Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:57:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Private Coin?  (Read 2398 times)
oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:12:11 AM

No love for cloakcoin? i just recently got back into this cloak, only 5 million coins has jumped nearly 100% in value the past week, they have been a closed source project for years and just sent out there code to get reviewed in preparation to go open source, everyone should look into enigma which is what cloakcoin uses to make transactions 100% private oh ya 6% return yearly as it is also a POS coin, you can hold a 100 or 1000 its 6% yearly no matter how many you hold meaning no need for masternodes.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptotina

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:58:24 PM

With all these not so similar replies, I sure hope the asker gets to pick the right one. Though Monero is a little bit high, its my favourite and fairest of them all. You surely need to find out this out on your own @asker, and by doing that you'll find one that suits you best. Not saying other people's opinion a bad idea but I believe you ought to make research and get to understand.. You know what you like and what your taste is best. So..
nakashu

Activity: 175
Merit: 11

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:10:57 AM

all in all, monero is really great private coin and it finally got the value it deserves in recent months, but from my opinion SUMOKOIN is best. It has all what monero has but on top of that it is UNTRACEABLE, not only private. Ring Confidential Transactions (RingCT) with minimum ringsize of 12 are implemented since very beginning. As solid as it gets.
SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:49:19 AM

XSPEC and Deep Onion would be my 2 picks

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 08:52:08 AM

X-post as it applies to this thread as well:

This isn't like the NFL draft where only one team can draft Tom Brady. Everyone can use the best technology, so they will--especially given the technology is keeping them from jail or paying taxes. You should be montering the DMs and evaluating the success of a coin on how many markets are implementing them into a buying option--even better if you can find a way to evaluate use, but that's tough given people aren't given up market data (at least not by choice).

vovannovig2

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:55:31 AM

XSPEC and Deep Onion would be my 2 picks
Spectrecoin is a first rate privacy coin that has been sharply outperforming Bitcoin for the past week.  Normally, once a coin starts to take off like that, I tend to back away from it, but this coin is so deeply undervalued that I am confident it will ultimately only go up from here, regardless of what happens to it (and crypto in general) in the short term.  This is a buy and hold coin:

Take a look at Spectrecoin's tech:

1. Native Tor integration preserves network privacy, protects users against surveillance

2. OBFS4 obfuscation protocol facilitates undetected usage in Tor-blocked countries such as China and Iran (the only anon coin with this feature)

3. Ring signatures ensure transactional anonymity

4. PoS with generous staking rewards (5% added to the total supply each year, distributed to those who stake)

5. Community-based funding mechanism: Slider for contributing a percentage (or all) of one's staking rewards towards funding development

6. Stealth coin withdrawal from exchanges, for total preservation of user anonymity (coming soon in v1.4, due for release in the next few weeks)

7. Default stealth transactions for a more intuitive user experience (coming in v2.0, due for release Q1 2018)

8. Stealth staking [a first for any cryptocurrency!] (coming in v2.0, due for release Q1 2018)

9. A low power Android staking wallet (planned for Q2 2018)

10. Trezor and Ledger hardware wallet support (to be announced)

11. SpectreCash app - a small remittance Android app, facilitating 100% anonymous peer-to-peer transactions (to be announced)

In addition, Spectrecoin will soon be featured on the anonymous, peer-to-peer decentralized exchange BISQ (formerly BitSquare), starting with BISQ's upcoming software release.  This is a fitting partnership for any coin that takes the privacy and anonymity of its users seriously, and a truly exciting development.

There are less than 21 million coins in circulation.  At any price below $5 per coin, this coin is a steal.

This is one up-and-coming privacy coin that is not messing around.  Regardless of which way the crypto market heads in the short term, this is a coin you will want to stake your claim in now, before it hits its stride.

Educate yourself about this hidden gem here: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Come join our vibrant and growing community on slack: http://slack.spectreproject.io/
I completely agree with you!
I bought earlier and buy now.

I'm sure everyone understands that 2018 will be the year of alternative crypto currency, and now it's time to buy promising coins.

Analyzing many other projects on such criteria as the total number of coins, work in the community, self-financing, technology, and, after seeing how the developer works, I made a choice.
My choice - Spectrecoin XSPEC

HODL to the moon

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:04:24 PM

I like monero a lot! It has been keeping up quite good recently. Interesting to see it pumping and steady. But PIVX has also nice small fees and fast transactions

Discounted

Activity: 158
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:48:45 PM

Definitly XSPEC, low supply, low market cap and amazing technology. It has more privacy than monero,verge and zcash combined. Get it while it's still cheap. It's a sleeper.
nakashu

Activity: 175

"Decentralization is religion"

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:07:40 PM

nice comparison of monero and sumokoin
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:09:52 PM

Monerro is the best there is no doubt about it in my mind they even hired a guy from bitcoin core to work as a dev on privacy part and you could see the results of his work on the current price.Xzc and other zero proof protocol can be hacked(this already happend to xzc and smart cash) so i wouldnt put my trust on it.Xvg and deep onion use tor for privacy that is already obsolete and for spec coin i doubt that anything will happen with it as its still in beta phase

Let's not forget that Monero has had to, supposedly, deal with exploits as well.  It's not whether or not it CAN be hacked, but how fast those exploits can be fixed.  https://www.bitsonline.com/monero-exploit-threatens-privacy/

IP data is not tx data--that's the difference between on-chain anonymity and bolting TOR onto a coin and calling it anonymous. On-chain is the more difficult of the two, and any user can do the second themselves. Of course you would have known that yourself if you has read the comments in that article or understood how Monero achieves privacy or had known that you can use TOR or I2p with Bitcoin and be more anonymous (more tx=more noise) than a coin like verge which bolted on TOR and called it a day. But thanks for proving you don't know what you are talking about.

At no point was it my intention to distinguish between the two.  I'm not entirely sure why you are trying to stawman me into an argument.  And no, I seldom read comments in articles.  Reading comments on articles is a surefire way for me to lose faith that reasonable discourse still exists.   If you somehow took the fact that I pointed out that Monero has had flaws in the past and was able to fix them as an affront to your character resulting in your defensiveness, I assure you it wasn't directed towards you.  There's no reason to be zealous with me.  I own and support Monero.  I think it's a fine crypto.   I just don't understand why so many supporters of Monero become insanely aggressive against other privacy coins as if Monero was the only coin able to attain a certain greatness.  
I also don't mean this as an insult but your response read like the comic book guy from the Simpsons and I reread it in that voice and laughed a lot.  Thanks for that.

I don't think you know what a strawman is. I merely pointed out how you were wrong and were helping to spread misinformation. Don't really care how you feel about it. Accept the criticism or don't.

Which part was an incorrect statement (misinformation) because I only made two?

1. That Monero supposedly has to deal with  exploits?
or
2. That speed of repairing exploits is more important than the exploit itself?

You weren't arguing either of these things, because they are both true.  You are creating a strawman that is misrepresenting the statements I've made so that you have something to attack.  You didn't merely point out an inaccuracy;  both of the aforementioned statements are true but somehow you've misinterpreted what I was saying as "Monero is bad," which is quite the opposite. So you aren't "criticizing."  If my intention came across as something more than what was literally stated I apologize. But you're lashing out.  And inappropriately, in my opinion, because my words shouldn't pose a threat to you or Monero at all.

Here is some actual criticism for you:  Your post has some misdirected rage.

but in your defense I find this to be a common trait of Monero users in forums.

My criticism to the Monero community:  We don't need to act like this ^:  Creating arguments when there are none, or defending (in an aggressive and insulting manner) a coin that doesn't need our defense, being a "dick" in general.  We all know Monero is solid there are no threats here.

1 + 2  are irrelevant if the exploit doesn't matter. You should read my original reply--apparently you didn't understand what I was saying or don't understand what the article you linked was implying about how cryptocurrencies achieve privacy. Monero offers on-chain anonymity--it's not an exploit if you don't use it with TOR or I2p as your IP data isn't TX data. And if you live in a country where you need IP masking, you should already know that you need to use TOR or I2p with every coin and that it is trivial to implement.

As for your statements about me--please see ad hominem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem All I've said about you is that you don't know what you are talking about, which you seem intent on reproving ad nauseum.

Yes you did say that, "I didn't know what I was talking about" and you keep saying that AND I still don't see what I said that was wrong or why you are continuing to come at me.  You can say they are irrelevant, I suppose,  These issues were fixed very rapidly if my recollection is correct.  I was speaking in favor of MOnero and any coin that can rapidly correct any possible problems.  So perhaps this is a failure in communication.
And I'm very familiar with AdHominem.  The only thing I've said about you is that your post has misdirected rage which is really no different than you saying I don't know what I'm talking about.  I'm not attacking your character, I haven't called you any names.  Shit, I don't know your character to make an ad hominem attack at you. So...  again... Address the strawman please and tell me what you think Ad Hominem means because it doesn't run parallel to my understanding of that term.

Implying that my post are "misdirected rage" is ad hominem. Also, no strawman--unless you still fail to understand that the exploit in the article (that you linked)  is not an exploit. Apparently you still don't understand my point. So I'll stop wasting my time and keep reposting another person's explanation until you get it.

https://themerkle.com/moneros-ip-address-leak-isnt-an-exploit-and-doesnt-affect-anonymity/

Oh that?  No there was no implication there.  I "said" that, I didn't "imply" it.  I'm not saying you are wrong or bad for having misdirected rage in your post, just that your post has misdirected rage.  That's not ad hominem.  NOW I guess I can say YOU don't know what you're talking about LOLOL... but I won't do that.   I'm pretty sure we are missing eachothers' points though.  I hope your day gets better.

It would go better if people would do their own research and stop posting debunked articles and then say I was "misdirecting rage" when I pointed out that the article was false and posting it proved that  A. they're disingenuous or B. they don't understand how coin's achieve anonymity  or C. they just post stuff and hope they are right, but attack someone when they are proved wrong.

Again, go back to my first post and accept it, rather than go down many roads of disinformation to attempt to hide the fact that you are responsible for the Bullshit you post--whether you like it or not.

Again, go back to my first post and read where I said "Supposedly" and how both of the points I made are true.  Also read up on Ad Hominem and Strawman.  They're good things to accurately know!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:15:05 PM

@trainasauruswrecks go to original post where you'll see that I was pointing out that you posted an article that was incorrect in its assumptions. Stop wasting my time with disingenuous statements. You failed to understand that the article was mistaken or posted knowing it was false. You're either ignorant or a liar or lazy and can't admit when you are mistaken and would rather waste people's time defending yourself--just be more careful or understand what your are posting and you'll never be corrected again (it's really not that difficult).

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:17:12 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2017, 01:27:54 PM by generalizethis

Monerro is the best there is no doubt about it in my mind they even hired a guy from bitcoin core to work as a dev on privacy part and you could see the results of his work on the current price.Xzc and other zero proof protocol can be hacked(this already happend to xzc and smart cash) so i wouldnt put my trust on it.Xvg and deep onion use tor for privacy that is already obsolete and for spec coin i doubt that anything will happen with it as its still in beta phase

Let's not forget that Monero has had to, supposedly, deal with exploits as well.  It's not whether or not it CAN be hacked, but how fast those exploits can be fixed.  https://www.bitsonline.com/monero-exploit-threatens-privacy/

IP data is not tx data--that's the difference between on-chain anonymity and bolting TOR onto a coin and calling it anonymous. On-chain is the more difficult of the two, and any user can do the second themselves. Of course you would have known that yourself if you has read the comments in that article or understood how Monero achieves privacy or had known that you can use TOR or I2p with Bitcoin and be more anonymous (more tx=more noise) than a coin like verge which bolted on TOR and called it a day. But thanks for proving you don't know what you are talking about.

Here you go--helped you out. The use of "supposedly" does not excuse my point that you in fact did not understand yourself that the "exploit" was not an exploit--if you had a basic understanding of how coins achieve privacy, you would have known and not linked the article in the first place.

Joebwan

Activity: 223

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:21:06 PM

Lately, I'm fan of Onion as you can see from my signature.

The coin have very passion community and now I'm part of. They are very helpful and this is very useful when a coin needs new users and wide adoption.

TOR is the only way for nodes connections.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
profit-shooter

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:32:21 PM

My choice is XRP. It must gain X10 to usd within 2018. At this moment price is about 70-80 cents for XRP.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 02:59:18 PM

Is it worth investing in xspec and verge after the recent price hike ?

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:21:06 PM

@trainasauruswrecks go to original post where you'll see that I was pointing out that you posted an article that was incorrect in its assumptions. Stop wasting my time with disingenuous statements. You failed to understand that the article was mistaken or posted knowing it was false. You're either ignorant or a liar or lazy and can't admit when you are mistaken and would rather waste people's time defending yourself--just be more careful or understand what your are posting and you'll never be corrected again (it's really not that difficult).

I posted an article and stated that SUPPOSEDLY Monero has had to deal with exploits as well.

This is a true statement.

I also stated that exploits do not matter, it's how quickly they are recovered that matters.

Also a true statement.

Where was the mistake in this?  That I posted an article?  I drew no assumptions as to whether or not it was correct in its conclusion.  That's is why I specifically said "supposedly."  If you look at your reply (that could had simply said that the supposed exploit was found to be false) you went on your condescending comic book guy rant imposing some sort of ill intention on my post that was not intended.  I've just dragged you out this far because you're easy troll bait and it was clear from your response that you would be. Smiley

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
vovannovig2

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:25:05 PM

B O O M

private in-n-out gateway for XSPEC to be implemeneted in the next release of a decentrilized exchange working on TOR

To be properly decentralized, one must avoid single points of failure:

Bisq does not hold any bitcoins. All are held in multisignature addresses rather than a Bisq-controlled wallet.
Bisq does not hold any national currency. National currency is transferred directly from one trader to the other.
Bisq uses a Peer-to-Peer network over Tor. This means there are no servers to be hacked or DDoS’d.
Bisq does not know the traders. No data is stored on who trades with whom.
Bisq does not require registration. This means privacy is maintained, there are no “approval” wait times, and identity theft becomes impossible.
Bisq does not operate its arbitration system – traders themselves choose from an open and decentralized market of arbitrators.
Bisq is not a company. It is an open source project aiming to organize as a Decentralized Autonomous Organization (DAO).
Bisq is self-funded by the efforts of its volunteers and contributions of donors.

2018 is going to be a year of SPECTRECOIN

I agree, very good!
XSPEC is my choice because it is a complex system of anonymity with an individual approach to each stage of interaction !!!

Here is an article about the fact that a very profitable investment project - https://globalcoinreport.com/heres-why-now-might-be-a-good-time-to-pick-up-some-spectrecoin-xpsec/  Wink

Here is a comparison with other projects and much more! - http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
===
I believe that the future for anonymous projects!
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/can-see-id-eu-rules-anonymous-transactions/  Wink
www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/12/18/eu-considers-launching-database-bitcoin-owners-crack-criminals/  Wink
===
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 03:29:55 PM

I posted an article and stated that SUPPOSEDLY Monero has had to deal with exploits as well.

This is a true statement.

I also stated that exploits do not matter, it's how quickly they are recovered that matters.

Also a true statement.

Where was the mistake in this?  That I posted an article?  I drew no assumptions as to whether or not it was correct in its conclusion.  That's is why I specifically said "supposedly."  If you look at your reply (that could had simply said that the supposed exploit was found to be false) you went on your condescending comic book guy rant imposing some sort of ill intention on my post that was not intended.  I've just dragged you out this far because you're easy troll bait and it was clear from your response that you would be. Smiley

There was no exploit. You linked an article to misinformation. Why?

You don't understand how cryptocurrencies achieve privacy--my point.

I basically pointed out the article was wrong in its assumptions and that you invalidated your authority on the subject by posting the article/end-of-story.

Georgi Tsankov

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:41:03 PM

Monero is pretty established already and will be the leader for quite a long time.
Shaour Zafar094

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 06:02:38 PM

According to me the best coin from your list is Monero, as i have seen in a list.
cant tell much difference than their rates.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: