Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:52:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158084 times)
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:01:32 AM

indeed, if there were 4100 coins in the hot pocket, he should easily have 10k in cold storage.
That'd be great, but it's not the case. The majority of the coins were on the 'hot pocket' which was hacked Lips sealed.

Why did this change from a few days ago, when people were complaining about a too-small "hot pocket"?

I think they were probably aware of the problem but were trickling in what funds they had to the hot wallet.  Just my opinion.. could be completely wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:01:39 AM

TradeFortress might have enough personal coins to pay everyone back 100%.

Time to get your cold wallet out TF...
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:04:26 AM

indeed, if there were 4100 coins in the hot pocket, he should easily have 10k in cold storage.
That'd be great, but it's not the case. The majority of the coins were on the 'hot pocket' which was hacked Lips sealed.

Why did this change from a few days ago, when people were complaining about a too-small "hot pocket"?
The hack occurred on 2013-10-26.

and you just now noticed?
If you actually read about what has been going on instead of jumping to the "Post" button, the attack was detected in hours but it was only announced today as we investigated and explored our options.
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:05:00 AM

If the hack occurred on 10-26 and i transferred in 25 BTC this afternoon (us central), shouldn't they still be there to refund?
xaviarlol

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:05:27 AM

Inputs is dead and you'll need to find a new service provider. I don't recommend storing any Bitcoins accessible on computers connected to the internet.

What about CoinLenders?  Is that dead too?

Just received an email about my coinlenders coins.

Hi,

This claim involves CoinLenders which will be handled soon. Due to major hacks, Inputs does not have enough BTC to repay everyone fully which has also affected CoinLenders. If you have had balance shown on Inputs.io, we're dividing up the coins we do have left based on a sliding scale, and have sent it to the specified address. On your Inputs account, your balance should have flipped to the negative to indicate you've received a refund.

We apologize sincerely for the lost Bitcoins. It's been a very hard lesson for us, and we're sorry that we have to pass it onto our users. Please respond to the email if you have any queries.

Lol, it affected CoinLenders too?  what a magical "hack" that was.

Funny thing is this scammer is going to send back a percent of the coins to try and scam again later.

Funny if it will work again. After all Nefario is setting up and exchange. Amir is doing some wallet and Zhou hacked himself twice.

BTC land sure is funny.

Just going to interject here and explain to you that you are a moron.

If you honestly think TF is scamming, you are either:
a) Incredibly stupid (likely)
b) Ignoring many simple facts, such as TF still posting here and sending out refunds.

If this was a scam, he would have disappeared. Secondly, of course CL and IP are linked, how is that so hard to believe?

In closing, you are moronic, and have no idea what you are talking about.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:05:53 AM

Where is that "AND ITS GONE!" South Park graphic when you need it...

NOOO, I lost a lottt!!!

I still hope he hill return some of the money! I have a lot at coinlenders!

Thank you Chaang Noi (Goat). That made me full warm and fuzzy inside! Cheesy
snuff

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:06:22 AM

So you do have the coins I deposited yesterday but I cant have all of them back?
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:07:19 AM

If you actually read about what has been going on instead of jumping to the "Post" button, the attack was detected in hours but it was only announced today as we investigated and explored our options.

I have many problems with this.

• "We" refers to one person, am I correct?
  • Why were deposits and withdrawal not disabled?
  • If the hack occurred in October, how is it possible API keys were compromised in November and money was stolen?
  • Why was the "hot pocket" not immediately emptied after the hack?
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:09:20 AM

• If the hack occurred in October, how is it possible API keys were compromised in November and money was stolen?

I don't understand how people who made deposits to inputs (then onto coinlenders) well after the attack are out money.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:10:18 AM

Gives new meaning to:

gramma

Activity: 194

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:11:36 AM

And allowed people to continue to deposit, as I did??

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:12:19 AM

I don't understand how people who made deposits to inputs (then onto coinlenders) well after the attack are out money.

Yeah me either. Too many shady things that don't make sense here...

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:12:44 AM

1. No. Inputs.io isn't just me, although I do the majority of the work.
2. They were in limited capacity. A withdrawal amount limit didn't work as people simply broke up.
3. The hacker dumped API keys and PIN from the DB. API keys (re)generated after the hack haven't being stolen.
4. The attacker didn't take all of the BTCs, perhaps wanting to remain undetected and steal more.

The amount has been withdrawn in full by other users. There was a limit designed to prevent much of that, but it was per transaction and people got around it.

And allowed people to continue to deposit, as I did??

Please don't, although if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis, specify that in the email.
mccoyspace

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:17:00 AM

The amount has been withdrawn in full by other users. There was a limit designed to prevent much of that, but it was per transaction and people got around it.

Then this puts coinlender customers in the same camp as the inputs customers. We should be included in this same pool and not be handled at a later time. (unless there are other coinlender-specific assets in play, like incoming funds from outstanding loans, etc).
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:17:32 AM

Where is the best place to read about what has been going on?  This is the first I have heard about the hack having happened back in October.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
skitchen

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:18:03 AM

Then this puts coinlender customers in the same camp as the inputs customers. We should be included in this same pool and not be handled at a later time. (unless there are other coinlender-specific assets in play, like incoming funds from outstanding loans, etc).

I don't understand this either. Hopefully an explanation will hit us very soon...
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:24:29 AM

Either way, I'd like to know ASAP how CoinLenders refunds will be handled.  I was only using my Inputs wallet as a gateway into CoinLenders.  And now it's impossible to actually make a withdrawal out of CL.  It registers on the CL side, but not on the Inputs side.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:26:21 AM

Either way, I'd like to know ASAP how CoinLenders refunds will be handled.  I was only using my Inputs wallet as a gateway into CoinLenders.  And now it's impossible to actually make a withdrawal out of CL.  It registers on the CL side, but not on the Inputs side.

I had a look at CoinLenders and all my CDs are missing.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:26:56 AM

this. also, the coinlenders coins should be "safe" with lenders, or am I wrong?

mccoyspace

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:28:25 AM

I had a look at CoinLenders and all my CDs are missing.

My coinlenders account page looks fine. CDs are there.

.... at least the numbers on the screen are pretty....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: