Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:23:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC the new gold ?  (Read 2742 times)
GoldAura17

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

It can be said even though gold will always be a value. It looks like bitcoin is the gold of the cryptomonas.
rockyboy

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:45:49 PM

It is much easier to keep bitcoins safe rather than gold which needs special conditions and a secure place. Your private keys can be stored almost anywhere as long as they are encrypted. Also, it is much easier to use Bitcoin for transactions even though the fees are high. Gold storage costs far more than Bitcoin's. Bitcoin has a high chance to replace gold in terms of investment.

You are correct for that kind of point of view.  Bitcoin can be stored in your wallet and can access anywhere with your private keys. Gold in the other hand is a valuable one but need to keep it in a very safe place. 

I also believe that in the future bitcoin may replace gold in terms of investment.

███    TWITTER    UbcoinMarket   WHITEPAPER    ███ PARTNERSHIPS
███       ANN          EXCHANGE CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR REAL GOODS         MEDIUM       ███    SAMSUNG
███  TELEGRAM  WEBSITE      FACEBOOK     ███       FLY 
supelle.born

Activity: 286

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:56:07 PM

I have the opinion that the BTC is more to be the new gold than a coin that will replace the fiat. Anyway I am investing in BTC and holding it for a long term
bigbosma

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:12:38 PM

It is difficult to compare these two diametrically opposed means of investment. But bitcoin, for me personally, is gold. My relatives used to buy gold products for safe storage of money, but I use bitcoin for this purpose.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:22:23 PM

This is a rather controversial issue and everyone decides for himself what bitcoin is for him and whether he will replace gold. Personally, bitcoin is more profitable for me, because it can earn much more and faster.

webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:25:52 PM

How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?

We can say that people can rely more on bitcoins more than gold because everyone can work to obtain cryptocurrency while earning gold today is very hard since not everyone can really obtain and hold it for a very long time. Slow transactions and high fee's will not be a problem in the block chain in the future because the technology is improving day by day.
jack8989

Activity: 331

StartFi

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:27:15 PM

I have the opinion that the BTC is more to be the new gold than a coin that will replace the fiat. Anyway I am investing in BTC and holding it for a long term
In my opinion, Bitcoin is just a new gold not more then it because they were all from mining and could be using as an currency for selling or trading .
There is just a little bit different on the way you're doing the trade or exchange , gold is little bit harder than Bitcoin because it's a real thing.

S t a r t F i     ▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄     SELL YOUR CONTENT, START YOUR LIFE     ▀▄  ▀▄▄▄▄▄     S t a r t F i
|    WEBSITE   | WHITEPAPER |   TL GROUP   | TL CHANNEL |    TWITTER    |    MEDIUM    |
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:34:28 PM

I do not think that this is a complete replacement for gold, as bitcoin can not be touched, it is intangible. But this is a great alternative to gold. And nothing prevents them to exist in parallel.

yanxuanyunshan4

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:30:31 AM

From an investment point of view, BTC is more about gold than other currencies. That's because BTC and gold have a lot in common. Both are limited to supply, both have functions to use, and many believe that, despite their large price fluctuations, they remain a good store of value. Compared to gold and BTC investment returns in the past five years, the currency's performance is far better than the so-called precious metals, BTC that investors to put money into the prospect of a new asset class.

Compared with the gold standard, BTC rising value and proven performance, investors can be used to measure the investment of the world's leading digital currency future opportunity and risk indicators.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:40:45 AM

I do not think that this is a complete replacement for gold, as bitcoin can not be touched, it is intangible. But this is a great alternative to gold. And nothing prevents them to exist in parallel.

I absolutely agree with you, gold has withstood the test of time, temperature and everything harsh yet it is still valuable and and  so many people are interested in gold investment.
Desmo

Activity: 412

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:48:02 AM

The high price of this currency can be justified only if this currency becomes really popular and widely used as a method of payment. However, the reality is that to date, the commission for the transaction is quite large and, moreover, the speed of confirmation of the transaction is also not up to par. Of the 500 largest online stores, Bitcoin only accepts 3, while the last year's figure is 5. However, Aswat Damodaran, a finance professor at New York University, believes that bitcoin is "new young gold" and attracts young investors who do not believe in financial institutions, as well as in fiat money.
bakekang008

Activity: 171

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:52:07 AM

But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

What do you think ?
If BTC will continue the higher value or price we can compare to the gold. Because the value of gold is high. So their is no reason that bitcoin can level the gold, but all I can say bitcoin is the new form of gold that for everybody.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
ahrispool
Copper Member

Activity: 82

https://mvlchain.io

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:57:39 AM

gold has been the only "money" that everyone in this world accept.
Every "currency" has failed to achieve "money" position because the central government could fluctuate the amount of money spread in the market based on their opinion on diverse situations.
Noone can make gold. The limited amount of gold and the fact that it could not be produced made gold have a position to be "money".

By same logic, BTC is limited to 21000000, and everybody knows it. You cannot produce BTC, transactions are transparent, blockchain technology makes it impossible to cheat on others.
The only difference is that you cannot see BTC like you see gold, but what is so different from USD saved in your bankbook? You cannot see them unless you go to your bank and get them offline. But what made you believe you can find your USD and claim its yours? You just trust it.

If everyone can have full understanding of blockchain technology and just trust BTC, and plus when technical limitation of cryptocurrencies are solved, then the BTC has no reason to not become a money.

shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:02:23 AM

gold has esteem since it is helpful. it isn't only an advantage you put resources into and that's it. gold is being utilized as a part of thousands of better places. in various sums and shapes from huge size in gems to little nano particles utilized as a part of restorative innovations.
bitcoin has esteem since it is helpful as well. it isn't only a benefit. bitcoin is valuable since it is a cash which is decentralized. has high security and worldwide. obviously being modest is wanted however unfortunately for this brief time frame we can not have that. ideally we will soon again like we had low expenses previously.
Luckyji

Activity: 166
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:33:14 AM

For now yes bitcoin is the new gold due to the way its raining now hardly will you see anybody now without saying about bitcoin now and you come to the price expect very high except now that it is having some challenging factor that are trying to pull down the price of the bitcoin which i know that it will not take long for [t to bounce back to it normal state.
Skizzewizzie

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:37:17 AM

No bitcoin cannot be the new gold because it is not as stable as gold. Although the percentage of ROI on bitcoin is much higher than that of gold though so they are very different.
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:38:57 PM

What do you think ?
Yes BTC is the new gold in fact it is better than any kind of investment that people used to do earlier, earlier the people used to invest either in gold or in shares but with the digitalization, everything has changed and even the mode of currency, the currency is also been digitalized and this digital currency is cryptocurrency and the leader of them is bitcoin and even it is able to provide much more profit and within very short span of time, so yes BTC is the new gold.
turbanto

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:43:56 PM

it is impossible to compare digital currency and gold. cryptocurrency is virtual money and gold is a precious metal that will never lose its value
haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:44:34 PM

No bitcoin cannot be the new gold because it is not as stable as gold. Although the percentage of ROI on bitcoin is much higher than that of gold though so they are very different.
i agree with you and to me it's in a couple of words that we can state that Btc as another gold yet more significant than gold since it enhances the life of an exceptionally praiseworthy individual from Btc side so perhaps we ought to consider that bitcoin as a valuable stone and platinum like differentiation.
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:18:17 PM

Unfortunately, bitcoin can only be a temporary phenomenon and disappear. And gold will be eternal. Moreover, gold is material, which also gives it reliability.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: