Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:14:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158082 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 06:56:36 AM

Maybe the remaining BTC should be sent to an address that ONLY some REALLY reliable member from the community has the private key, so he would send/refund the coins to remaining users.

As I see it, either TF is a scammer or he isn't.

If he is, then why would he send me the coins to refund?
If he isn't, then why not let him refund them himself?

I don't see what value I can add to this.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 12:05:23 PM

Maybe the remaining BTC should be sent to an address that ONLY some REALLY reliable member from the community has the private key, so he would send/refund the coins to remaining users.

sounds like you are defending him?...

If he isn't, then why would he not take me up on my offer to call in the ninjas?  Cool
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:02:01 PM

The major concern now is that TF is asking for ID. He's already considered a scammer and many don't trust him with ID. Therefore many will lose a lot of coins which he KEEPS which was his plan all along. He thought he looked good doing partial refunds to begin with.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:11:02 PM

According to "mobile" a user at this forum. he/she was refunded in full. (Although small, isn't very fair to everyone else).

His profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=78098

Mobile quote:
I had 0.01252836BTC left in inputs.io wallet during the catrostrophic inputs.io hack of 2013. TF repaid this amount in full. Although I am still awaiting full repayment because I tested coinlenders demo and deposited virtual currency.
posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:21:59 PM

Enough is enough.  If you have lost any coins in this deal.   Report it to the Australian Authorities even if you live abroad.

He is guilty of at the very least fraud and theft.   All of you who deposited coins AFTER the hack, he has stolen your assets and is distributing them at his whim to those who lost money.   He is conducting essentially his own bankruptcy.   Both of these points in themselves are criminal.   On top of that, he's been operating a ponzi scheme.   He's done.   He has not, and will not report it to the police because he knows he will get thrown into a fucking cave and forgotten about for again running a ponzi and illegal bank.

You are not doing anyone any favors by not reporting him.   He is a criminal, make him pay.

strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:33:47 PM

The major concern now is that TF is asking for ID. He's already considered a scammer and many don't trust him with ID. Therefore many will lose a lot of coins which he KEEPS which was his plan all along. He thought he looked good doing partial refunds to begin with.

Where has he said that he is asking for ID?

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
MakeBelieve

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:35:44 PM

Many people including myself have messaged him enquiring about withdrawing our coins, or at least get a partial refund. However, he is now asking for ID for the withdrawal. There is a lot of discussion about this.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
strello

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:38:55 PM

Many people including myself have messaged him enquiring about withdrawing our coins, or at least get a partial refund. However, he is now asking for ID for the withdrawal. There is a lot of discussion about this.

Where is the discussion about him asking for ID?

My GPG key
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:40:50 PM

so he can pass it on ta who? ~ interesting... Roll Eyes
MakeBelieve

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:41:53 PM

There have been a few posts about it within this thread. Let me find more posts...I did see them somewhere.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324981.40 - Here's some discussion about it.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:43:13 PM

I only know of this guy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=328053.msg3550558#msg3550558
MakeBelieve

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:45:39 PM

I only know of this guy:

I've just linked some more posts which are stating the same. With TF current trust rating. What's stopping him from using our ID. 

rudystyle

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:50:03 PM

Chuck Norris kept 1 satoshi in inputs.io and now inputs.io belongs to Chuck Norris

Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:50:25 PM

It's true. TF is asking for ID for refunds. Although, ID does not prove anything. There was never any ID connected to the account before. Therefore, the ID would not prove anything. He's using this to keep our coins and run away with them because he knows a lot of people can't trust him. Who knows what he would do with our ID.

Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
MakeBelieve

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:51:28 PM

It's true. TF is asking for ID for refunds. Although, ID does not prove anything. There was never any ID connected to the account before. Therefore, the ID would not prove anything. He's using this to keep our coins and run away with them because he knows a lot of people can't trust him. Who knows what he would do with our ID.

Hi,

We've identified this request as suspicious based on proprietary rules. In order to protect the amount against fraudulent claims, please attach a copy of a government issued photo ID matching your name. This is used for verification purposes only.

Could you upload a picture of it? I deleted mine out of frustration.

strello

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 02:53:08 PM

I only know of this guy:

I've just linked some more posts which are stating the same. With TF current trust rating. What's stopping him from using our ID. 

OK, thanks. But it looks to me like it's just one case which he finds suspicious. Or are there more?

My GPG key
fildza

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Ask me anything if you have any problem

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 02:57:01 PM

It was nonsense for ask government ID. We never link to input.io with it

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
MakeBelieve

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 03:30:47 PM

I only know of this guy:

OK, thanks. But it looks to me like it's just one case which he finds suspicious. Or are there more?

Seems he's doing it for everyone now. If we can get confirmation from another member who has recently tried to withdraw it would be great.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:42:44 PM

sounds like you are defending him?...

If he isn't, then why would he not take me up on my offer to call in the ninjas?  Cool

In what sense does that sound like I'm defending TF?  I have no way of knowing whether inputs was hacked or if it was an inside job, so I'm not saying I do.

I've seen a few things from TF that make me unlikely to trust him myself, but that's not evidence that he's a scammer.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2013, 05:59:45 PM

It was nonsense for ask government ID. We never link to input.io with it

hes trying to cover his ass by implementing an after-the-fact AML/KYC system, or at least the appearance of it.
He must be feeling, or expecting to feel, heat from government financial authorities.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: