Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:20:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
Mr.Junker

Activity: 222
Merit: 250

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:07:57 AM

I think the first needed is the community, make the community growth, give the correct and good information about your altcoin, publish what you will do with your altcoin,(POW) is usually seen as a reference too, do not imitate other altcoin in publications because it will reduce opinion in the public, make social information as much as possible, posting on bitcointalk.org and websites that have been trusted

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thewel

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:41:33 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?
I think the possibility of altcoin be good because andyak people who know and use altcoin as teransaksi in the digital world, then from tu in the current era more and more are interested in altcoins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     HEXCASH     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
◆◆◆◆◆     A T​RULY​ DECENTRALISED FUND MANAGEMENT SYSTEM     ◆◆◆◆◆
WP   TWITTER   FACEBOOK   ◆   TOKEN SALE   ◆   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ANN
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:50:30 PM

It all depends on what kind of altcoin it is. Is it a utility token? Is it a platform? Has it got some ground breaking tech behind it? How large is the Community and also who is the Team and what DEVELOPERS does it have? There are many components that deem a coins value and only time can tell for each coin how it will perform and what it's value will be.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
semar nyengir

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 05:07:19 PM

hmmz, something that makes altcoin valuable is how we can stay skilled in analyzing the altcoin.
Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:35:41 AM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

People in this community gives value to a token or coins. If you want your altcoin to be successful and have value, you will need to advertise it well and make sure that your campaign has what it takes for people to also believe that your altcoin will really be profitable. In this forum, many of the people are really willing to invest in alt's but in order for them to invest in your coin, the coin must be well presented, unlike the shitty coins.

What do you think the strategy is for gathering momentum in the forums? Say if it was a good idea? How does it spread here?
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 02:54:42 AM

I will tell you three things that make an altcoin valuable:
1: Usage
2: Usage
3: Usage
Let no man talk you into splashing money on getting people to talk or write about it like Steemit does. Where is steem today with all that. But look at Bitcoin, who gets paid for talking about Bitcoin? None! But Facebook is in the moon.

Again, look at Facebook. Does anyone get paid for posting on their timeline by Mark Zukerberg? Nope! Where is Facebook today? But off course very high on the ladder. OP, try and adjust your project to include what the public will passionately seek.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rube08

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:02:52 AM

The altcoin can't be a copy cat of another coin or else it is not going anywhere and is only a means of a pump and dump.  An altcoin needs to be unique in its own aspect and attract investors to the coin.  The coin also needs a long term plan and goal.  The investor should say, Wow, this coin does have potential and I could see this coin going strong in 5 years!
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2017, 03:05:48 AM

I made a youtube video that explains what to look for in ICO's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwHkIKhddw&t=0s

That should help you, PM me if you have any questions. Enjoy
Thanks for the video! Great set of questions to approach evaluating ICO's.

Thanks I appreciate the kind words Smiley

Positivebetting
XCoinPay

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:15:32 AM

The value of a token depends on whether it has a practical application.
deloreswest

Activity: 350

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:30:32 AM

For me, all user of altcoin gives its value because if there is no user there no demand, definitely its has no value that time.

So the main factor that gives value in one coins demand of all user.

the use of the coin is indeed the thing that determined the value of the altcoin. what the ico doing and done will affect the value, the price of bitcoin too have a significant effect. usually the more bitcoin rise it will make altcoin down but it also make the altcoin rise when bitcoin stop rising.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
rasho321

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:48:52 AM

I don’t think so everyone is this much open to experience new coins? People are investing into digital currencies for profit not for fun or experience.

I don’t think so these new ICOs are going to have massive support especially in the presence of famous altcoins like waves, neo and the legend of crypto currency, bitcoin. The altcoin which is going to stay best in this year rather last two months is waves.
modtakels

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:56:48 AM

an altcoin is valuable if the coin has a good product,good community using its product,investors and most imporantly has a good team development.

Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:02:17 AM

If we are talking the value of a coins, the main factor that's effect in a value of one coins is demand of all use, it because if there is no demand and there is no user want to buy your coins definitely your coins has no value.

Price and demand is directly proportional, meaning the highest demand the Highest its value.

RealKhan

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 04:35:50 AM

The public perception of a cryptocurrency has big bearing on the value of the currency.  In the case of Bitcoin, a driving factor can be people reacting positively to the innovations and the fact it is a thorn in the side of the mostly corrupt banking sector and gives competition which cannot be tampered with in the traditional way.

Many cryptocurrencies are not known in the public eye bar a few and the smaller ones typically have a cult following, so their prices are much lower than say Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ether.
Many cryptocurrencies are reusing the Bitcoin code and just changing some of the specifications such as the coin supply, proof of work algorithm or adding other features. How much a currency has ripped off of Bitcoin with no innovation or potential utility over Bitcoin can affect its reputation.  Thus people themselves are the cause of growth.

Also, factors such as: difficulty level(mining),supply/demand,scams.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:56:24 AM

The value of each coins we are holding is depend on the demand and supply of bitcoin,it depends on the investors and user of bitcoin and status in the market.
The effect of it if the coins we are using is demand all people and good products of coins if it will click to the users it will became vaulable.
Zufox

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:26:14 AM

It seems to me, that altcoins is valuable in its technology.  If technology is really promising, then there will always be an interest in this altcoin.  So you should always look, what is the idea of this project, how to implement this idea.
tomir

Activity: 308

SEMUX

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:16:38 AM

altcoin have value due to people's interest in him. 99%  altcoin are not used anywhere, and the price increases only by the willingness of people to make money.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:24:23 AM

its decentralization and product what it really offer. if the coin has valuable product behind it which can be use for good then its price will increase in future

Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 09:21:20 AM

It should be different from other alts, you must offer something new for the users

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Hichi

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:02:06 AM

It's usually the team behind the coin that makes something valuable. The coin itself doesn't matter but what matters is mostly what it represents. What it have to represent is an idea that will have real impact in the future. There are so many projects out there that are doing exactly that, they are not offering anything substantial or of value to future customers. They are jus tlooking to make a quick profit in the booming market and many of them manage to do so, which attracts other people to do just the same. It's a never ending circle which is why we see so many horrible and useless coins circulating. At some point they will all collapse and only the strong coins will remain. These will always be the one's that had a vision and actually impemented steps in order to realize it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: