Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes a altcoin valuable  (Read 5731 times)
Steven-o (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 07:43:52 PM

The popularity can be a big factor to that but also the price of bitcoin or the trend of its value can make a huge difference to the trend of the value of your altcoin, like ethereum for example, which has the similar trend with bitcoin's value.

So when bitcoin drops, then an altcoin can enter the market?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 09:27:57 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

The key is how are they gonna spend it ? Any usability on buyings? There are so may creators are introduced their coins and said its gonna hit 100% extra bonus like. So the thing is how successful they are? It should give some strong trust in upcoming projects.
So that will decide the success of your coin. Just think yourself like if you buy a new tokens in ICO of any. what do you expect?
Thinks as a investor
woas4

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:38:25 PM

What gives value to a cryptocurrency is its real world utility and practical usage. If you're planning on launching your own coin you need to think of a service or product that people need, and that people will use - and then think about a way to tokenize or monetize it (in case its an erc20 token, for example... maybe you could take a cut of every transaction that goes through your platform).

Zentor

Activity: 378
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:43:04 PM

Community sets price by demand. Also if people need this altcoin for doing something, they are buying it and prise rise
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:45:17 PM

Altcoin must be presented to the people in the way that will make it popular. Dev management and the campaign would contribute a lot to this aspects and ideas. If you have a plan for developing an altcoin your presentation of your altcoin must be smartly presented to people and advertised. With good advertising comes a big base of investors that will support your campaign till the very end. Afcorsee your token must get through the process of ICO to get to the status of the altcoin. It would be nice if you had legit and meaningful plans and not scam projects cause many devs nowadays are scammers and are looking only for the easy profit. Be smart and make a lot of research and with good campaign and promises you will attract a lot of people for joining you to your goal of pushing your coin to the final phase.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:22:01 AM

What are some of the altcoins that were big scams. What were the big fails?
Briian007

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:57:27 AM

What gives value to a cryptocurrency is its real world utility and practical usage. If you're planning on launching your own coin you need to think of a service or product that people need, and that people will use - and then think about a way to tokenize or monetize it (in case its an erc20 token, for example... maybe you could take a cut of every transaction that goes through your platform).
You right. Altcoin price grow up with good product to people is stable in long term. With stable price, people will start to use more that altcoin and that altcoin will have good value.
ecfel

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:01:55 AM

i think the value of any product comes from its use in physical and digital platform. if no one uses the coin, even though it has high demand right now, its value will slope down. majority of people should accept that something has a value before we all can say something is valuable in a long term basis.

airfio
Advancin
Mymikagab

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:29:13 AM

Technically speaking, an altcoin has value for the same reason everything else has value  people are willing to assign that much value to the object.
If the dev and community is focus on there project altcoins getting high the target of value
TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:58:25 PM

Technically speaking, an altcoin has value for the same reason everything else has value  people are willing to assign that much value to the object.
If the dev and community is focus on there project altcoins getting high the target of value
Every project has a target and goal to achieve.
I agree, as long as they focus on basic goals by building a planned marketing. There coins will be still valuable.
Although not all altcoins projects are successful, but at least they remain on target and development. I am sure they will still be successful in the future.
X2PR8888

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:11:36 PM

Altcoins become valuable on three main things: first is it's actual worth.  Easiest definition of something becoming valuable is the fact that it is worth something to someone regardless of how much it is and then the value becomes more as more people also see it in the same light.  For instance, a vintage car becomes valuable because a lot of people are now into collecting and restoring these.  Second, functionality of a thing makes it valuable. If altcoins become more convenient and easy to use, people will see it's worth and consider it valuable. This principle applies to mass transportation becoming valuable in a society because a lot of people see its convenience when getting to and from places without having to drive by yourself.  Last, it's rarity.  A thing becomes valuable too if it's rare and limited.  In the case of altcoins though, I don't think this really applies but if cryptotraders see a certain altcoins's value despite it being limited, it's value may flourish.

⊗ eBit Payment ⊗
24 NOVEMBER 2017 TOKEN SALE

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2440198.0
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:14:59 PM

I'm developing an altcoin that is based on social sharing. What foundational technologies are going to make it the most valuable? What makes an altcoin valuable? I'm wondering if it is just how much people hear about it? Thoughts?

the project itself,if your coin supply is enough for the target value
 and the campaign strategies .popularity is one aspect that makes the ico
prosper so you must improve good advertisement in regards to your project..
Adil Amim

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:32:59 PM

Development team and the technology plays a very important role in any coin. And an actual marketing is also required to make a coin valuable.
dcvmarvel

Activity: 71

Truegame

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:46:25 PM

I think marketing, popularity and most importantly a solid team.

Legobatman

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:48:24 PM

I find that an altcoin to be valuable it needs to have a solid team, technology within the project, the supply available and finally reputation and popularity also.
RADTEAM

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:51:07 PM

You can look at it through the lens of risks, the better the token answers these challenges, the more valuable it will be overtime:
1) General crypto risks that are shared by all tokens (market panic, regulatory ban Worldwide, critical technical flaw, etc.)
2) Regulatory risks (that this particular token will be banned/ outlawed)
3) Technology risks
4) Competition
5) Execution (Core developers fail to execute)
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:54:40 PM

I think the most important feature of any altcoin is its actual use in the real world. If this feature loses hold in the altcoin, the altcoin will eventually die out. Before it finally dies, it might simply transform into a pump and dump coin that has no real value in real life. Everything depends on the relevant real-world issue that the project, along with the coin, wishes to solve or provide an innovative and easy alternative to.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Steven-o (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:46:43 PM

I think the most important feature of any altcoin is its actual use in the real world. If this feature loses hold in the altcoin, the altcoin will eventually die out. Before it finally dies, it might simply transform into a pump and dump coin that has no real value in real life. Everything depends on the relevant real-world issue that the project, along with the coin, wishes to solve or provide an innovative and easy alternative to.

What is an altcoin in the real world that you've seen work well? DeepOnion?
dBrain

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:49:55 PM

Demand. Which means how an altcoin is used and how attractive it is.
eP

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 07:07:49 PM

i just trying to give some opinion, altcoins will valueable that will based for this coins used for what , how about the project managed , the concept of this coin.
i know investing on some coins its not mean you can get profit because invest is some high risk if the project not launched follow by the roadmap.
altcoins will have value if the promised project success and launched and can used by alot people , but some altcoins will have value if listed on major market because high trading volume everyday make the coin will growth and valuable , but for listed on major exchanges their will see how your project running goods or not.

▄▄▄▄█▐██▀▀▄███▀▄                 
        ▀███▄███▌█▀▀▐███▌▄█▌████▄▄▄         
     ▄▐██▄▄▀██▀█▐█▐████▀▄█▌▄█████████▄       
   ▄██▄▀▀██▀▄▄▄ ▐▌███▌▄▀▀ ▐▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄     
 ▀▀█████▀▄▄█████▄▐███▐██▄ ▄▀██████▐███▄▀█▄   
 ██▄▄▄▄  ▀▀██████▌██▌█████▐█▄▀▀██▌█████▐▄▀▄ 
▐█▀▀▄▄▄█ ██▄▄▄▀▀▀█   █████▌████▄▀▐███▌▄███▐█
 ▄██▀▀▀ ████████ ▄▄ ▄▀▀▀▀██▐▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▄████ █▌
 ▀███▀ ▄▄▀▀▀██▀▄██▌█▄▀███▄▄▄▐▐██▌█▌  ▐████▌██
  ▐██▐▌████▐▄▄████▐██▄▐████▌█▌██▄█▀█ ▌▀███▀▐█
   ▀▌▀█▐██▌██████▀▐███▌████▐██▐█▐▀██▌██▄▀█▐█▌
        ▀█▐███▀▄▄ ▄▐███▐██▌████▌▀████▐██▀▄█▀
          ▀█▀▄██▌██▄▐██▌██▐███▀ ▀████ ▀▄▀   
            ▀███ ███▌█▀ ▀ ▄▀███▌████▀▐█▀     
                 ▀▀▀       ▀▄▄█▌██▄▀▀       
                               ▀▀
kaasy.ai  ──────
Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain

TWITTER     2-PAGES PAPER     BTC ANN

█ ██       WHITEPAPER       ██ █

FACEBOOK     DISCORD     SUBSCRIBE

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: