Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:18:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 171 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED  (Read 286589 times)
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:39:00 PM

I still don't understand why you would dump all your CGB and undercut yourself on the price.  Could have divested slowly and made more money.

probably too emotional
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:44:25 PM

Great news guys! We have a new lead dev, at least for the interim! I will announce soon. We will be releasing new clients as soon as possible which will include new checkpoints, a bug fix with listaccounts vs getbalance and a new splash screen (gold logo with new slogan "Earn. Store. Multiply").

Very nice !

Have you thought about expanding the dev team a bit ? AFAIK merc was really the only dev so progress was slow becaues one guy can only work so much but.

mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1036
Merit: 370

Como es dios es amor

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:46:14 PM

I think that personal blog from Mercury should be removed from the website ASAP.

A blog with "lack of support" in its title will leave a bad impression with both potential and current users in CGB!
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

Great news guys! We have a new lead dev, at least for the interim! I will announce soon. We will be releasing new clients as soon as possible which will include new checkpoints, a bug fix with listaccounts vs getbalance and a new splash screen (gold logo with new slogan "Earn. Store. Multiply").

Any fundamental changes to the coin now that the developer is gone (volume, deflation etc.)?

elambert (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:49:40 PM

Any fundamental changes to the coin now that the developer is gone (volume, deflation etc.)?

No fundamental changes, just an overdue fix and refreshing of the splash.
bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:01:30 PM

That is great news!!! Good job!

When I read the news this morning I first wasn't sure what to think, what to do or whom to trust. But after the first shock and thinking about the whole situation, as well as reading your post I am more then ever confident in you and CGB! After all I think this incident will just make CGB and most of all the Community backing it stronger and laid the foundation for new healthy start!
With that sad, I would like to take the opportunity to say, that  I am here ready to jump in with what ever I may be able to help.
Just let me know and I will do my best to do it!
Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:15:40 PM

That truly is great news! While I was somewhat in shock the last few hours with the sudden price crash and the news of merc leaving (I only then read the blog entry), I am now positive that this will all turn out fine.
As Elambert said himself, I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. We all are just humans beings in the end who make mistakes. It is easy for relationships to suffer and break without personal face-to-face conversations, especially when tested by tensions and stress caused by development and such.

Even though I do not agree with the way Merc handled things in the end, I am sad to see him go and hold no grudges. It surely was an emotional act and he probably hurt himself as much as he did CGB and the community. I wish him well on his further journey and with MADEsparq development.

While many of us had high hopes and expectations of what MADEsparq would bring, and these hopes are now shattered, we must not forget that CGB by itself is a solid and mature coin that can very well stand on its own. Where one chapter ends, another begins. This is not the end my friends, it is only an unexpected turn of events. Yes a coin needs a solid dev to take care of it and keep it up-to-date. Yes I am very grateful that Elambert is there as founder, and is taking care of things as best he can. The speed with which he is already announcing a new dev is honestly right near dumbfounding. But in the end we must not forget that this is a community project. As long as we as a community stand behind CGB, believe in it, and do what we can to help, CGB is not going anywhere.

What does not kill us makes us stronger, and CGB is by no means dead! I am very exited to see what the future will bring. Hang on and enjoy the ride!
cryptonewbie

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:27:15 PM

Is Freetrade the new developer lol?

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:28:15 PM

That truly is great news! While I was somewhat in shock the last few hours with the sudden price crash and the news of merc leaving (I only then read the blog entry), I am now positive that this will all turn out fine.
As Elambert said himself, I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. We all are just humans beings in the end who make mistakes. It is easy for relationships to suffer and break without personal face-to-face conversations, especially when tested by tensions and stress caused by development and such.

Even though I do not agree with the way Merc handled things in the end, I am sad to see him go and hold no grudges. It surely was an emotional act and he probably hurt himself as much as he did CGB and the community. I wish him well on his further journey and with MADEsparq development.

While many of us had high hopes and expectations of what MADEsparq would bring, and these hopes are now shattered, we must not forget that CGB by itself is a solid and mature coin that can very well stand on its own. Where one chapter ends, another begins. This is not the end my friends, it is only an unexpected turn of events. Yes a coin needs a solid dev to take care of it and keep it up-to-date. Yes I am very grateful that Elambert is there as founder, and is taking care of things as best he can. The speed with which he is already announcing a new dev is honestly right near dumbfounding. But in the end we must not forget that this is a community project. As long as we as a community stand behind CGB, believe in it, and do what we can to help, CGB is not going anywhere.

What does not kill us makes us stronger, and CGB is by no means dead! I am very exited to see what the future will bring. Hang on and enjoy the ride!

Ethapus, please reach out to me at cryptogenicbullion@gmail.com. With some new found decision making freedom I am ready to take some steps that I have long been pushing for. One is growing the development team. I have 3 official members that I am looking to announce in short order and want to gauge your interest as well as that of x0rcist and Killiz (you guys please reach out as well). We have a lot of work to do and need a solid team to work together. Thank you for your support!

Also, would everyone please remove the .org website domain from signatures, reddit, etc? We will be building a new website with a new address as soon as possible. In the interim, Reddit is our home.
elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:29:21 PM

Is Freetrade the new developer lol?

No he is not, but I will be reaching out to him regarding collaboration Smiley
He is a very talented dev with an innovative approach and ideas.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 05:52:47 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 12:23:19 PM by Majormax

When I read the news this morning I first wasn't sure what to think, what to do or whom to trust. But after the first shock and thinking about the whole situation, as well as reading your post I am more then ever confident in you and CGB! After all I think this incident will just make CGB and most of all the Community backing it stronger and laid the foundation for new healthy start!
With that sad, I would like to take the opportunity to say, that  I am here ready to jump in with what ever I may be able to help.

Those who have read this thread from the beginning may know that I had concerns about Merc being key man. Not because of his abilities: I believe he was extraordinarily capable, but because of the load placed on one brilliant dev..

I have been involved with 30 different Cryptos over the last year, and see many recurring themes : reasons why an otherwise great coin does not prosper.  Be under no illusion, a coin cannot survive without an excellent dev team to share the load, not just of coding, but of the psychological pressures from 'supporters' which can become intolerable.

Let's now work on creating the right conditions for success.

cryptonewbie

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:58:19 PM

Those who have read this thread from the beginning may know that I had concerns about Merc being key man. Not because of his abilities: I believe he was extraordinarilty capable, but because of the load placed on one brilliant dev..

I have been involved with 30 different Cryptos over the last year, and see many recurring themes : reasons why an otherwise great coin does not prosper.  Be under no illusion, a coin cannot survive without an excellent dev team to share the load, not just of coding, but of the psychological pressures from 'supporters' which can become intolerable.

Let's now work on creating the right conditions for success.

You have been involved in 30 different cryptos, so what is it about CGB that stands out to you? 

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:19:43 PM

It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the new lead developer of Cryptogenic Bullion, Artiface! Artiface has been active for some time in the CGB community and brings with him an impressive resume as a software engineer. Additional to his undertakings outside of the crypto world, he is the creator of the CGB tipbot currently deployed on Reddit.

This appointment is by no means a step down from the previous developer. Certainly there are some large shoes to fill but I am confident that Artiface is the right individual for this job. Please join me in welcoming Artiface and showing him some love and support! His first order of business is to update checkpoints, handle a long overdue fix between the getbalance and listaccounts showing a discrepancy and to update the splash screen logo with our new Gold theme and new slogan "Earn. Store. Multiply.".

I have another development team addition announcement to make soon and also have extended offers to some of the core community members to also join the team in an official capacity.

Please keep in mind that this is still a community project and the development team works on a volunteer basis for the community and also to add value to their personal stake. If you want to get involved, this is a great time to acquire stake at a discount and join in to help launch Cryptogenic Bullion to the next level!
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:31:32 PM

It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the new lead developer of Cryptogenic Bullion, Artiface! Artiface has been active for some time in the CGB community and brings with him an impressive resume as a software engineer. Additional to his undertakings outside of the crypto world, he is the creator of the CGB tipbot currently deployed on Reddit.

This appointment is by no means a step down from the previous developer. Certainly there are some large shoes to fill but I am confident that Artiface is the right individual for this job. Please join me in welcoming Artiface and showing him some love and support! His first order of business is to update checkpoints, handle a long overdue fix between the getbalance and listaccounts showing a discrepancy and to update the splash screen logo with our new Gold theme and new slogan "Earn. Store. Multiply.".

I have another development team addition announcement to make soon and also have extended offers to some of the core community members to also join the team in an official capacity.

Please keep in mind that this is still a community project and the development team works on a volunteer basis for the community and also to add value to their personal stake. If you want to get involved, this is a great time to acquire stake at a discount and join in to help launch Cryptogenic Bullion to the next level!

thanks for reacting fast and professional. I have faith this will recover soon.
x0rcist

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:42:10 PM

Added on the reddit page!
x0rcist

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

thanks for reacting fast and professional. I have faith this will recover soon.

This is good news!! Maybe it is a wise thing to use some code from the latest novacoin/hobonickels source as i read/saw something about automatic checkpoints and multi wallet support. Novacoin is the big brother and hobonickels is a forked sister so they should go well together for adding new/fixed things to the CGB wallet.
artiface

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:52:31 PM

Thanks elambert!

This is a great coin and a great community and I am honored to be added to the development team.  Just so everyone knows a bit of my background I am a professional software engineer, with 10+ years industry experience and 20+ years of programming experience.  I currently have a role as lead developer of a multi-million dollar industrial product line.  I have also made fixes and contributions to several other coin projects.  I am confident that I have the experience and ability to take on this role.  

I am working right now to get the development environment ready.  I hope to have a new client version available within the week.  

Thanks to this great community, I have high hopes for the future of CGB!

elambert (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:57:00 PM

Great to have you on the team! Welcome my friend!!!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:58:19 PM

Thanks elambert!

This is a great coin and a great community and I am honored to be added to the development team.  Just so everyone knows a bit of my background I am a professional software engineer, with 10+ years industry experience and 20+ years of programming experience.  I currently have a role as lead developer of a multi-million dollar industrial product line.  I have also made fixes and contributions to several other coin projects.  I am confident that I have the experience and ability to take on this role.  

I am working right now to get the development environment ready.  I hope to have a new client version available within the week.  

Good luck and thanks for your hard work already Smiley

Ethapus

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

Thanks elambert!

Very glad to have you aboard, artiface! Now let's get this party started!  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 171 »
  Print  

Jump to: