Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:53:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: trading vs holding  (Read 3817 times)
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:33:50 PM

Under what circumstances is trading preferred over holding?
Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.

Usually, trade will be favored, when bitcoin experiences wild fluctuations.
As currently, in a relatively short period of time, we do know Bitcoin is capable of volatility in the form of 10x changes in price versus the US dollar.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 06:47:52 PM

Trading requires; proper analysis of the currency; much time and effort on trading platform- trying to get a good entry and exit points, while holding on the other hand requires little or no effort; as an investor, an analyst or a fund manager can just tell you the best time to put in money and relax for the capital to yield profit. I think i prefer holding in this case.

sheryl26

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:00:01 AM

Btc reaching 10k$ way before new year is a big shock,your opinions would be very helpful.

They are somehow the same for ne because on trading there are two things, you can either loss profit or gain profits because not all coins that you will trade will be successful that has a bigger price. While holding on the other hands you can also lose some or gain some because the value of bitcoins and all the other coins are volatile they always goes up or down. And the main difference for me is trading are active while holding are passive income because you just need to hold it and do nothing.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:17:13 AM

For me I doing both with portfolio Holding BTC 70% because the risk of hold it will be lower than day trading. And other 30% for day trade with aim to increase amount of BTC. Day trade indeed has bigger risk but also promising higher profit. By doing  Day trade with good money management and risk management will make consistent profit.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
shad_ow90

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:21:15 AM

Doing both of them are better than only do one thing. You could earn profits from both of them and they are all the best way to earn Bitcoins.

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Tamilson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:54:49 AM

Doing both of them are better than only do one thing. You could earn profits from both of them and they are all the best way to earn Bitcoins.

But if you knew to yourself that your lack of skills and knowledge in trading then just hold it.
Well the fact that some traders have at least some knowledge but still they experienced huge loses and it seems trading don't favor their side so they just leave trading alone and just be a bag hodler.  Sometimes when you're not good in one thing better to find and shift to others that can let you grow.

Happy Coding Life Smiley
ZCoinTalk

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:10:39 AM

Holding is of course the easiest way and with Bitcoin probably a pretty good choice.

Trading requires knowledge, experience and removing emotion from the equasion. If you can do that, there are nice profits to be made. Trading bots are used a lot because they can trade 24/7 and adjust quickly based on patterns.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:30:02 AM

Trading must do all of the time and if you want to hold, just hold it without any circumstances. Holding is the best thing to do with bitcoin and it has been with several challenges but it has been surpassed and bitcoin is still good and kicking. It's even shocking that there are people who are saying that bitcoin can reach $20,000 before this year ends but I highly doubt it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 08:45:43 AM

Holding is of course the easiest way and with Bitcoin probably a pretty good choice.

Trading requires knowledge, experience and removing emotion from the equasion. If you can do that, there are nice profits to be made. Trading bots are used a lot because they can trade 24/7 and adjust quickly based on patterns.
I usually call holding the Lazy man way since it is less risky and does not involve any activity than to just watch how it is fairing in your wallet based on its value to the USD. Trading as you said requires you to learn and the good thing is that once you set your mind to learn, anyone can do well. Once you do not have a strategy when it comes to trading, then you are gambling which is what some people do these days and they end up losing a lot. As far as I am concerned, they are both good based on how far you are willing to go, but for me, trading is just better maybe since I was able to learn and making a lot daily from it.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:30:07 AM

Trading is the fast way to generate income with bitcoin and it has a little risky too. while the investment is a little slow way to generate a high income but it is more safe way then the trading and has no risk and it has comfortable and you have time to manage your investment while in trade sometime you lost.
YourCoinIsMine

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:46:53 AM

I'd rather to hold, trading is too risky and I can't handle it.
Once I tried margin trading and lose over 1000$, so I won't be doing
it anymore unless I met a professional-
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 09:49:51 AM

Over the past year, BTC price is around $200 and if you managed to buy at that time with the given market value and still holding with the current price, then that's an incredible return. This gives HOLDING an advantage rather than TRADING. The principle of holding is just buy and pray for the future that it will reap incredible gains. It is a very popular tactic that can be use both by new or old timers. And with BTC and Altcoin prices grow in such a short period of time, then we can easily understand why this kind of approach is more accepted rather than any kind of investment tactic. Wherein trading, it requires a lot of knowledge, experience, effort and time that makes things more complicated than it actually sounds. However, as per my standpoint and understanding, both instrument is suited to a particular cycle, HOLDING = LONG-TERM and TRADING = SHORT-TERM. If you used both instrument correctly, it will give you better results.
shinchan123

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:21:09 AM

It actually depends on what standards one set in order for him or her to consider to trade. We all know that we just do no trade, because that would be careless. We often look at the increase and decrease of price. Now, we have certain standards if the increase is enough for us and that's the time we trade. For the mean time, we hold onto the coin that we have.
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:26:11 AM

Trading would be very effective if one does it right, however some skills would be usefull for passive income by trading, I recommend holding a coin till the value goes 2-3x and most of  the time the coin will get its all time high, just invest in some of the best projects around and in a few years you will will some very good gains.
Trading feels like useless when the market goes in madness , move like 20% to 40% within a week .
Just compare it when you do trade in that interval and just simply holding it .
The result holding will have better profit , even so far! I do have experienced in the last few weeks , and it was full of pain.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:34:00 AM

In case of Bitcoins holding is always preferred over trading as we can see that bitcoin has travelled a long way from just a few dollars to $11k this week in just a matter of years.You just need confidence and patience to hold bitcoins.Now in case of altcoins trading would be a much better option because altcoins can crash and we should trade it before it loses it's value.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:07:44 AM

They are somehow the same for ne because on trading there are two things, you can either loss profit or gain profits because not all coins that you will trade will be successful that has a bigger price. While holding on the other hands you can also lose some or gain some because the value of bitcoins and all the other coins are volatile they always goes up or down. And the main difference for me is trading are active while holding are passive income because you just need to hold it and do nothing.
The thing about all of them is just the risk level. We hold with the expectation of seeing the value increase, and we also trade with the same expectations. The difference here is that trading can help you increase what you are holding in quantity and quality as well as decrease if you do it wrongly.

Holding on the other hand, you only have the quality at your disposal which is the value of what you are holding increasing or not. It just depends on the level of risk each person is willing to take.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2226
Merit: 786

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:17:20 AM

This primarily depends on the abilities, skill, and determination you have when it comes to trading since it may involve a series of requests that differ from one service to another. Some people might require you to make campaign signatures for them or to translate certain sentences to a specified language. Though the pay may be high, you are also dealing with risk since there is always the tendency of your client scamming you after you are done with their requested service.

Holding bitcoins on the other hand requires time and patience. Though the risk might be similar to trading, holding bitcoins is based on the price of bitcoins in the market. In the event that the price drops, expect your coins to drop in price as well. It really depends on what you prefer to do but personally I would suggest holding and doing trading at the same time to maximize outputs and profits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
spartacuspro12

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:48:09 AM

That depends on the currency, if it is bitcoin then you should never trade. Just hold them for as long as possible.
nabilanur

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:00:34 PM

Holding  is better then daily trade.Because hold is gold.hold give you 2x 3x profits.Yet if you need small profit daily then do trade daily.
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:08:41 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2017, 12:31:39 PM by Wish 107.5

The simplest solution is to do both, set aside a small fraction for trading, around 20% of your total investment and use that for trading, and hold the rest.
Yes, put lesser amount in trading so you can save more of your investment and wait until the value increases so you can have more profit in trading. in that way saving some for investment and making smart moves in trading will make you more profitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: