Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:26:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin just a brand?  (Read 1503 times)
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:44:12 PM

Litecoin is faster, monero is more private, ETH has smart contracts and there are much more altcoin with much more features, even Bitcoin Cash is faster than Bitcoin, but BTC keeps rising much faster.
Don't you think it's just because of the name?
No it is not. It is because of the reputation that Bitcoin have established throughout the years of its existence. Bitcoin has a large community which generates high market demand that yields for high increase on its market value which other cryptos doesn't have. Bitcoin earned its popularity without ease. It gone through lots of ups and downs before achieving a reputation that it is currently having. So obviously, it is not because of the name or "brand" that OP is referring to.

dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:45:28 PM

Its bigger than a brand in reality, Its the main thing when it comes to the crypto world, I dont think it is replaceable.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
myhometalk

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:46:13 PM

what do you mean a brand? A brand of what?
marmeladko

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:46:35 PM

Bitcoin is the brand of all crypto currency. Many people perceive it as an indicator of a distributed network

Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:56:16 PM

Innovation, scalability, technology, engagement, profits, big goals and achievements...
If Bitcoin wuold be only a brand it would be the best brand ever!

But it is not only a brand, it is a crypto asset and it is also "the brand" that started and opened a market that reached 800B of market capitalization.
npredtorch
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:19:48 PM

Innovation, scalability, technology, engagement, profits, big goals and achievements...
If Bitcoin wuold be only a brand it would be the best brand ever!

But it is not only a brand, it is a crypto asset and it is also "the brand" that started and opened a market that reached 800B of market capitalization.

You forgot the high fluctuation description of bitcoin which make some investors to gain, and vice versa.
Also, it's crazy to think that bitcoin have reached an 800b cap where in, the world doesn't know who really Satoshi is.
An unknown "brand", "asset" etc (which ever term sounds good), yet still a very profitable thing.
tarlok01

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:02:32 AM

Bitcoin is not only a brand, It is the world's first block chain platform cryptocurrency which is just like a asset. It is now being accepted by many websites for online payments and it will make life easy in coming time.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:14:59 AM

Maybe it could be because of the name but I think it's all from the quality of technological sophistication and bitcoin will remain the number one, because the bitcoin as the first mother and coin created in this world
adamlillian

Activity: 459

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:51:01 AM

Litecoin is faster, monero is more private, ETH has smart contracts and there are much more altcoin with much more features, even Bitcoin Cash is faster than Bitcoin, but BTC keeps rising much faster.
Yes, I have thoughts like you. I see the project using the altcoin itself as Etherum. All transactions are through Etherum and have nothing to do with Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin is a brand to market electronic money. Or maybe it's because the value of Bitcoin is too large to calculate the meager amounts. I am really curious about this issue and would like to be explained by everyone. thanks.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
TWagner92

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:53:42 AM

Probably, the Price keeps rising is because of its reputation. Investors tries to put their money on the most Reputable investment in Cryptocurrency, also BTC is one of the most (if not) profitable of them all.
ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:08:47 AM

A new generation of cryptocurrency will be available in the near future but i think the position of Bitcoin will always be separate and important  because Bitcoin has changed our perspective on money.
triciaa478

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:11:06 AM

The brand satashi nakamoto made bitcoins is very strong. As you said there are more efficient coins but bitcoins with it troubles in network congestion and fees, It is the only crypto currency that an average person is aware of. Bitcoins is just a good brand which sells.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:48:39 AM

In economy brands are very important.
A company that has a brand can ask a higher price for a less quality product than other competitors.
It's all about what people think about a product, and the thinking of people can be influenced. That happens mostly by media.
Bitcoin was the first coin in the relative new field of crypto currencies. So it is clear that when people think of crypro currencies they first think of bitcoin.

Besides, when I look at the charts, bitcoin and the major altoins have started developing in similar ways. I don't see that btc keeps rising faster than the alts.

It's me!!!
Maxson

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:03:59 AM

It is brand new to few of us that just started trading and making little return but to others it has gain popularity and increasing with the concurrent currency after it.
raisedoncrypto

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 10:09:14 AM

I'm a branding and marketing guy, so I like the thought of Bitcoin as a brand. However, I'm not sure it entirely is.
Jeff Bezos once said 'a brand is what people say about you when you are out of the room'. So thinking about how most punters would talk about Bitcoin at the moment, they'd say it 'is cryptocurrency', unaware of most of the other products or currencies out there.

At the moment, to answer your original point, it is booming because it is the one generating the most PR. I've got a theory that this has been created by early investors - investing in PR to support the currency - to create growth and great returns. I think the general truth is thought that most people don't hear the Bitcoin story, they just hear 1000% returns, Billionaires https://raisedoncrypto.com/products/bitcoin-billionaire-impact-tee-2, etc

However, what does seem to be true is that the more people talk about Bitcoin, the more late comers come to the party, the better the other currencies do.

jops

Activity: 132

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:53:31 AM

Yes bitcoin is a brand for me. Because it has a value for me and to all off us. It is priceless and treasurable. Bitcoin is the first coin that appeared a long time ago. She was not as popular as it is now. When some one creat or develop or invented it is called already a brand. And a company that has a brand, produce a quality product to influence people. Just like bitcoin now. Thats why i called bitcoin a brand...
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:00:46 AM

Bitcoin is not just a brand. It is the biggest cryptocurrency. A promising cryptocurrency. So, for me, bitcoin is not just a brand it is something bigger than ahn it's name.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

A brand can only describe so much. Bitcoin has more features than you can ever imagine. It cannot even be described by the word Bitcoin itself. Besides, Bitcoin is the father of Monero, ETH and all others so why would you think that the father of all cryptocurrencies is just a brand. Bitcoin is the progenitor of all blockchain technology. Nobody knows anything about blockchain before Bitcoin came into the picture.

jbkg111816

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:32:06 AM

I think it is more than just a brand because it is the founder and the current coin which has the value in our market today. Besides it is something which provide financial benefits towards us.

Eroiy.io   |   PRE-ICO  [ Jan 30th - Feb 28th ]
████   Buy Tokens with 10% BONUS   ████ (http://eroiy.io)
becks7074

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:39:33 AM

Absolutely. I think many people including teenagers already know about Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: