Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 12 Bitcoin. What should I do???  (Read 18598 times)
ejswift

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:50:12 AM

6 months ago. 1BTC ~ $1000. And now you have 12 BTC, each about $9000  Shocked.
Are you serious?
I see you're very good at trading altcoin, why not continue?
yeah your right you should continue your investing because you are good at it i think you will be successful in the future so be wise and invest it properly

Renji Abarai

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:56:11 AM

Allocated some portion in trading, I think its rewarding but risky also if you are a newbie.  Do more research and learning on how to trade. Also watch out for some promising ICO, it  is rewarding too but watch out for scam also.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ JOIN WHITELIST ]
▬        ICO  >  May 5th - June 4th        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
joemanabat05

Activity: 168
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:56:34 AM

you have 12  bitcoins?  then that was crazy man to think of it that you have that big amount of bitcoins. well anyways,  all you have to do is hold the half and use the half for good because we dont know what the future brings. So it is nice  to be Wise and a smart thinking.
btctalker77

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:56:49 AM

Edit: I have now invested 100% into Skycoin

I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

My question is, what do I do now?

As far as I can see, I have 4 options;

1) Hold the Bitcoin

2) Invest in altcoins and leave a little in Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

4) Convert it to fiat (probably the dumbest idea)

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams. Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

HODL at least half in Bitcoin, and you can invest in Altcoins the rest, because you seem to be good at it.
Sofinard09

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:16:23 AM

To be honest, 12 bitcoins is enough to live comfortably for a long time. I would withdraw this money into fiat (all or part of them) and use it to open my own business or invest in real estate. My opinion is very different from the others  and perhaps it looks wrong,but that's what I would have done
i will do the same but not all the 12 btc. I'll leave the 1 bitcoin to be re-invest using the same strategy you used.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:45:41 AM

Hold and keep adding to it until you have a more significant amount.   

Smiley

sent from my X6
elston6x

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:14:00 AM

You are a very lucky person my friend why hold it longs enough bitcoin price is still raising as of now and also the bitcoin has a lot of improvement or a lot of things to be discovored by the use of the bitcoin it sell. If I were you, I will just hold on it. Now is not the best time to dump some of your bitcoin. If you have plans to dump a couple, you should have done it when bitcoin tops $30K
leland orser

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:48:53 AM

This is the most correct decision you've ever made.
I also participated in the crowdfunding of Skycoin, and I believe that this ICO project will bring us great returns.
Cheers! Shocked

ezcrigbagk

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:50:43 AM

I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

1) Hold the Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams. Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

Looks like you already have your choice. My suggestion is not to sponsor a project. It is not stable because you do not have enough experience.
ohtmvhbli

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:56:00 AM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

This is awesome. You have 12 bitcoin! If I were you, I'd spend half my bitcoin investing in something worthwhile. But will retain some.
mrqzwoboi

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:22:42 AM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

if it was me. I will sell it bitcoin at a high price. Then choose more of the other coins. Maybe this is not the best choice. But I will do it.
Titus pollo

Activity: 80

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:53:01 AM

Please don't create your own currency lol.

I would try to invest in a decent masternode couple of ico and some solid altcoin
artmen007

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

FrontEnd developer

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:58:18 AM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

I believe that you need to keep 70% of their BITCOIN. And 30 percent to buy altcoins.
Why 70% of bitcoin? 20 percent should keep the BTC in case of any drops and correction. To purchase altcoin on the bottom.
But your portfolio should not fall below 50% I think.
Bitcoin after the launch of the lightning network can do a lot of x's

High risk high payoff
Herdirfauzi

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:05:27 AM

if I suggest there's better you set aside to invest in various altcoins, some in wait until the bitcoin price rises

alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:21:50 AM

If you have 12 Bitcoins, you should divide your assets accordingly and you can buy 30% ETH to invest in ICO projects as it can help you make better profits. But if you want to take the risk and accept the loss then you should choose altcoin that can help you get good profit and keep for a long time.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:24:44 AM

Sometimes, the dumbest idea is the wisest one.
Just giving an example,suppose if you'd have converted it into fiat when they were 20k$ , then at this time you could have bought those 12BTC again and still have saved a lot of money right now.
No altcoins are stable and promising, convert to fiat when high and buy again at low, and we all kind of know what the high point is and when is it going to fall.
bunsaskii

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:16:25 AM

Please don't create your own currency lol.

I would try to invest in a decent masternode couple of ico and some solid altcoin

Agree with Titus on the masternodes, pick out some good projects and get some steady return while diversifying in various other coins.

It's funny how you're doing so well and we're the ones trying to give the guy with 12 BTC our advice  Grin Grin Grin
BenR

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:40:47 AM

I disagree with your premise. Unless you have a good steady income (which it seems like you don't) or you have a pile of fiat, you might want to cash out at least some. I believe in crypto, but I also realize that parts of it could come crashing down. Going all in can lead to great profits, but there's something to be said for diversifying and keeping some reserves.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:48:36 AM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

I would advice you to hold half of your Bitcoins and would recommend you to invest the rest of your Bitcoins in various projects. Holding your Bitcoins will surely be very profitable in the the long run whereas by investing, you give your Bitcoins a chance to grow in value. I would advice you to invest your Bitcoins in various progressive altcoins like nem, civic and litecoin. You can also invest in some promising upcoming ico like VICE which can be a huge thing in the future.
zhqqnhivae

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:28:06 AM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

This is really enviable. I think participating in a project is also a good choice. Play your creativity and strength. A new coin is born in Encrypted World. it's great.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 123 »
  Print  

Jump to: