Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
Hillthy

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:33:33 AM

Oh yeah, that's the right remark. Bitcoin fever will soon begin.
This assumption is interesting, however, I think the bitcoin value is infinite, because bitcoin is formed from technology, the bitcoin value expressed in usefulness and utility. Let's imagine that if bitcoin is popular and is widely used in projects, elections, corporate philanthropic campaigns ... The effect that it brings is amazing. It would not be fair to compare bitcoin like "new gold"
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

Bitcoins and gold has some thing in common and it is ok to name bitcoin as the new gold. Both are asset that can check against inflation of your fiat currency. The only difference is that bitcoin is online gold.

Nauticus Supervisor

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 09:44:11 AM

Bitcoin is bitcoin and gold is gold. One is intangible and the other is certainly tangible.
Nauticus Blockchain Market Analyst
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:15:18 AM

Bitcoins and gold has some thing in common and it is ok to name bitcoin as the new gold. Both are asset that can check against inflation of your fiat currency. The only difference is that bitcoin is online gold.
Bitcoin is like the gold because of the fixed amount of supply that the people can get some bitcoin and just hold it and expect the same thing that happened in gold that its price is just continue on going up but even though it is on a slow process, it is still alright because the progress is consistent and the price is just keep going up and expect the same thing in bitcoin in the next few years.
Breackup

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:54:57 AM

Yes,i think bitcoin is the new gold .Because both gold and bitcoin are very valuable .Gold is used as ornaments but bitcoin is the currency which is invested .Apart from this ,gold is very old and trustworthy .But bitcoin is like a newborn .Both gold and bitcoin are beneficial for humans separately.

Safein.com                    
M A K E   I T   S I M P L E

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:04:59 AM

Now bitcoin actually worth as gold but some could de-crypt or break the transaction mechanism ,then bitcoin is use less. very limit supply make extremely valuable . Bitcoin is easy to store and if have private key then you can guarantee 99% security for your bitcoin. 

cerebro415

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:11:27 AM

There are a lot of reasons why many view gold as something which is better than BTC, one of which is a retrospective-sentiment attached to gold itself. It had been used and already had value during the age of pirates and an earlier age to that, thus it already has a long history in the human civilization, wherein the population already has a general consensus that is has value.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:14:18 AM

Bitcoin is like the gold because of the fixed amount of supply that the people can get some bitcoin and just hold it and expect the same thing that happened in gold that its price is just continue on going up but even though it is on a slow process, it is still alright because the progress is consistent and the price is just keep going up and expect the same thing in bitcoin in the next few years.
Yes bitcoin is like a gold or should we say much more than a gold. Now bitcoin is actually worth as a gold or much as a gold because it increases its price day by day while gold stays on its normal price. Bitcoin is similar to gold because it can help people also to suport everybody needs but different in increasing the price but it is equal on what people think to the both of this.
Dico88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:17:54 AM

To me, it's in a few words that we can say that bitcoin as another gold but more valuable than gold because it improves the life of a very admirable individual from bitcoin side, so maybe we should consider that bitcoin as a precious stone and platinum like contrast. Cool
yokai21

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:47:46 AM

for me it's worth mentioning that btc is new gold because the price increase of btc is higher than gold, the gold is due to the year you wait before the price rises or falls so your revenue is slower here but bitcoin everyday changes its price significantly from your gold sales and it's better to sell btc for bigger profits.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:07:53 PM

In my opinion btc is new gold.Bitcoin transcation so fast there is no need long time for btc transcation.BitcoinIts the most highly valuable asset that has turned into the most precious gold because of its price increasement day by day going so high that its becoming gold and asset for long term holders.
trananh1996

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

BTC is not a new gold. I think BTC is more like stocks than gold. Prices up and down are like looking at the stock market.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:35:40 PM

I think that bitcoin is not new gold, more exactly bitcoin is a new type of investment that can give bigger profit than gold. bitcoin and gold are different because the bitcoin is intangible and gold is a kind of precious metal

in terms of bitcoin being intangible and gold as tangible is kinda obvious - what I think should we compare them with is their value. During the old good days of gold rush, the scenario seems the same, many people flock to mine and accumulate bitcoins just like before where people were also mining and trying to get golds as much as they could.
Nightmare0619

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:46:59 PM

Gold and Bitcoin is totally different from each other... Bitcoin is a digital currency while Gold will remain as it is... Though, they both have a very attractive value nowadays.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:54:50 PM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

Maybe. But compared to gold, supplies of bitcoins are way smaller compared to gold. Gold also has more uses other than giving value to money or being gold reserves for banks and countries. We can also use gold as a means to power our electronics. But I guess we could say bitcoins are the new virtual gold.

luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:00:27 PM

I think that bitcoin is not new gold, more exactly bitcoin is a new type of investment that can give bigger profit than gold. bitcoin and gold are different because the bitcoin is intangible and gold is a kind of precious metal

in terms of bitcoin being intangible and gold as tangible is kinda obvious - what I think should we compare them with is their value. During the old good days of gold rush, the scenario seems the same, many people flock to mine and accumulate bitcoins just like before where people were also mining and trying to get golds as much as they could.

That a great compare - at first everyone is willing to gain more than others. But with Gold you'll never know how much there are out there ( because who found do not tell you) - with BYC will know since the beginning how much will be in circulation.

And beside gold, Bitcoin can really solve an issue here: getting rid of the banks that have been collapsing the entire economy.
Maybe Gold was used in a such way thousands of years ago when there was no other way to exchange goods. But now we live in a digitale and intere era with still a currency printed!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
Cita1

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 12:05:48 PM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
I could say that bitcoin is the new gold. Gold will have no value if we all agree that it does not have a value. It is only valuable because we all agree that it is valuable. Like for bitcoin, we all agree that the scarcity of bitcoin would be the main attribute why it is expensive.
Df9898

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:37:35 AM

I think not because the btc was already parnah there's just not as high value right now and I think btc's gold is old because the bitcoin has been created long enough and I think it's old gold but its value is rising dramatically and popular nowadays and bitcoin although it's been a while but its worth for now it is very high.
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:27:37 PM

I think bitcoin is better than gold because gold is long lasting and is expensive for a long time but bitcoin is faster than its price so bitcoin is better than gold.
Vin183~

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:40:22 PM

Yes but btc is more better than gold cause btc price is higher than gold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: