Do any of the reddit tip bots support CGB?  http://www.reddit.com/r/ALTcointip does not, though the source is available maybe we could make a GCB tip bot?  I know coinye had a youtube tipping bot.  I think doge has a soundcloud tipping bot. 

Having a bot that supports tipping with CGB on Reddit, Youtube, Soundcloud, etc would help get the word out.  If people get tips in CGB they may want to find out what it's all about.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:41:27 PM

that's great to hear!!

Do any of the reddit tip bots support CGB?  http://www.reddit.com/r/ALTcointip does not, though the source is available maybe we could make a GCB tip bot?  I know coinye had a youtube tipping bot.  I think doge has a soundcloud tipping bot. 

Having a bot that supports tipping with CGB on Reddit, Youtube, Soundcloud, etc would help get the word out.  If people get tips in CGB they may want to find out what it's all about.
nice idea mate, this crypto is going to be huge, when it gets rolling! we need to spread the word more, i can see CGB at 1k each and not far down the road either! times are getting tough, people are loosing there faith in fiat, we need to hook those people in
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

I began to hold 200 from 0.004BTC

I know how you feel, I have been buying physical silver for the last couple years. When you see it go down like that you have to have an iron stomach and know that you made the right choice. Time will show that. It takes courage to buy on the way down and sell near the top and on the way up.

This sounds like a good idea. Anything to show that we have the infrastructure to support our community will help!

Do any of the reddit tip bots support CGB?  http://www.reddit.com/r/ALTcointip does not, though the source is available maybe we could make a GCB tip bot?  I know coinye had a youtube tipping bot.  I think doge has a soundcloud tipping bot. 

Having a bot that supports tipping with CGB on Reddit, Youtube, Soundcloud, etc would help get the word out.  If people get tips in CGB they may want to find out what it's all about.

Great idea! I am skeptical of the actual dynamics of tipping as having any real effect on the currency itself but it may encourage people to hold more of CGB and to spread the word. Those are two very powerful potential results.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:45:37 PM

your a real asset to this currency papersheepdog, you know that, don't go anywhere we need you  Wink
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 05:50:57 PM

your a real asset to this currency papersheepdog, you know that, don't go anywhere we need you  Wink

+1
PSD for president!!!

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: