Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158084 times)
snuff

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:29:02 AM

And allowed people to continue to deposit, as I did??

Please don't, although if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis, specify that in the email.

I received most of what was left over from a deposit yesterday but not 100%.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:30:13 AM

Why is the community not demanding the most obvious demand?

TradeFortress, you failed. Time to get out your personal cold storage and start paying everyone back.

You failed and must pay the price.
mccoyspace

Activity: 237
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:30:17 AM

From the coinlenders thread, if you haven't seen it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283756.msg3505927#msg3505927
gramma

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:32:52 AM

Just received most of what I had deposited on October 27th, the day after the hack was discovered.  It wasn't a lot of coin, but it was to me, and I salute TF's efforts.  Immediate responsiveness, contrasted with Roman/bitfloor.

As I have said in another thread, while I am angry at how this happened, I am not accusing TF of being a scammer.  I've always told my kids that making a mess is regrettable, but leaving it is really bad.  TF seems to be trying to clean up. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I remain hopeful at this time that I won't lose the larger amount in Coinlenders.

BTC: 1MrNRPo7p8DEyxn87c9BCGwrbatBQeCHc1
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:35:09 AM

Either way, I'd like to know ASAP how CoinLenders refunds will be handled.  I was only using my Inputs wallet as a gateway into CoinLenders.  And now it's impossible to actually make a withdrawal out of CL.  It registers on the CL side, but not on the Inputs side.

I had a look at CoinLenders and all my CDs are missing.

My coinlenders account page looks fine. CDs are there.

.... at least the numbers on the screen are pretty....

weird, my CDs are still missing.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:36:39 AM

@goat business opportunity. We start a web wallet, give it 3 months when the balance is about ~$5-10million or more. I can do a better job, I make sure the server catches fire, the datacenter's fire system will happen to be off that day for testing Wink. NO backups we pay 30% to people and buy a ferrari and island. Lets do it. Cause all these people are still wanting inputs to come back.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:44:55 AM

@goat business opportunity. We start a web wallet, give it 3 months when the balance is about ~$5-10million or more. I can do a better job, I make sure the server catches fire, the datacenter's fire system will happen to be off that day for testing Wink. NO backups we pay 30% to people and buy a ferrari and island. Lets do it. Cause all these people are still wanting inputs to come back.

Make sure you have a good cover story. Wink

1. Server caught fire.
2. A thief broke in and stole the servers.
3. Hackers did this....
4. Hackers did that....
5. A hacker kidnapped me at gunpoint and made me give him the password. Don't worry about me, I am fine now! He only got away with...

Rinse and repeat.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:45:30 AM

From the coinlenders thread, if you haven't seen it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283756.msg3505927#msg3505927

Thanks
kactech

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:50:20 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 11:32:24 AM by kactech

@TradeFortress I had ~0.08 0.09 btc on two wallets, it isn't much(yet!) but I really don't understand "only >1 deposit refund policy", looks like a lot of smaller pockets refunding some big pockets... because those first cannot harm you here?
EDIT: paid
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:52:26 AM

Just received most of what I had deposited on October 27th, the day after the hack was discovered.  It wasn't a lot of coin, but it was to me, and I salute TF's efforts.  Immediate responsiveness, contrasted with Roman/bitfloor.

As I have said in another thread, while I am angry at how this happened, I am not accusing TF of being a scammer.  I've always told my kids that making a mess is regrettable, but leaving it is really bad.  TF seems to be trying to clean up. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I remain hopeful at this time that I won't lose the larger amount in Coinlenders.

I mostly agree with this assessment.  TF is honest and will do the best he can.  His reputation up to this point has been very good.  

I'm always amazed by how quickly the cynicism surfaces and the accusations fly at the first sign of something going wrong.
RoboCoder

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 06:54:22 AM

I mostly agree with this assessment.  TF is honest and will do the best he can.  His reputation up to this point has been very good.  

I'm always amazed by how quickly the cynicism surfaces and the accusations fly at the first sign of something going wrong.

I agree with this 100% - i just hope i can get the coins back i deposited this afternoon.
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:54:27 AM

I have many problems with this.

• "We" refers to one person, am I correct?
  • Why were deposits and withdrawal not disabled?
  • If the hack occurred in October, how is it possible API keys were compromised in November and money was stolen?
  • Why was the "hot pocket" not immediately emptied after the hack?
1. No. Inputs.io isn't just me, although I do the majority of the work.
2. They were in limited capacity. A withdrawal amount limit didn't work as people simply broke up.
3. The hacker dumped API keys and PIN from the DB. API keys (re)generated after the hack haven't being stolen.
4. The attacker didn't take all of the BTCs, perhaps wanting to remain undetected and steal more.

I don't understand how people who made deposits to inputs (then onto coinlenders) well after the attack are out money.

The amount has been withdrawn in full by other users. There was a limit designed to prevent much of that, but it was per transaction and people got around it.

And allowed people to continue to deposit, as I did??

Please don't, although if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis, specify that in the email.

Wait so YOU decided when you were Inside Jobbing it up to leave a bunch unstolen?

Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:55:34 AM

Because you weren't here when Pirateat40, GLBSE, Bitcoinica, & Alberto happened. I'd be cynical too...
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:56:59 AM

When will TF be importing his offline wallet to pay back all his customers.

Why does the person who failed get to keep his coins when everyone else loses?
CrazyRabbi

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:59:22 AM

I vote for a Scammer tag for TradeFortress and can we just outright call the FBI this time?

I mean pirate eventually got caught by the Federal Reserve I dunno why we didn't just call them from the start?  Cheesy

rynmln

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:00:12 AM

I've just received a refund as well. He really is doing his best from what it seems. There will always be speculation as to what happened and what is happening. That's life. What is apparent now are his actions which are forthcoming and outright. It's hard to deal with the cynicism on these forums sometimes which may be why he's just doing business on a case by case basis outside of these forums.
CrazyRabbi

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:01:03 AM

I've just received a refund as well. He really is doing his best from what it seems. There will always be speculation as to what happened and what is happening. That's life. What is apparent now are his actions which are forthcoming and outright. It's hard to deal with the cynicism on these forums sometimes which may be why he's just doing business on a case by case basis outside of these forums.

Of course he can pay back the coins... He's the one that stole them  Roll Eyes

skitchen

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:01:28 AM

Something going wrong in this case equals over 1 million dollars worth of bitcoin being left accessible online... Oh you know, nothing to worry about - bloody cynics.
fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:03:13 AM

Guys, please stay calm, TF did partial refund which pirates won't do.. Lets just wait for TF to come out with a solution...

katie.mckinley

Activity: 131

old user name chris3spice

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:03:32 AM

Because you weren't here when Pirateat40, GLBSE, Bitcoinica, & Alberto happened. I'd be cynical too...
I was here for Pirateat40 and GLBSE, never touched Bitcoinica and I've actually never known about Alberto...

I'd still like to keep a little faith though, I know scams do happen and I know big ones do happen, I'm not saying this is or is not a scam its just the only person to know 100% is TF and you're either going to believe him or not and we've seen both sides posting. We can speculate and raise evidence all we want but we will never know 100% unless someone can get undeniable proof, not just well its TOO CONVENIENT that this happened and based on past people and blah blah blah...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: