Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:47:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

Bitcoin is batter than gold because Bitcoin does not have impurity and Bitcoin is the best investment mean in the world. Bitcoin become the most powerful asset in the world.
Keptone

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:52:15 PM

Yes, I would agree bitcoin is just another big thing, that would be more than Gold in few years
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 01:52:30 PM

Well you can say that the internet gold is btc or the virtual, gold is btc though btc is not virtual anymore. We all knw that it got acceptance on the real world.
dasdo

Activity: 216

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:12:30 PM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
I think that soon other faster, cheaper and more promising crypto currencies can replace bitcoins due to their transaction speed and low commission prices. Cool
I also think that soon other faster, cheaper and more promising crypto-currencies can replace bitcoins due to their speed on transactions and low prices for commissions. Such crypto-currencies as Bitchares and others Roll Eyes
FundFantasy

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:16:45 PM

Hard to speculate about future. We all can see that bitcoin right now is not exactly the best payment option or a currency.
BTC is better suited to be an safe haven asset, capital investment and long term option for hoarders.
Bitcoin is not doomed yet (Japan adoption!), there is still time to fix scaling problem and reach total dominance over altcoins.
But if the scaling war will continue for extended period of time, it is possible that ETH, LTC or DASH will take over BTC dominance.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:23:23 PM

I hope comparison between bitcoin and gold stops because bitcoin is not gold. The price keeps on fluctuating and continues to move forward unlike gold that changes its price slowly and acts as a long term investment.

mafia15

Activity: 245

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:26:26 PM

We cannot say that but what IF bitcoin will crash to cents..
Its a risky thing but I love bitcoin ..
jakaria005

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:31:30 PM

gold is precious. there is no doubt about that. but bitcoin is more precious. but people all over the world don't know about bitcoin. actually bitcoin is like a new baby for the world. bitcoin would be more valuable by the time goes on. 
morkriger

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:58:38 PM

Talking about economic functionality, I think so because BTC will reach a point where its transaction fees according with its value as such be really expensive and works more as an active to storage big ammounts of money.

By other hand, I think BTC has a great weak point, absolutely dependency on Internet and Electricity. The gold does not depend on nothing, gold is an element very functional and can be used by many ways.
heppot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:20:39 PM

But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

What do you think ?
why do we still think that this bitcoin is equal to gold.
high prices can already be juxtaposed with diamond prices, even more expensive.
we will be more surprised if bitcoin always make new high every time period.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:26:27 PM

I agree with your opinion, if btc is called a new gold, precisely digital gold, even gold price is not comparable with bitcoin price right now, but behind there is one risk which is quite high say that price correction very often happened and tend extreme not to mention hardfork and halving day
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:33:28 PM

yes bitcoin is gold from the digital world. as you say and I fully agree. this is the surplus of bitcoin and becomes very big nowadays as we see it now. I think there will be many innovations that will involve bitcoin and crypto in the future.
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 03:42:40 PM

Before notes and coins we used gold and silver (ok so we did use coins but gold silver and bronze ones not like today we use fake gold and silver coins) So bitcoin is our era's version of gold. It of coarse is not gold but it has the exact same reason for existing as a trading "token". It just makes sense to have virtual money in a virtual world. We also at one time used salt's and spices as trading tokens too. Then way before that we used cows and sheep and stuff. So in those days cows and sheep were the bitcoin xD because that was the best technology they had. Super fast cow to sheep transfers!! Low tx fees!! Only one cup of water lol Can you imagine?

stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:23:27 AM

Yes Bitcoin is the new gold. Its the most highly valuable asset that has turned into the most precious gold because of its price increasement day by day going so high that its becoming gold and asset for long term holders.
Bitcoin is more than gold it’s better to call it the more precious than diamond as previously gold was used to earn and then the revolution take place and bitcoin come into the game it defeated gold and all the investments that are bring money to user court, and now people are forgetting about gold all they want to do is to earn in bitcoin and spend that in bitcoin mode and everything is given here under single flag of bitcoin.
Xervo

Activity: 170

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:27:33 PM

What do you think ?
I also think that soon other faster, cheaper and more promising crypto-currencies can replace bitcoins due to their speed on transactions and low prices for commissions. Such crypto-currencies as Bitchares and others. But replacing bitcoin is not so easy. This is already an established currency in its place.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:31:58 PM

As at this period of bitcoin early acceptance we may likely to witness the various challenges we are facing presently but I believed with time this all will face away. E g delayed confirmation of transactions and the inability of bitcoin to accept other new features.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:57:43 PM

Bitcoin now always pumping up by the crypto market cap because of the high demand and low supply many people now believed in bitcoin that it is more profitable when they invested like a gold. But the big different is we could not compared the gold into bitcoin. Gold is an old currency sinced january 24, 1848 in California. And bitcoin this early year was dicovered in 2009. We could not speculated what will happen this to the cryptocurrency but the gold will remain as a metal currency.

Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 03:05:34 PM

I agree that bitcoin and gold should not be bothered, because they are just different things...but one can say that bitcoin is gaining the same popularity as gold and claims to be as stable
ranggawulung

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 04:39:28 PM

What do you think ?
I also think that soon other faster, cheaper and more promising crypto-currencies can replace bitcoins due to their speed on transactions and low prices for commissions. Such crypto-currencies as Bitchares and others. But replacing bitcoin is not so easy. This is already an established currency in its place. Roll Eyes
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:35:32 PM

Yes a new version of gold in field of electronic banking. Since bitcoin is the most successful companies in the whole world.
They can acknowledge them at the new version of gold in this industry symbolize excellence and number one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: