Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:11:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158092 times)
johhnny99

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 11:45:44 PM

I really like you website, but have a few question before I create a wallet account..

• I din't find any privacy policy. Can you please share a link?
  • Somewhere in this thread I read, you have our private key.. is that true? Why not do something like blockchain.info, where they don't have access to your wallet at all.
  • How do you store our personal information like email and IP? What if a gov agency ask you for any particular account? What information can you provide?
  • If your website gets taken down tomorrow by XYZ agency, do we still have our wallet or it's gone with you? Can we export or move to other service or a desktop client?
  • Do you support closing accounts? If yes, do you erase information from your systems?
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:47:59 AM

I really like you website, but have a few question before I create a wallet account..

• Somewhere in this thread I read, you have our private key.. is that true? Why not do something like blockchain.info, where they don't have access to your wallet at all.
  • How do you store our personal information like email and IP? What if a gov agency ask you for any particular account? What information can you provide?
  • If your website gets taken down tomorrow by XYZ agency, do we still have our wallet or it's gone with you? Can we export or move to other service or a desktop client?
  • Do you support closing accounts? If yes, do you erase information from your systems?

These are really good questions and need to be answered.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:00:34 AM

Great questions, please see https://inputs.io/faq#q1-4

There's a few reasons 'why not do something like blockchain.info':

Blockchain.info does have access to your wallet. You get all of your information from Blockchain.info's central servers. They could do a lot of things, like make you sign outputs to their addresses, make up transactions that were never transmitted, and if you use their API they have your private key already. Not to mention they can include malicious JS.

Features like mixing require control of private keys as well as off chain transaction. It's possible to use Inputs.io in a way that limits your counterparty risk to just that we won't double spend.

We have redundancy plans (aka 'dead man's switch'), both automated and manual. This isn't just for seizes / etc, the hot pocket will dump all coins in secure storage if it detects an intrusion.

Send an email to support@inputs.io if you'd like to clear our account, and we'll delete all info we have on you. It'll take longer for the data to be gone in backups.
johhnny99

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 07:38:16 AM

Thanks for answering. I would like to clear a few things.

Blockchain.info does have access to your wallet. You get all of your information from Blockchain.info's central servers. They could do a lot of things, like make you sign outputs to their addresses, make up transactions that were never transmitted, and if you use their API they have your private key already. Not to mention they can include malicious JS.
Are you talking about, when we create a wallet .. they are the one generating all this for us? How about if we rather create an account offline, and then add it to BlockChain.info?

Features like mixing require control of private keys as well as off chain transaction. It's possible to use Inputs.io in a way that limits your counterparty risk to just that we won't double spend.
What if we don't want to use mixer? Do you provide an option to opt-out, and get full control over your account.

We have redundancy plans (aka 'dead man's switch'), both automated and manual. This isn't just for seizes / etc, the hot pocket will dump all coins in secure storage if it detects an intrusion.
My question is can we move to other services if we want to? and can we add externally generated wallets? Something like an import/export feature.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:05:07 AM

Good points! What i also like about blockchain.info is the ability to import paper wallets or create watch only addresses, just for monitoring. If site goes temporarily down, i can still import my paper wallet elsewhere and without interruption.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:21:49 AM

Thanks for answering. I would like to clear a few things.

Are you talking about, when we create a wallet .. they are the one generating all this for us? How about if we rather create an account offline, and then add it to BlockChain.info?

What if we don't want to use mixer? Do you provide an option to opt-out, and get full control over your account.

My question is can we move to other services if we want to? and can we add externally generated wallets? Something like an import/export feature.

Happy to!

1) No, with blockchain.info you get pretty much everything from Blockchain.info's servers. Your transaction list, your balance, your outputs that you sign, etc.

2) There isn't a way to opt out at this time - turning on mixing also helps other users as you'll be contributing to our mixer volume Smiley

3) Yes. We also have watch only addresses and accounts (say, you manage a bunch of Inputs.io websites) on the planned features list.
johhnny99

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 08:47:50 AM

Happy to!

1) No, with blockchain.info you get pretty much everything from Blockchain.info's servers. Your transaction list, your balance, your outputs that you sign, etc.

2) There isn't a way to opt out at this time - turning on mixing also helps other users as you'll be contributing to our mixer volume Smiley

3) Yes. We also have watch only addresses and accounts (say, you manage a bunch of Inputs.io websites) on the planned features list.

Thank you again! Where can I learn more about the mixing process?
bitfromit

Activity: 329

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 10:02:21 AM

Hi TF,

I have just seen in your faq: "Tor detection - accounts that registered using Tor can use Tor, other accounts may not for security reasons".

1) I setup non-tor. So am guessing there is indeed no way to allow tor for this account?

2) If so, can we close and reopen a new acct with same email?

Thanks.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 12:23:01 PM

Hi TF,

I have just seen in your faq: "Tor detection - accounts that registered using Tor can use Tor, other accounts may not for security reasons".

1) I setup non-tor. So am guessing there is indeed no way to allow tor for this account?

2) If so, can we close and reopen a new acct with same email?

Thanks.

There is - please contact support@inputs.io and we can manually enable tor for your account.

We'll be adding extensive proxy lists too but also expose this option to the user after they've signed in of course. For now, just contact us Smiley
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:52:33 PM

Hi TF, I was wondering if it at all will be possible soon / now to import private key list from bitcoin-qt?
I use blockchain.info wallet along side my bitcoin-qt wallet(same keys in both) for ease of access and backup.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Mooshire

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 03:49:46 PM

Hi TF, I was wondering if it at all will be possible soon / now to import private key list from bitcoin-qt?
I use blockchain.info wallet along side my bitcoin-qt wallet(same keys in both) for ease of access and backup.

If you want to just sweep the keys, use http://www.bitaddress.org

As of now, there is no way to import specific addresses. You'll have to ask TF about that.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 04:38:29 PM

the hot pocket will dump all coins in secure storage if it detects an intrusion.

Interesting. I wonder how you do it.

Mooshire

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:46:31 PM

the hot pocket will dump all coins in secure storage if it detects an intrusion.

TF knows when he's being penetrated.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 12:22:51 AM

We're really limited on the amount of info we can share on this aspect. Maybe when we revamp it Smiley
Mooshire

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:22:55 AM

Darn it TF, I always get excited when you're the last poster because new features are cool. Make moar new stuff to feed my appetite for new stuff.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:22:49 PM

I lol'd... what if he's asleep?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:28:46 PM

Then we're screwed.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:30:54 PM

Then we're screwed.

Nonono... if he's the one being penetrated *he's* the one that is getting screwed, o.O

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:51:31 PM

Who are the website's devs?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Spenzert

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:33:21 PM

Who are the website's devs?

TradeFortress:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=67058

BTC: 1SpzM1yPu8SKPnr5zjn7ptXWGKFNywcoi | LTC: Lcz5RHPcxcrp63k1HNbAQUTQkUWon2RoMr
PGP/GPG Key
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: