Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:45:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin just a brand?  (Read 1503 times)
DronICO

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:01:36 AM

Litecoin is faster, monero is more private, ETH has smart contracts and there are much more altcoin with much more features, even Bitcoin Cash is faster than Bitcoin, but BTC keeps rising much faster.
Don't you think it's just because of the name?
Leading is everything in crypto industry. The first thing ppl learning about crypto is Bitcoin. So yes it's a brand now but for ppl like Roger Ver and a whole bitcoin.com team who trying to make money on this crypto hysteria.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nancy Lisa

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:11:51 AM

Bitcoin is the first decentralized currency, nowadays it's trending in the market, BTC got more attention than other currencies.
SantaGold

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:21:08 AM

I like to see bitcoin in the same light as a mathematical formulae. Its a governing codebase that every other cryptocurrency gleans from and its development both past and present sets a strong precedent for a new decentralized community driven economy. This is what gives it value.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:33:48 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 10:45:48 AM by bajigur894784

Litecoin is faster, monero is more private, ETH has smart contracts and there are much more altcoin with much more features, even Bitcoin Cash is faster than Bitcoin, but BTC keeps rising much faster.

I think so, but.. not just because of the brand, there is a fundamental thing that makes bitcoin increase faster / superior when compared with other coins.
okay, i'll make a little simple theory.
If we talk about bitcoin development, then we can look at the history of the spread and demand bitcoin.
I think the bitcoin spread is very good, so that means the demand will also increase and increase.
and the higher the demand, the higher the price.
This request itself also affects, one of them .. certainly not apart from the ease offered in bitcoin (if difficult who will use?). Grin Wink
and most importantly, if we look at the bitcoin supply itself, as we know that the amount of bitcoin is very limited.
so, if we simplify it, when "something" is amount slight .. but demand is getting higher, then the price will be higher.
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:41:13 PM

There are many coins that are technologically more effective than bitcoin. But it is used everywhere, because historically, all altcoins are traded to him. Bitcoin has the greatest popularity in society all over the world. Many startups use it's popularity and call their tokens in tune with bitcoin, replacing a few letters))

gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:57:25 PM

No.

BTC is (in my opinion) more decentralized than other coins, nearly all altcoins have a dev team which can publish updates for the network if they want (of course someone can hardfork too, but BTC has more contributers and dev resources), BTC on the other hand requires that nearly all users agree on an update (otherwise some users hardfork)

Bitcoin is not a brand, it's decentralized among all the altcoin.This is the one of the reason by that no one can control.But other prices of altcoin is control by some developers.This is the reason for price of bitcoin is always greater than the all Crypto currency.
colenax

Activity: 376
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

not. but bitcoin is the predecessor of all crypto, and tends not to be controlled by companies or groups. this makes the difference from all your crypto. I think so.

sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:38:53 PM

Bitcoin started all this is the reason that as much as new technologies were offered by many cryptos or alt coins bitcoin remains on top because it has able to established the trust of people towards bitcoin investment and the history of bitcoin will proof that none of those alts you mention can overtake bitcoin so far. Bitcoin is not a brand for me, its a legacy of a cryptos that will stay for a long period of time.

officerpants

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:42:11 PM

Bitcoin's a fun new mystery like that, right?  In one hand, it's this ephemeral thing that's a lot of theory and a lot of hashes that's hard to conceptualize as an 'item' (even a digital item, it's not like 'gold' in a video game that can be visualized).  But at the same time, it's a currency that's openly traded, used to order pizzas, and can buy you things.

Saying Bitcointm is a brand, is like saying the US Dollar is a brand.  It doesn't make sense.  It's a currency.  It's not a brand over the Euro or Yen, it's just another type of the same thing.

But at the same time, it's a product that's bought and sold on a market, and has an established 'perception' in people's minds.  For example, Walmart isn't necessarily a brand.  It's not a product to be bought and sold.  But you know Walmart when you see it, and when you associate with unfortunately dressed customers.  The same can be said about Bitcoin.  If you see it as a currency, then it's not a product, it's money.  But you associate with volatility, huge gains, decentralization, anonymity, and all that good stuff.

Repeating 'it's decentralized' doesn't make it less of a brand.  A brand is either a product that's bought and sold (like Nike or Pepsi), which should be referred to as 'brand name'.  A brand is also a perception in people's minds (like Walmart or Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders).

I think Bitcoin fits both of those definitions, as well as others.

It's a mystery Cheesy
olliepearl

Activity: 95

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 03:49:38 PM

In today's time, bitcoin is the newest cryptocurrency. Because it is the first decentralized digital currency. And it is trending in the market because the high price of bitcoin. Using bitcoin, you can invest your money and earn a large amount.

Oulay

Activity: 133
Merit: 37

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:03:40 PM

Bitcoin is not "just a brand", but I do agree that the name 'Bitcoin' being the first cryptocurrency had a great effect in its success.

My list of threads giving away merits: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048258.0
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:12:00 PM

I don't think that bitcoin is a brand but i will consider it as a gold standard for cryptocurrency exchange, just like US Dollar it is the standard currency for foreign exchange. Bitcoin was not the first one to conceptualized cryptocurrency but its core component like blockchain technology was more popular and it was patterned by some other cryptocurrencies and other networking security infrastructures used by large corporations.
Raigeki.

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:14:52 PM

all I can say that it the future money not just a brand.....
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:21:35 PM

Yes, which its name do really affect why its being adopted by the community and come to think off that this coin is the first crypto which it cant really be removed even how those altcoins would prove even more better from bitcoin because we did able to see how big is the support of people on the king of crypto.There might some good alternatives but we cant really remove the fact that bitcoin would still be the best choice might not on its full usage but for its benefits either on investment or asset.
william8829

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:23:37 PM

A large part of Bitcoins current success could very well stem from its name, its 'brand'.  Think about it.  If Bitcoin Cash somehow managed to sway the majority of investors earlier this month instead of failing what would we be calling it?  Still not sure, ask yourself how many investors have read Bitcoins whitepaper or have used Bitcoin to pay for something?
VIDEOsecure2

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:25:38 PM

No, it is not a brand. The brand is not a matter here. It is a cryptocurrency and the whole world is behind it.
dansmith_99

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:28:17 PM

I think bitcoin is certainly a name at this point in time, the reason being is that bitcoin is getting all the popularity right now. NASDQ is about to add bitcoin to its exchange so everyone is hearing about bitcoin. Not to mention that bitcoin just hit 10k and that is causing a huge stir in the world. People are suddenly trying to make a quick buck and buying into bitcoin.

I think bitcoin will stay dominant for a while, but in the end I think that bitcoin will be a store of value. Just like gold.
MaxSmith87

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:29:15 PM

all I can say that it the future money not just a brand.....
It’s absolutely true , of course it’s not just a brand and not just a virtual currency.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:29:48 PM

of course not. if bitcoin is just a brand, its price will not be as high as it is today. In fact, bitcoin is also used as a means of transactions by some people. so, of course bitcoin is not a brand.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Gustafio

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:30:47 PM

Ofcourse Bitcoin has become so valuable as it is because of its brand name. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency, and therefore the most famous one.
If people would buy the cryptocurrency that was the most practical to use then there are currently hundreds of altcoins that can do exact the same as Bitcoin, but better.

Right now Bitcoin is mostly a speculation object and "digital gold" though, but i believe that can change once the core developers carries out necessary improvements, which can give the currency greater opportunities.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: