Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:52:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:23:41 AM

Btc resembles the characteristics of gold, only its existence is only in cyberspace, but.. as time goes by, it looks bitcoin outperforms than gold and it is more directed to the advantageous side for everyone, until more widely recognizable among many people over all its advantages that can be said to exceed gold.
I think for now & so on it's more suitable said as a new currency, not a new gold.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:33:16 AM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
I guess, yes. The BTC is now the new gold and in fact better than gold or any other investment that people used to do. The valuation inflation of BTC has left all other kind of investments. Like in gold, people used to buy it and hold it till its valuation inflates but in case of BTC the valuation inflates at very high rate, so BTC is not new gold, it's better than all other investments.
doaremon

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:41:37 AM

I think so. Bitcoin is the best crypto currency which is also a new version of mining. Many of us gamble with Bitcoin. That is, when the price is low then we buy Bitcoin and then when the price became high then we sell them. As a result, we got a  profit. Sometimes its high and sometimes it's low. It's a kind of mining. Gold is like that mining. But when we use to sell them it becomes difficult for us to transport. On the other hand, Bitcoin can easily be sold and also can easily be transferred. To me it's more preferable to use Bitcoin instead of gold.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:43:58 AM

bitcoin is very good as an investment tool, and bitcoin is not inferior to bitcoin. but for now the price is down, and it could be a good opportunity to buy it. well, if i have a lot of money, maybe i will buy it.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Sky5678

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:53:28 AM

Anyone can invest in Bitcoin. Your friend. Your enemy. Your whatever. However, you must advice them to learn about the basics of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency first. Investing in Bitcoin without having a basic knowledge of Bitcoin or not knowing what you're doing is a recipe for failure. You don't just follow the band because everyone is in the band. Invest in bitcoin only after study and research.
amaydel

Activity: 448

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:57:09 AM

It could be the new found gold in terms of its value which truly exceeds gold's value. But as to risk, bitcoin is a risk asset where its market price will fall down hard unexpectedly. Bitcoin is not for everyone because only those risk takers have the heart to invest on it.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:29:02 AM

Bitcoin is much different from gold as it has wast use and gold is only assets and Gold price moves slowly but Bitcoin is more popular and its worth and popularity is increasing every day.

MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:34:04 PM

Anyone can invest in Bitcoin. Your friend. Your enemy. Your whatever. However, you must advice them to learn about the basics of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency first. Investing in Bitcoin without having a basic knowledge of Bitcoin or not knowing what you're doing is a recipe for failure. You don't just follow the band because everyone is in the band. Invest in bitcoin only after study and research.
I do not think that there is any rocket science in bitcoin investment, a person can learn about it in few hours, but becoming a good trader specially for becoming a day trader he need to get some experience first, because trading require some good experience and trading skill, without good trading skill and experience trading can be consider as more risky.
jerry29@

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:37:53 PM

It is more than gold if it all happen as you mention in the post.it is that we cannot touch in our entire life but retaining thse gives us a sigh of relief.
The gold we cannot show anyone for being lost.
kripkiki12

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:44:10 PM

I believe Bitcoin will be the new gold.
baldur odinson

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:04:44 PM

Bitcoin is a digital money but same time it is defined as an asset because it is limited and very valuable. I think, in this sense it is possible for me to define Bitcoin as the new gold.
rampage101

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:49:05 PM

I'm not sure we can compare bitcoin and gold and call cryptocurrency new gold. Rather, it is a new type of investment. But he can't replace the gold.

Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:03:25 PM

Yet bitcoin and gold are different concepts, although I prefer investing in cryptocurrency, not precious metals.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
valterkjellberg

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:37:15 AM

But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

What do you think ?

These are two completely different concepts, but bitcoin is being accepted by major corporations for the following purposes.
Tùy chọn nhỏ của doanh nghiệp này đã có với bitcoin nó đã nhận?

1) Hodl 2) Reinvest into business

If a small business that sells baked goods wants to reinvest the money it made from selling donuts to buy more dough to sell more donuts, IT NEEDS A WAY TO PURCHASE THE DOUGH!

You are not going to buy the same amount of flour and baking supplies in bitcoin (okay maybe somewhere in this planet exists somewhere that would take bitcoin for this, but just an example). Same thing applies to any business, and car shop will not get replacement parts in bitcoin, and grocery store can not buy produce from farms in bitcoin;

Small businesses MUST have a way to reinvest bitcoin sales into their business, or bitcoin is going to have a big problem ever expanding (unless we see the super giants mass adopt it, is that what we are hoping for?)

So there's 2 potential outcomes:

Option 1) Auto part dealers, farmers, shipping, logistics companies, etc, the backbone of what runs business and the world, start adopting bitcoin as a payment method and it is then possible for small business that rely on these big players to pay them directly in bitcoin (without converting the bitcoin it received into USD), it has come full circle and we live in a perfect world.

Option 2) We do not see a mass adoption of bitcoin in large companies that power small business. A small auto shop accepts a bitcoin and gets a big sale (lets say in the thousands), the auto parts business that it itself relies on only takes us dollars, the small auto shop must wait for the bitcoin to be converted into USD that the auto parts business will accept as payment before it can make a purchase, the end client who paid for the work in bitcoin needs to wait for the shop to convert his bitcoin to purchase the part to the service. Không có thể nếu không thể tự động tự động.
Palider

Activity: 1273
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:11:49 AM

What do you think ?

We can say and the bitcoin already surpassed the price of gold but the only differences of this two is bitcoin is an unstable so it can positively go down or up and for the gold its stay the same price. But i think the btc is the new gold and by the fastest transaction at anytime and anywhere and the low fees , make the people wanted bitcoin.

And on the second question I rather hold though it can double up your profit or income.
rtm125

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:30:57 AM

I don't think investments in gold will lose their relevance due to bitcoin. Gold is a classic, and yet safer than bitcoin, as it is material and tested for centuries.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
nuggetbram

Activity: 326

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:05:37 AM

Gold and Silver have unique properties, such as being the highest conductor for both heat/electricity. Silver is better than gold slightly in that aspect and also has antibacterial properties.

Agree bitcoin has its own unique properties, in places during the GFC people invested in bitcoin to avoid letting the banks steal their money.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:15:50 AM

Gold and Silver have unique properties, such as being the highest conductor for both heat/electricity. Silver is better than gold slightly in that aspect and also has antibacterial properties.

Agree bitcoin has its own unique properties, in places during the GFC people invested in bitcoin to avoid letting the banks steal their money.

I also agree,  bitcoin is very different from gold,  bitcoin has its own unique characteristics that makes it more popular to the community.

Gold is also a precious one that is also valuable and already tested in time.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
rh72

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 11:24:08 AM

I think bitcoin is like digital gold. And it there is difference. Both of them are commodity that valuable. The differences gold and bitcoin are bitcoin price grow down and grow up fluctuate, gold stable. Low cost for transaction.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:46:06 AM

Many people think of bitcoin as gold but personally I do not think bitcoin is the same as gold there are some advantages possessed by bitcoin and bitcoin is a decentralized virtual currency so there is no control of any party like gold that is still controlled by others. and also bitcoin there is no production system like gold because bitcoin is a system that is individual.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: