Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:13:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:59:48 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 05:37:46 AM by Doell

You can hold Bitcoin. I think there will be a big appreciation of Bitcoin in the future, but it is hard to say whether Bitcoin will be the second gold.

bitcoin can not be said to be a second gold because bitcoin does not have a production system as well as the gold they use nor is bitcoin centralization like gold investments there will be a control over their assets. However, it will definitely have their respective risk levels, because gold is more vulnerable to have a risk that can be forged, while bitcoin itself is very vulnerable to hacking.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Btcmarmipp2

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 04:11:12 AM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

If I will choose which one I will hold is the gold. I don't think bitcoin will surpass gold in terms of holding for along time because bitcoin as we all know is a volatile digital currency. We cannot predict the high and low value in the market. So bitcoin will not be the new gold.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

Guard your privacy

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:38:24 AM

Btc  is way better then gold
I don't remember seeing 1 ounce of gold equal to 8000k
Bye is gonna change the world currency

It is really a matter of personal preference of an investor but yes I agree with you that bitcoin is better than gold in terms of price but be aware though that bitcoin price is very volatile compared to gold where its price is quite stable and just little volatility..

In this first years you are right, Bitcoin and other cryptos are more volatile than gold - totally. But who knows that for gold wasn't be the same thousands of years ago when they started to take consider it like something to exchange for other goods. There was no agreement for different communities of such a value they gave.

So for me it's a matter of time when the most of the human kind face it like a new form of ( digital ) payment it eventually stabilise ( or growth little by little and not with such speculation as we see in these days )

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
rapsa2018

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

Certainly bitcoin is new gold because when you buy your mortgage more than when you buy gold for more than a year before you earn because bitcoin price movements are very slow.
angrygroceries

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:57:25 AM

But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

What do you think ?
The idea came from somewhere else, just like Angels having wings or halos: it's never actually mentioned in the bible, but someone painted it once, it became popular culture, so now it's a common belief.

The idea of a world currency is guesswork. Basically in the bible the antichrist (or whomever) will rule over every nation, person and language. So, it's assumed that in order for this to happen it has to be a one-world government and are therefore using a one-world currency.

This confirms, however, that it couldn't possibly be Bitcoin or any other alt currency. They are mostly decentralized. A one-world currency would need to be a government created and owned cryptocurrency or fiat. Or maybe there's no currency at all, it's not a requirement.

What I find most interesting about the end times though is that fictional writers (books, TV, movies) always show "good people" trying to stop the end times from happening. But, if it's something that's prophesied to happen and it's God's Word, wouldn't Christians actually want to hasten the arrival of the end times? Trying to fight the inevitable is foolishly working against God, and a complete waste of their purpose.

Anyways, I always thought it would be a cool idea for something in fiction: people trying to kickstart the apocalypse are actually the ones in the right. Smiley

▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲ TRAXIA ║ A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE ▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲
══════Winner of SLUSH SHANGHAI 2017 EDITION  Technology by CARDANO  Invested by EMURGO══════
▲▼▶▼WEBSITEWHITEPAPERANN THREAD TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER TOKENSALE▲▼▶▼
Rdrrakel

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:02:03 AM

What do you think ?

Bitcoin can be called "the new gold" only if you mean "the gold rush" - it's not hard to track the common features with the California Gold Rush that began in 1848  Grin
kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:28:22 AM

I have long been assuming that bitcoin is new gold because bitcoin price is higher than gold that you are waiting for before you earn while bitcoin is fast.
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:44:03 AM

I don't think I follow the notion of bitcoin being the new gold but it is similar to when the gold rush began and people were clamoring to get as much gold as they could lay their hands on and wait for the price to go further up which is what is happening to bitcoin at the moment. Although I don't think I would want bitcoin to end up the way gold is now, price being in a single place and barely making investors any money.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:04:10 PM

What do you think ?
BTC is obviously much more than gold. It is an kind of investment that anyone even can't think of. It is an very big achievement and great opportunity for every human. About an decade ago , people used to invest their money in gold but investing into BTC is much more profitable than any other investment and moreover one need not to wait that long to get profit like people wait in gold and in future BTC will be the prime method for transactions.
luxcoin (OP)

Activity: 490

Guard your privacy

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:52:07 AM

What do you think ?
The idea came from somewhere else, just like Angels having wings or halos: it's never actually mentioned in the bible, but someone painted it once, it became popular culture, so now it's a common belief.

The idea of a world currency is guesswork. Basically in the bible the antichrist (or whomever) will rule over every nation, person and language. So, it's assumed that in order for this to happen it has to be a one-world government and are therefore using a one-world currency.

This confirms, however, that it couldn't possibly be Bitcoin or any other alt currency. They are mostly decentralized. A one-world currency would need to be a government created and owned cryptocurrency or fiat. Or maybe there's no currency at all, it's not a requirement.

What I find most interesting about the end times though is that fictional writers (books, TV, movies) always show "good people" trying to stop the end times from happening. But, if it's something that's prophesied to happen and it's God's Word, wouldn't Christians actually want to hasten the arrival of the end times? Trying to fight the inevitable is foolishly working against God, and a complete waste of their purpose.

Anyways, I always thought it would be a cool idea for something in fiction: people trying to kickstart the apocalypse are actually the ones in the right. Smiley

You are the genius! I almost cried on my seat reading it - you really need to write a book or something.
Apart from that I agree with you that it needs to be a world without borders if BTC could be the only currency circulated and this is just a dream. So in the reality this will never happen.

BUT, and here we are discussing the "new gold" however - in the internet there isn't any border so there it could be the only currency to use ; so you can buy stuff online and be paid in BTC as we see more and more example happening.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
alexn3620

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:07:53 PM

Yes, bitcoin is gold in the sphere of cryptocurrency. Currently low fees in the network, all are oriented to bitcoin since this currency is the oldest and more reliable than other tokens. I trust bitcoin more than other currencies, it's more reliable, I think so.
Harpawan

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:11:43 PM

Bisa jadi.yang jelas BTC adalah aset yang dengan cepat naik dan kadang juga turun nilai jualnya.
Tapi BTC lebih di sukai dari pada emas.
Karena emas agak susah naik nilai jualnya.
colmenajose

Activity: 278

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:24:20 PM

Bitcoin has become the new gold, since it has a great value, with the difference that gold is tangible and bitcoin is an intangible cryptocurrency, however, both assets are very appreciated all over the world.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:49:24 PM

What do you think ?

I don't think so. Bitcoins today are still in need of a good redesign or update to be and remain the king of all cryptocurrencies. However, if you play your cards right, then bitcoins will get a run for your money once invested at the right time. Plus, bitcoins can't conduct electricity and wear it as a bracelet compared to gold.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
jerry29@

Activity: 206
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:51:37 PM

Yes it may be the new gold or it may be more than we are just thinking about it. Look at the journey of the Bitcoin, wgere it first started and where it is right now. There may be tough journey, 10,000 Bitcoin for a pizaa to 10,000 pizza for a coin. It shows its power to the world. Picture is not over yet, there may be twist in the tale. Get yourself ready for the movie after intermission.
Bacotan Bae

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:53:47 PM

Can be said so, if gold is unlimited but bitcoin is limited, with 21 million stocks and now only 20% left untapped, I'm sure the bitcoin future will continue to improve even though bitcoin will not last forever.

Philanthor.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❤ ❤ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TOKEN SALE IS LIVE
JOIN NOW
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:45:32 PM

I hope comparison between bitcoin and gold stops because bitcoin is not gold. The price keeps on fluctuating and continues to move forward unlike gold that changes its price slowly and acts as a long term investment.

The difference between gold and Bitcoin is that the daily trade volume for Bitcoin (with respective to its market cap) is much higher than that of gold. And this is the primary reason why Bitcoin is more volatile than gold.
domerosan10

Activity: 192

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:01:56 PM

Yup of course that's right, bitcoin is digital gold. Buy bitcoin at a cheap price and sell it at an expensive price or bitcoin on the way up. Just as real gold buys when it comes down and sells when it goes up.
CryptoPsycho

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:05:04 PM

Bitcoin can't be compared to gold at my opinion because have no value like gold. Bitcoin is living just because of trust of people , gold is living because of value.
bitcoinbot

Activity: 357
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:11:20 PM

I think it is, As of now im just some searching about this bitcoin and what the people say about bitcoin, Some of them are said bitcoin will be have a big value than gold. Because bitcoin for it's always increasing the value and it is a first time that i see bitcoin was reach in $17000 it's a big value of bitcoin and bitcoin for now are now popular to the people in around the world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: