Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:22:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
KayceeMae

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:46:21 PM

Many more people own some gold (bullion, not jewlery) compared to those who own some btc. Ratio may even be 100:1.
freakingcat

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:47:04 PM

gold  is real, btc is not, so how can it be?

Hateculd75

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:21:55 PM

bitcoin being use as investment more than gold because price rising fast in short time.
you can buy 1000 bitcoin in 2010 less than 1000$ and can sell it with 15,000,000 today
Djbeats

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:52:05 AM

BTC is the new gold because BTC is the most highest value than gold..
veemon34

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:11:43 AM

i don't think so. some gold has a high price. we can make jewelry from gold also that can make us look more elegant. But Bitcoin is a virtual coin that has a high price and Bitcoin has no physical form, nor can we use bitcoin to beautify ourselves. Essentially they have advantages and disadvantages of each other. (That's my opinion  Undecided Huh)
sirkings0003

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:13:28 AM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
I think that is the closes thing you can liken BITCOIN to compared with other things. The have some similarities in terms of value storage but bitcoin is more liquid. In addition to the reasons you listed why bitcoin has not officially been accepted as official digital currency, the anonymous nature of the address is one too.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:33:39 PM

i don't think so. some gold has a high price. we can make jewelry from gold also that can make us look more elegant. But Bitcoin is a virtual coin that has a high price and Bitcoin has no physical form, nor can we use bitcoin to beautify ourselves. Essentially they have advantages and disadvantages of each other. (That's my opinion  Undecided Huh)

I think what OP was trying to say is that bitcoin is like the new gold in terms of its value and investment not obviously on wearing it because bitcoin is a virtual currency and therefore we can't touch it.

But both bitcoin and gold are good investment vehicles though.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:06:10 PM

Per ounce, bitcoin is higher than gold but per volume/weight/kilo gold is still higher than bitcoin. Bitcoin is the new gold for us who can't avail to buy a whole gold bar or 1 kilo of gold. It's intangible and others are skeptic about bitcoin / virtual currencies because they can't touch or see it's physical form. But we know the value of bitcoin and it's very important to everyone who are holding it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
nghiahieple

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:19:29 AM

Yes, it is the new kind of “Gold” in human’s future.
If gold is a valuable tangible assets, Bitcoin will represent as the intangible.
Bitcoin is supposed to be held in the long time when you luckily found it or got it, even bought it.
Its value will increase day after day, of course there will be some fluctuation, but in the long run, let’s wait and see
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:32:03 AM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

I don't think that it is. Bitcoins price is completely changing rapidly in price as time passes by. Golds price does not depreciate quickly it only increases in price each year and move to its prior goal.
DarLim11

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:32:36 AM

If you consider bitcoins value unexpectedly go up it is really a gold. Lot of people got surprised by the way bitcoins value rised.

And now because bitcoins can be hard to mine its scarcity can be compared to the situation the gold is in. We want morr of it but the supply is not enough making its value to go even higher.

For me bitcoin is really like a gold.BTCBTC
MNtrio

Activity: 248

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:42:31 AM

Yeah you're right.It is new gold because of it's higher value that can be more than gold.We can call it new gold because as we noticed Bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency which dominate other coins.Everybody right now are full of motivation and hardwork to earn bitcoin because of what btc can do to make as millionnaire.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:44:30 AM

I think it is, As of now im just some searching about this bitcoin and what the people say about bitcoin, Some of them are said bitcoin will be have a big value than gold. Because bitcoin for it's always increasing the value and it is a first time that i see bitcoin was reach in $17000 it's a big value of bitcoin and bitcoin for now are now popular to the people in around the world.
Generalbablita

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:47:12 AM

That's the reason why there's CRYPTO RUSH right now.
batman12345

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:12:41 PM

Many people in the world used bitcoin because bitcoin is the new gold in internet world

because public trust is very high with bitcoin, then they consider bitcoin as gold and investment..
AldenGreen

Activity: 60

{Capricorn}

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:19:41 PM

A new gold maybe it is not the first time the Gold being the first prize is evicted and become 2nd to silver because of lack of gold supply we have historically, the question is is bitcoin supply will meet the combined gold reserve of all nation? In terms value over appearance gold still the best and can meet the demad more than bitcoin
sumonrud

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:18:55 PM

I Think that, bitcoin is more valuable than gold. if anyone say to choose bitcoin or gold I prefer to buy bitcoin. but I think it would be profit if you invest your money to buy bitcoin, compared to buying gold would be faster buy bitcoin for value to the profit. now a day Bitcoin is more popular and valuable  than Gold.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:22:19 PM

BTC is the new gold if you can find a way for BTC to remove oxidation from printed circuit boards.

Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

Per ounce, bitcoin is higher than gold but per volume/weight/kilo gold is still higher than bitcoin. Bitcoin is the new gold for us who can't avail to buy a whole gold bar or 1 kilo of gold. It's intangible and others are skeptic about bitcoin / virtual currencies because they can't touch or see it's physical form. But we know the value of bitcoin and it's very important to everyone who are holding it.
how do u compare things valued in weight to crypto
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:14:34 PM

Btc  is way better then gold
I don't remember seeing 1 ounce of gold equal to 8000k
Bye is gonna change the world currency
But if something happens to Bitcoin, gold will remain and will not go anywhere. So the question is, what is more important is rather controversial.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: