Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:39:32 PM

Have you figured out how to do this with bitcoin yet?

How about this:

Or this:

garybyerz

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:06:53 PM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

Gold is shinny, But bitcoin is not shiny and attractive just like Gold and in fact it is intangible, Bitcoin can't be seen physically moreover it has a price of $8,472 as of November 25, nothing is perfect in the world.

kevinfox18

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:20:12 PM

But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

What do you think ?

Gold is shinny, But bitcoin is not shiny and attractive just like Gold and in fact it is intangible, Bitcoin can't be seen physically moreover it has a price of $8,472 as of November 25, nothing is perfect in the world.
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:28:04 PM

For sure! In fact i think Btc is better than gold now. I’d definitely rather to collect bitcoin than gold. Probably it’d be a wiser choice Smiley

Ais08

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:34:39 PM

Of the many people who equate bitcoin with gold, where these two sides are very valuable, but assume that gold is the right fit for the long term, and when the bitcoin comes gold may be very much different in comparison with bitcoin, everyone know that bitcoin is so much better than gold, and bitcoin is very valuable for now and forever !!
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:44:56 PM

For sure! In fact i think Btc is better than gold now. I’d definitely rather to collect bitcoin than gold. Probably it’d be a wiser choice Smiley
Yes i agree on that bitcoin is really better than gold in terms of gaining process because the bitcoin is really a good source of an extra income because it has  a unstable price which is really good for trading and investing  process and it has really a good feedback from all investors.While in gold we cannot really gain a big amount because we need to have a big capital because its price is always on a high status ad we cant really afford on it.
farhaan

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:48:37 PM

Definitely bitcoin  has taken the place of gold now. More investors who bought gold previously now have started to buy bitcoins instead. Bitcoin is the digital gold.

▄▄ ▀█▄▀█▄ ▄ ▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀  ███▀██▄▄▀
█████▀▀█ ██  ███ ██████▄▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄█ ██▌  ███▄▀██████▄▀
█████▀ ▀▄ ██▄  ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀
 ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▀▄ ▀██▄  ▀▀████████▐▌█
  ██████  ▀▄ ▀██▄▄   ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▌█▀
   ▀██▀  ▄▄▀▀▄ ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ █▀▄
       ▄███▀  ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▀ ▀▄
       ▀██▀  ▄███  ▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▄ █▄
            ▄███  ▐██▌ ██▌ █▄ ▀
              ▀   ███  ███  ▀
ONSTELLAR   ▄████▄▄
  █████  █▄
 ▐██████████▄▄
 ▐███████████▀█▄
 ██████▀▀▀▀████▀
 █████           ▄▄▄▄                        ▄▄▄
▐█████▌       ▄▄███████        ▄▄████▄      ▀▀███
███████      ███████████      ████████▌       ███
███████▌    ███████▀▀▀███    ▐████   ▀▀
████████   ▐██████▌    ▀▀     ▀▀▀
█████████  ███████
▐█████████   ▀▀▀▀
  ▀██████▀
FROM THE PARANORMAL TO THE METAPHYSICAL
THE WORLD'S FIRST SOCIAL NETWORK
WHERE THE UNEXPLAINED LIVES...

▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████▄
█████████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▀█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████ ████████████████
▀██████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄██████████████▀
▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
TELEGRAM
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:58:23 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 12:12:37 AM by MMA

They both profitable but do not compare btc and gold. Bitcoin is much profitable than gold by now because the demand is high and we all know bitcoin has a limited supply. Gold used by our ancestor as a 1st currency in terms of trading and if you planning to invest for long term gold is good after 5 to 10 years of investment you can get a high profit and gold has unlimited supply so there always a demand for gold. But for now bitcoin is much better than gold.
Yes that is right bitcoin should not be consider as gold, it is an online currency and i think in current time providing more opportunity to people to make money as compare to gold. In current time gold has a very stable value and we can see a very slight change in its price even after a long long time, while there is always a big fluctuation in the price of bitcoin and one can really get a good profit even in short period of time.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 3011

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:06:56 AM

Bitcoin is not the new gold, this nonsense is tiring. One is a precious metal that has been used as a means of payment between man since the dawn of time. The other is a non-tangible digital asset with no real world “physical” uses. That being said owning both is the right move (depending on ones current portfolio).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
abhishek_bittu

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:07:03 PM

Gold exhibits two different use cases built upon its intrinsic value and scarcity. Gold is used for ornamentation due to the inherent properties it provides such as malleability and shine. Gold is also used as a store of value to hold wealth because of the scarcity.

While #bitcoin does not offer ornamental advantage, it has it’s own inherent advantages such as payment processing or data redundancy along with smart contracts. Additionally, #bitcoin is also designed to be scarce in nature allowing it to be a good alternative asset class to hold your wealth. For sure, #bitcoin is a competitive asset for ‘store of value’ currently to gold and it may optimistically surpass the volumes of investments in gold reserves in the near future.
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:15:32 PM

In my opinion, BTC is higher than gold. The problem is that the BTC goes up and low. While the gold only goes up but it takes years before it's price increases unlike Bitcoins..
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:14:09 PM

Why does everyone always want to compare bitcoin to something they already know. Is it that hard to wrap your head around something completely different?

My car is better than my daughter.

Sometimes my daughter refuses to eat. My car never refuses to eat gas.

My daughter sometimes won’t do what I ask her to do. My car never refuses my control and takes me everywhere I want to go.

My daughter and my car sometimes get sick. My car always lets the doctor do what he needs to do to make it well. My daughter screams and refuses to take a shot even though it will make her better.

My daughter is smart but my car has a gps that tells me where I am on the planet.

I guess I should keep my car and get rid of my daughter.

Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:21:17 PM

How about this:

Or this:

What is your point here? Bitcoin is having a different purpose when compared to that of gold. But that doesn't mean that there are no similarities between the two assets. Just like gold, Bitcoins can also be used to protect the value of your savings.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:25:31 PM

What do you think ?
Gold is more widely used so it has the higher benefit of laymen investing into it. Btc is great fpr holding and to earn profits but the kowledge about it is quite scarce. It is easily one of the best investments to invest into to earn money through trading and invtg activitires.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:30:58 PM

How about this:

Or this:

What is your point here? Bitcoin is having a different purpose when compared to that of gold. But that doesn't mean that there are no similarities between the two assets. Just like gold, Bitcoins can also be used to protect the value of your savings.

My point is the post above yours. You don’t need to compare bitcoin to gold, silver, debit cards, MasterCard, welfare cards, my daughter, my car or anything. I’m sure I can find similarities between bitcoin and all of them but they are fundamentally different.

Bitcoin can be sent around the world in minutes. Gold can’t.
Bitcoin, if used correctly, can eliminate the need for a broker or bank to help you. Gold can’t.
I can carry a million dollars worth of bitcoin in a number written on the underside of my dick. Try carrying a million dollars worth of gold with your dick.

Gold can be used to make jewelry, aerospace parts and computer electronics. Bitcoin can’t.

lunaalthea

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:33:55 PM

I get your point. Bitcoin is supposed to be a cryptocurrency, a digital money that can be used as an exchange for goods or even services, and to increase convenience and innovative. However it was not designed as it is supposed to be and now everyone is treating it like a gold. It drastically goes high in value.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:35:23 PM

I get your point. Bitcoin is supposed to be a cryptocurrency, a digital money that can be used as an exchange for goods or even services, and to increase convenience and innovative. However it was not designed as it is supposed to be and now everyone is treating it like a gold. It drastically goes high in value.

That’s close to what I mean, yeah.

najmul33

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:39:36 PM

gold and bitcoin is a big difference. Gold it's most Trusted in the world. And the price of gold is more stable. But I  wish someday Bitcoin is more popular and valuable than Gold.
Shamefulpilchard

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:44:12 PM

gold and bitcoin is a big difference. Gold it's most Trusted in the world. And the price of gold is more stable. But I  wish someday Bitcoin is more popular and valuable than Gold.

True.. Both of them are valued differently, but at the same time, they are valued by what the consensus believe in.
Neglected Person

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:54:44 PM

Bitcoin is a new gold, but the difference between bitcoin and gold is that, I think bitcoin is better than gold. In these few years, bitcoin has increased several times since the gold. Bitcoin will also increase in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: