Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286590 times)
papersheepdog

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 02:27:58 PM

Does anyone know if we have a paper wallet generator? If we could get something like this: http://wallet.peercointalk.org/, I think it would be a great addition to the community services available. Apparently its open source we would just need to change the code to generate CGB wallets and update the image.

i can check tonight at home if it is easy to convert for CGB, but still i myself recommends an offline paper wallet generator. i will see what i can do in the next few days... "nothing promised"

Yes when generating paper wallets you should really do it offline.  Generating it online means some third party service has the opportunity to know your private key, so you need to gauge how much you trust the random anonymous service provider. 

I totally hear your concern and I have the same. I know that this generator at peercointalk.org is done using client side java script. I assumed that many people with vested interest in their large sums of currency have looked at the code and the method and generally assumed it to be secure. I think you are right though, the best ways are really the paranoid ways. Even going so far as to reimage a PC and never let it touch the internet and use that to create the paper wallet would be logical for large enough balances. I still think there is a place for an online generator like this for making gifts or storing smaller sums of cash. Maybe not for your main cold storage wallets.

papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:01:25 PM

Hey Team (anyone reading this). I put quite a bit of work into the marketing and community development strategy document last night and hope to be able to publish its first draft soon. As a hint of things to come check out this post I made on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion/comments/1x36yi/marketing_opportunity_in_vertcoin_community/.

This is how I am envisioning a collaborative marketing effort. Will this one post be successful? I do not know, but its all part of getting the word out and exposing people to the alternatives in light of issues with their current coins of choice. The document itself will be "open sourced" and community driven welcoming all debate and input. I am hoping to be able to post something likely tomorrow for community review.

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:19:19 PM

I noticed on the CGB website there is mention of the legalization of online gambling in the US as a benefit to CGB. I'm not sure it's beneficial to try and connect CGB with online gambling.  As of right now, online gambling is only legal in 2 states, NV and NJ.  I just think that most Americans still think of online gambling as 100% illegal and heavily connected to fraud and illegal activity.  It's definitely important to push CGB to be used as a medium of exchange, but I just don't like the association with online gambling.  Let me know what you guys think?
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 04:37:36 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 05:07:15 PM by papersheepdog

I noticed on the CGB website there is mention of the legalization of online gambling in the US as a benefit to CGB. I'm not sure it's beneficial to try and connect CGB with online gambling.  As of right now, online gambling is only legal in 2 states, NV and NJ.  I just think that most Americans still think of online gambling as 100% illegal and heavily connected to fraud and illegal activity.  It's definitely important to push CGB to be used as a medium of exchange, but I just don't like the association with online gambling.  Let me know what you guys think?

That is an excellent point Jake! We really have to be careful about what kind of message we are sending. In this case I think its a given that online currencies will be highly compatible with the online gambling industry. It almost goes without saying. I have not looked too deep into the website from a marketing perspective yet and I am really new to this community, but I think you are right on the money with this suggestion.

On a related note I think the website was changed as the theme/scheme looks totally different. I like the usability better, but it looks worse to me as far as visual appeal. We need lots of polish on our image, its very important. The saturated blue/white contrast is not doing it for me and the logo maybe shouldn't have a lens flair on it (my first photoshop skill circa 1998). I don't mean to put it down its not horrible but perhaps we can get some better suggestions going like what x0rcist posted a few posts back.

x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:24:38 PM

I noticed on the CGB website there is mention of the legalization of online gambling in the US as a benefit to CGB. I'm not sure it's beneficial to try and connect CGB with online gambling.  As of right now, online gambling is only legal in 2 states, NV and NJ.  I just think that most Americans still think of online gambling as 100% illegal and heavily connected to fraud and illegal activity.  It's definitely important to push CGB to be used as a medium of exchange, but I just don't like the association with online gambling.  Let me know what you guys think?

That is an excellent point Jake! We really have to be careful about what kind of message we are sending. In this case I think its a given that online currencies will be highly compatible with the online gambling industry. It almost goes without saying. I have not looked too deep into the website from a marketing perspective yet and I am really new to this community, but I think you are right on the money with this suggestion.

On a related note I think the website was changed as the theme/scheme looks totally different. I like the usability better, but it looks worse to me as far as visual appeal. We need lots of polish on our image, its very important. The saturated blue/white contrast is not doing it for me and the logo maybe shouldn't have a lens flair on it (my first photoshop skill circa 1998). I don't mean to put it down its not horrible but perhaps we can get some better suggestions going like what x0rcist posted a few posts back.

1. Good point about the online gambling, better remove that from the website because i personally dont see people using CGB as asset for doing online gambling.

2. I agree about what is said about the website Smiley

rest; i looked into the bitaddress code for the generation of a paper wallet and with my skills of reverse engeneering this should be possible. I will check what i need to get the code adjusted in the next days. (or are other guys already busy with modding?)

ps. are we competing each other on cryptsy?  Tongue
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 06:58:08 PM

rest; i looked into the bitaddress code for the generation of a paper wallet and with my skills of reverse engeneering this should be possible. I will check what i need to get the code adjusted in the next days. (or are other guys already busy with modding?)

ps. are we competing each other on cryptsy?  Tongue

That is awesome to hear! It appears that the image which is output for the paper wallet is a 486px x 261px .png image. It has certain regions which has space left to put the QR code. If anyone wants to try make some samples of a money looking image for CGB that would be awesome. I will try to put my mind to what kind of elements should be included as far as a marketing message and perhaps I can come up with some images but its not my priority at the moment.

As for Cryptsy, lol. It does look similar to Cryptsy but if you look at their website its very easy on the eyes. The shadowed black text on the new CGB design is a bit of a strain on the other hand.

mercSuey

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:01:31 PM

So, my own opinion about the website is similar.  I think it's easier to navigate this new website, but it's a bit too simple.  I let Ben run with it just to keep things fresh.

Let me know what are your suggestions.  I personally like the previous version better.  But this is a lighter version and there were a few complaints about the older site being too dark.

The website design will never satisfy everyone's tastes, but let me know how Ben should modify it.  If we get a resounding response to go back to the previous version then we'll do so...
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:02:26 PM

wow...the new website design feels like 2 steps back.
I could see that work with black, grey and white but the blue is just...almost random...why that awful blue ?

x0rcist

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:11:42 PM

ps. are we competing each other on cryptsy?  Tongue

That is awesome to hear! It appears that the image which is output for the paper wallet is a 486px x 261px .png image. It has certain regions which has space left to put the QR code. If anyone wants to try make some samples of a money looking image for CGB that would be awesome. I will try to put my mind to what kind of elements should be included as far as a marketing message and perhaps I can come up with some images but its not my priority at the moment.

As for Cryptsy, lol. It does look similar to Cryptsy but if you look at their website its very easy on the eyes. The shadowed black text on the new CGB design is a bit of a strain on the other hand.

yes if anyone is good with designing the image part it would be awesome. my skills are more towards coding then designing. anyone a idea for the domain name? i have one in mind that is short and easy to remember but i guess if i post it here its gone in a few minutes lol.

As for Craptsy, i meant actually the buy orders of the last days that are slowly skooping away all CGB without whaling Wink
FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:06:58 PM

I could see that work with black, grey and white but the blue is just...almost random...why that awful blue ?

I think the website needs a color scheme change, keep the light theme but chuck the blue pastel colors. The website needs to be simple and uncluttered, it needs to deliver a clean profecinal look that is intrinsic to a high wealth comodoty.

A good example would the Apple.com homepage. No frills, just clean lines and clear facts about what it is they offer.

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 08:39:42 PM

I think its the two different blues that are being used here. I do like the cool steel blue on the sides but the top needs to be changed.. perhaps the top banner can be a very dark shade of the steel blue or something else.

So, my own opinion about the website is similar.  I think it's easier to navigate this new website, but it's a bit too simple.  I let Ben run with it just to keep things fresh.

Let me know what are your suggestions.  I personally like the previous version better.  But this is a lighter version and there were a few complaints about the older site being too dark.

The website design will never satisfy everyone's tastes, but let me know how Ben should modify it.  If we get a resounding response to go back to the previous version then we'll do so...

I agree that the website has made a jump forward in respect to useability. The old site was good for presentation but poor for navigation. I'm liking the social media tabs on the side but even their color scheme may have room for improvement as far as leaning towards a little more professional. Its great that we are making changes and keeping it fresh!

I believe the lighter scheme can work, but it has to focus on professional image which might be easier in a dark scheme. Perhaps we can Photoshop some other suggestions together as a community and post them here to see if anyone likes it. For now, if we can do something about that blue on the top I think we will be doing alright.

Regarding my marketing ideas I have jumped in with such excitement that I forgot to check if I'm reinventing the wheel. Does Ben frequent this board or what's a good way to spark some collaboration?

mercSuey

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:59:58 PM

I think its the two different blues that are being used here. I do like the cool steel blue on the sides but the top needs to be changed.. perhaps the top banner can be a very dark shade of the steel blue or something else.

So, my own opinion about the website is similar.  I think it's easier to navigate this new website, but it's a bit too simple.  I let Ben run with it just to keep things fresh.

Let me know what are your suggestions.  I personally like the previous version better.  But this is a lighter version and there were a few complaints about the older site being too dark.

The website design will never satisfy everyone's tastes, but let me know how Ben should modify it.  If we get a resounding response to go back to the previous version then we'll do so...

I agree that the website has made a jump forward in respect to useability. The old site was good for presentation but poor for navigation. I'm liking the social media tabs on the side but even their color scheme may have room for improvement as far as leaning towards a little more professional. Its great that we are making changes and keeping it fresh!

I believe the lighter scheme can work, but it has to focus on professional image which might be easier in a dark scheme. Perhaps we can Photoshop some other suggestions together as a community and post them here to see if anyone likes it. For now, if we can do something about that blue on the top I think we will be doing alright.

Regarding my marketing ideas I have jumped in with such excitement that I forgot to check if I'm reinventing the wheel. Does Ben frequent this board or what's a good way to spark some collaboration?

I reverted to the previous version.  I just wasn't feeling the new design.  It's too simple and the color scheme wasn't an improvement to the 'darkness' of the previous site.

This wasn't my decision to change the site, but I agreed to it.  Now I'm stepping in and reverting to the previous version.

I want the new site, whenever it may be released, to be jaw dropping awesome, both visually and practically.  I'm sure Ben will work on it until it reaches that level.

Thanks for your opinions.
mercSuey

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:02:45 PM

So, my own opinion about the website is similar.  I think it's easier to navigate this new website, but it's a bit too simple.  I let Ben run with it just to keep things fresh.

Let me know what are your suggestions.  I personally like the previous version better.  But this is a lighter version and there were a few complaints about the older site being too dark.

The website design will never satisfy everyone's tastes, but let me know how Ben should modify it.  If we get a resounding response to go back to the previous version then we'll do so...

You can contact Ben at publicrelations@cryptogenicbullion.org to discuss your ideas.  Thanks!
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 09:32:18 PM

You can contact Ben at publicrelations@cryptogenicbullion.org to discuss your ideas.  Thanks!

Oops..

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

publicrelations@cryptogenicbullion.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain cryptogenicbullion.org by smtp.secureserver.net. [68.178.213.37].

The address appears to be typed correctly. I tried sending to support as well. This is using a gmail.com account so I think it might point to an issue on the CGB server.  Shocked

mercSuey

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:01:05 PM

Oops..

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

publicrelations@cryptogenicbullion.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain cryptogenicbullion.org by smtp.secureserver.net. [68.178.213.37].

The address appears to be typed correctly. I tried sending to support as well. This is using a gmail.com account so I think it might point to an issue on the CGB server.  Shocked

I successfully sent an email to support@cryptogenicbullion.org.  Maybe just a server/network hiccup.
papersheepdog

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 10:28:55 PM

I successfully sent an email to support@cryptogenicbullion.org.  Maybe just a server/network hiccup.

Ahh. I think Google is having issues. It seems to have gone through using a different webmail provider. Thanks!

Shifu77

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:17:21 PM

As for Craptsy, i meant actually the buy orders of the last days that are slowly skooping away all CGB without whaling Wink

I bought 200 yesterday on Cryptsy, however the order took many hours to fill. Over those hours the order was filled in drips and drabs ... 0.5 cgb here, another 15 about thirty minutes later, and so on, etc. Although today I keep getting the "502 Bad gateway" message when I try to look at Cryptsy.

The banners look great. Will put them on a site I have in the next few days.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:20:44 AM

i made a list of online stores and sites that accept CGB as a payment option

http://www.LitecoinToGox.com 
http://www.mtyimport.com 
http://www.poorcollegegirls.com/store  http://www.bitclit.com 
http://seowarlock.com 
http://btcpipeshop.com
http://wrol.info 
http://www.newsbam.com
http://www.coinbucks.net
http://brownboxtech.net
http://bitezze.com 
http://xbox48.bugs3.com   
http://www.cryptogamekeys.com   
https://www.cryptovest.com 
http://litecoinstore.com   
http://www.cryptocoinstuff.com   
http://www.retrotowers.co.uk 
http://vps4.me
http://grkreationsdirect.com 
http://www.coingas.com
http://sauce4coins.com
http://www.cryptosextoys.com 
http://bitcoinprbuzz.com
http://www.finitebydesign.com
http://bananalizard.com

gambling sites

http://cryptoblackjack.kicks-ass.net
http://lotto.coinworld.us/

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:22:16 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 05:05:59 AM by dadon

some of the services and some of these sites are probably not appropriate, but, it would look good on the website
mercSuey

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:30:57 AM

Thanks!  I see a few that are not on the services page, so I'll get it updated. 

Also, I have rolled some dice at http://cgb.altdice.net/ 
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: