Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:01:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158084 times)
CrazyRabbi

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:04:20 AM

Guys, please stay calm, TF did partial refund which pirates won't do.. Lets just wait for TF to come out with a solution...

A solution that benefits him in the biggest way possible right?  Cheesy

Wait...  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:11:20 AM

@TradeFortress I had ~0.08 0.09 btc on two wallets, it isn't much(yet!) but I really don't understand "only >1 deposit refund policy", looks like a lot of smaller pockets refunding some big pockets... because those first cannot harm you here?
This is because the mass majority of users had less than 1 BTC and he can pocket the majority of the funds.

Btw about a month ago, I caught TradeFortress systematically scamming the Ripple Faucet @ RippleGiveaway.com and had to ban him.  His thievery seems to be habitual.

Once someone shows you who they are, believe them.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:13:12 AM

Please don't, although if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis, specify that in the email.

TAT, I have fund in coinlender from BTCINVEST partial liquidation 2013-10-31 01:22:40.
This is after the hacking, I expect to receive 100% plus the remaining liquidation, right?
I already sent email information. Fyi. Thanks.
snuff

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:16:26 AM

Yes I got most of my coins back but I just deposited yesterday, I should get all of what was remaining from the deposit not most. If I had known there was a problem I never would have deposited.

Also the partial refund is still unconfirmed more than an hour later. Is that a problem?
kactech

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:25:04 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 11:31:01 AM by kactech

@TradeFortress I had ~0.08 0.09 btc on two wallets, it isn't much(yet!) but I really don't understand "only >1 deposit refund policy", looks like a lot of smaller pockets refunding some big pockets... because those first cannot harm you here?
This is because the mass majority of users had less than 1 BTC and he can pocket the majority of the funds.

Btw about a month ago, I caught TradeFortress systematically scamming the Ripple Faucet @ RippleGiveaway.com and had to ban him.  His thievery seems to be habitual.

Once someone shows you who they are, believe them.
Thanks, it's getting clear now, this thread is filling with "oh, I've got my coins back, thank you TF" - thank me! paid
Bitalo_Maciej

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Lead developer

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:36:10 AM

Also the partial refund is still unconfirmed more than an hour later. Is that a problem?

He did many Bitcoin transfers lately, so it might be that the transfer is now "low-priority", which means that it'll arrive eventually, but it may take more time.

Web wallets get hacked all the time. Computer wallets get hacked all the time as well.
Solution? Hybrid P2SH wallets - safer than your online and offline wallets combined. Check it out, store and trade your Bitcoins with ease of mind!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:37:11 AM

Yep, the small fish can't pursue him, or won't because the losses are so small, so he's giving preferential partial refunds to those who can.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:43:13 AM

I have many problems with this.

• "We" refers to one person, am I correct?
  • Why were deposits and withdrawal not disabled?
  • If the hack occurred in October, how is it possible API keys were compromised in November and money was stolen?
  • Why was the "hot pocket" not immediately emptied after the hack?
1. No. Inputs.io isn't just me, although I do the majority of the work.
2. They were in limited capacity. A withdrawal amount limit didn't work as people simply broke up.
3. The hacker dumped API keys and PIN from the DB. API keys (re)generated after the hack haven't being stolen.
4. The attacker didn't take all of the BTCs, perhaps wanting to remain undetected and steal more.

I don't understand how people who made deposits to inputs (then onto coinlenders) well after the attack are out money.

The amount has been withdrawn in full by other users. There was a limit designed to prevent much of that, but it was per transaction and people got around it.

And allowed people to continue to deposit, as I did??

Please don't, although if you deposited very recently you should get 100%. It'll be handled on a case by case basis, specify that in the email.

I recently deposited over 10 btc's and only get 50% back? help please!!! I did not even know about the hack till today!
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:43:50 AM

I just leave this here I for when you realize you are not getting your coin back.

Philip Moustakis
Senior Attorney
Division of Enforcement
New York, NY 10281-1022
(212) 336-0542
moustakisp@sec.gov

Even is you are not in the US an email with details of your individual circumstances will help get an investigation launched.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:44:16 AM

Yep, the small fish can't pursue him, or won't because the losses are so small, so he's giving preferential partial refunds to those who can.
Or perhaps that refunds are performed by hand, and processing refunds for those with larger balances is more important at this stage compared to processing refunds for people who collected from faucets.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:46:57 AM

The hack was not an inside job. I find people who accuse that insulting.

I would think you would be more insulted that people would believe you to be careless enough to leave a million in bitcoins sitting on a server, hosted by Linode of all people. I don't believe for a second that you are that incompetent.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:50:19 AM

Or perhaps that refunds are performed by hand, and processing refunds for those with larger balances is more important at this stage compared to processing refunds for people who collected from faucets.

Hello Inputs.io Team:

My email account is boy80711@gmail.com

Amount on the wallet is 11.0245 BTC

wallet address for inputs.io wallet is 1Lav15qbhMhLQFVq2pzEmR7mg91Sawwkeh

please send funds back to 14uCg7jQPBxZE3qrDWAMb7cnJ8T72J316N

Thank you

I sent this while I appreciate TF for refunding, but I just deposited like recently on the 5th, I hope I can get as close to most of my coins back as I can, please help.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 07:56:46 AM

Using an online wallet is like using an uninsured bank. If it gets robbed then you get robbed. They are convenient for small amounts, but I can't understand why anyone would leave large deposits uninsured.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kactech

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:58:05 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2013, 11:30:19 AM by kactech

Hehe, $25 aren't even worth direct quote, just faucet collector - no man, those were bought, also there is nothing abt processing queue, just >1. paid
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:07:04 AM

Hehe, $25 aren't even worth direct quote, just faucet collector - no man, those were bought, also there is nothing abt processing queue, just >1.

I think we are consider to be in the same boat, I am selling signature and I should get about 0.12BTC in 10 days time....... I believe in TradeFortress as he didn't run away like the rest did. Ask yourself what would you do if you are TF and things like this happen?

1) Run away with the rest of the money?
2) Give back whatever is left in the wallet..

Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:10:08 AM

I was lucky to withdraw BTC1.2 on the 4th, and wasn't aware of any problems until this morning!
Signed up on the 21st of October and tested it with a few transactions, totalling about BTC3.5.
I am suspicious of any service, where I do not control the private keys (this also means that I don't keep more than BTC0.2 in the pools), so I decided that the convenience was not worth the risk and withdrew almost everything.
Still had BTC0.04832345 ($13.5 at today's rate) in there, which it seems I will never see again...

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 08:10:38 AM

Is he referring to himself?

I like how he responds and disparages people who held less than 1 BTC, but doesn't deny trying to steal from the community Ripple Faucet @ RippleGiveaway.com.

"TradeFortress Trust: 179: -1 / +77(77)"  lol... what a total joke

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 08:39:15 AM

You can replace DefaultTrust, you know. 2kool4skewl
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:07:18 AM

Forgot to ask TF,

When will we be able to send the coins which are still in our wallet?
Apparently you should get a refund if you emAil inputs.io.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:24:01 AM

Forgot to ask TF,

When will we be able to send the coins which are still in our wallet?
Apparently you should get a refund if you emAil inputs.io.

I had a balance below 1 BTC so I am not eligable for a refund :S. I still have some coins in my wallet (they were sent after the attack), but I can't withdraw them.
Yes, you're still eligible for a refund, just after larger amounts. Send an email to support@inputs.io anyway with your BTC address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: