Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:14:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158097 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 08:17:13 AM

You can sweep private keys to your Inputs wallet: https://inputs.io/sweep

Nice feature Smiley

yep, that's really nice!

bachus

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:36:42 PM

I assume sweeping incurs a miner's fee? You should state that on the page.
dilb3rt

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:41:07 PM

Developer here. It has a .0005 fee (blockchain's standard fee).
vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:06:56 PM

If you create a payment button with a fixed amount and select Lock amount field ->

in the resulting button when a user clicks on the BTC behind the amount field the amount gets removed and since it's locked can't be entered again.

BEEP BEP
Injust
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:25:59 PM

Developer here. It has a .0005 fee (blockchain's standard fee).

What happens if the address has so many inputs that the recommended fee would be over BTC0.0005? Will it deduct more from the user's swept address?
dilb3rt

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:27:51 PM

What happens if the address has so many inputs that the recommended fee would be over BTC0.0005? Will it deduct more from the user's swept address?

Nope, it will always be a flat .0005 fee.
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:32:46 PM

So will that mean that certain transactions will fail to be confirmed with that BTC0.0005 fee?
Because I have an address, 15eiAnGmwGVKSGjSKowcDw7N6CmhG7jfoo, that has so many unspent outputs that if only a BTC0.0005 fee is included, it will never confirm. So does that mean that the sweeping transaction will most likely never confirm?
dilb3rt

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:47:12 PM

So will that mean that certain transactions will fail to be confirmed with that BTC0.0005 fee?
Because I have an address, 15eiAnGmwGVKSGjSKowcDw7N6CmhG7jfoo, that has so many unspent outputs that if only a BTC0.0005 fee is included, it will never confirm. So does that mean that the sweeping transaction will most likely never confirm?

I'm not sure what would happen, I haven't tried sweeping an address with that many outputs.  I think your best bet would be to consolidate all your outputs first and then sweep it to make sure it will confirm, or (if you're gung-ho) just give it a go and see what happens.
vlees

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:10:05 PM

I just tried this and nothing happens (with many outputs).

Private key 5KJvsngHeMpm884wtkJNzQGaCErckhHJBGFsvd3VyK5qMZXj3hS

BEEP BEP
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:31:46 PM

Isn't that the "correct horse battery staple" brain wallet?
vlees

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:32:44 PM

Yes, and is has MANY unspent dust outputs.

BEEP BEP
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:33:07 PM

I'm not sure what would happen, I haven't tried sweeping an address with that many outputs.  I think your best bet would be to consolidate all your outputs first and then sweep it to make sure it will confirm, or (if you're gung-ho) just give it a go and see what happens.

I would consolidate all my outputs first, but the problem is that it would take a huge fee to consolidate it. And for your sweeping mechanism, is it designed to automatically add to the fee if BTC0.0005 isn't enough?
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:39:49 PM

LOL, I'm trying to sweep it too XD
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:01:28 AM

Yes, you'll need to include a much higher fee. Dust is bad, mkay?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:10:18 AM

The trick here is to do this:

Have at least 0.01 BTC you can use (the more you have, the better). Send it to the wallet where you are getting tons of dust at.
Every 60 transactions or so (you can do this at as few as you want, but 60 should be fine) send the entire balance to a new address. This will consolidate your dust, and because the total amount of output will be above 0.01 BTC, you can do it without a fee.

You can do this as often as you need and it will allow you to avoid any types of fees. Having more than 0.01 BTC is helpful because it increases your "priority" on the network, but 0.01 is fine as well. Based on my own trials, when I do this with 60 or so transactions and zero fees it will take around 12 hours or so to get confirmed, but that's not an issue since all I am doing is compacting dust anyways.

With how many unspent you have, this may not work as well. The best plan is to utilize this method from the get-go.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:28:40 AM

Have at least 0.01 BTC you can use (the more you have, the better). Send it to the wallet where you are getting tons of dust at.
Every 60 transactions or so (you can do this at as few as you want, but 60 should be fine) send the entire balance to a new address. This will consolidate your dust, and because the total amount of output will be above 0.01 BTC, you can do it without a fee.

You can do this as often as you need and it will allow you to avoid any types of fees. Having more than 0.01 BTC is helpful because it increases your "priority" on the network, but 0.01 is fine as well. Based on my own trials, when I do this with 60 or so transactions and zero fees it will take around 12 hours or so to get confirmed, but that's not an issue since all I am doing is compacting dust anyways.

With how many unspent you have, this may not work as well. The best plan is to utilize this method from the get-go.

Don't worry, I'm used to doing this XD But I heard somewhere that if you're not going to be using your Bitcoins for a while, then you might as well let the dust rest there for a while and wait for the priority to build so that whenever you actually have to use your Bitcoins, you can just consolidate them into one no-fee but high-priority transaction.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:31:51 AM

Don't worry, I'm used to doing this XD But I heard somewhere that if you're not going to be using your Bitcoins for a while, then you might as well let the dust rest there for a while and wait for the priority to build so that whenever you actually have to use your Bitcoins, you can just consolidate them into one no-fee but high-priority transaction.

You will always pay a fee if the transaction size is above 10kb, regardless of how much you are sending or how old the funds are. That is what you want to avoid (and is why I made my suggestion -- it ensures that you are keeping your transactions small enough to fit below the 10k threshold). If you have 11kb worth of transactions (I think this is around 80?), even if every input was for 100k BTC and you were outputting a single transaction of 8 million BTC, you would be forced to pay the fee because of the transaction size.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Injust
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:00:43 AM

You will always pay a fee if the transaction size is above 10kb, regardless of how much you are sending or how old the funds are. That is what you want to avoid (and is why I made my suggestion -- it ensures that you are keeping your transactions small enough to fit below the 10k threshold). If you have 11kb worth of transactions (I think this is around 80?), even if every input was for 100k BTC and you were outputting a single transaction of 8 million BTC, you would be forced to pay the fee because of the transaction size.

Yup, understood.
What I ended up sometimes doing was I grabbed the Bitcoin-QT client with the Coin Control mod by cozz, and used it to manually select the inputs. Because in the other client I use, blockchain.info's wallet, when you have 1 large unspent output, and a few hundred unspent outputs, and you want to send a transaction that uses the 1 large unspent output and a handful of the small unspent outputs as inputs, it'll try to include ALL the other small unspent outputs in the transaction too. No idea why Tongue
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:12:21 AM

Yup, understood.
What I ended up sometimes doing was I grabbed the Bitcoin-QT client with the Coin Control mod by cozz, and used it to manually select the inputs. Because in the other client I use, blockchain.info's wallet, when you have 1 large unspent output, and a few hundred unspent outputs, and you want to send a transaction that uses the 1 large unspent output and a handful of the small unspent outputs as inputs, it'll try to include ALL the other small unspent outputs in the transaction too. No idea why Tongue

Transactions always send the oldest coins first, unless manually told otherwise. Older transactions have higher priority, so that's why it works like this. The "age" is based on the average, so if you have a ton of year old dust transactions and one brand new 1 BTC transaction and you send all of them at once, your "age" is very small since the latest transaction is factored in. Ex:

You got 1 BTC a week ago. Age = 7 days.
You got 1 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send a 2 BTC transaction. Your coin age is 3.5 days.

On the other hand...

You got 6 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send 7 BTC in a transaction. Age = 1 day.

Injust
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:18:28 AM

Yup, understood.

Transactions always send the oldest coins first, unless manually told otherwise. Older transactions have higher priority, so that's why it works like this. The "age" is based on the average, so if you have a ton of year old dust transactions and one brand new 1 BTC transaction and you send all of them at once, your "age" is very small since the latest transaction is factored in. Ex:

You got 1 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send a 2 BTC transaction. Your coin age is 3.5 days.

On the other hand...

You got 6 BTC today. Age = 0 days.
You send 7 BTC in a transaction. Age = 1 day.

Yeah, I knew that Tongue That's why using Coin Control, I can send my large unspent output (roughly BTC1) with a handful (maybe 10) small unspent outputs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: