Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:59:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Inputs.io | Instant Payments, Offchain API, Secure Wallet, 235k+ BTC transferred  (Read 158084 times)
bludstem

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:35:19 AM

What I don't understand is why he can't get the IP Address of the hacker(s) handle it like any other hack then tax on the bitcoin loss to the charges?

As a web developer surely he knows tools to identify the ISP of the hacker and pursue justice one way or another to not only have the hacker to be prosecuted and law enforcements could find each and every wallet that the stolen funds were sent to and do a full legal refund.

Obviously since everyone knows the hacker's wallet that it was sent to, he or she would be stupid to spend the coins. Not only that but also I am sure that the hacker if there really is one, is reading each and every post on here watching as every update is released and taking in the glory of his or her work.

I honestly do not have an opinion on the situation. My loss was only 0.02 BTC, however I am skeptical as the last month that I was on TF's other site things seemed slightly odd like he was starting to hate every member.

It does annoy me quite a bit that nothing is being done to deal with this supposed hacker. As a passionate member of the community I want justice. I also want people to get refunded.

He did it points to a place near him, look thru this thread.

I was referring to the statement he made saying he was going to do nothing about it in the audio clip ^. With an IP address it can be traced directly back to an IPS even if the hacker used IP hider services like proxies or VPN's. From there the ISP would legally have to give out the location and MAC address tracing the connection directly to a single computer and with the timestamp the exact person operating the computer can be identified. If it was an automated script or a remote connected those can be traced as well. In other words if he tried he could nail this hacker to the wall with proof.

I am simply commenting on the fact that I am skeptical because there seems to be no effort to actually hold the hacker responsible for his or her actions. Also the faster the hacker is found the more likely that every single BitCoin could be recovered from the wallets on his or her computer. In a situation where money is concerned time is important.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bludstem

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:44:27 AM

I red everything up to date. I was just posting my opinion on the situation. I have been quiet about this since my faucet was forced out of business the other day. I have not received word about my 0.02 BTC. I am not so concerned however because others lost a lot more than a few USD from this situation.
moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:48:22 AM

What I don't understand is why he can't get the IP Address of the hacker(s) handle it like any other hack then tax on the bitcoin loss to the charges?

As a web developer surely he knows tools to identify the ISP of the hacker and pursue justice one way or another to not only have the hacker to be prosecuted and law enforcements could find each and every wallet that the stolen funds were sent to and do a full legal refund.

Obviously since everyone knows the hacker's wallet that it was sent to, he or she would be stupid to spend the coins. Not only that but also I am sure that the hacker if there really is one, is reading each and every post on here watching as every update is released and taking in the glory of his or her work.

I honestly do not have an opinion on the situation. My loss was only 0.02 BTC, however I am skeptical as the last month that I was on TF's other site things seemed slightly odd like he was starting to hate every member.

It does annoy me quite a bit that nothing is being done to deal with this supposed hacker. As a passionate member of the community I want justice. I also want people to get refunded.

I was referring to the statement he made saying he was going to do nothing about it in the audio clip ^. With an IP address it can be traced directly back to an IPS even if the hacker used IP hider services like proxies or VPN's. From there the ISP would legally have to give out the location and MAC address tracing the connection directly to a single computer and with the timestamp the exact person operating the computer can be identified. If it was an automated script or a remote connected those can be traced as well. In other words if he tried he could nail this hacker to the wall with proof.

I am simply commenting on the fact that I am skeptical because there seems to be no effort to actually hold the hacker responsible for his or her actions. Also the faster the hacker is found the more likely that every single BitCoin could be recovered from the wallets on his or her computer. In a situation where money is concerned time is important.

You really don't have idea about this or you think you do and is incredibly wrong. With an IP address alone you can prove nothing.

I didn't bother looking at which IP addresses were pasted, but if it involves Tor then this would require so much cooperation that you have no chance here. If Tor isn't involved, it could still involve a couple of service providers, and several (but most likely all) of them would require proper documentation before providing any kind of information from their clients to a stranger. Even if the guy connected directly from his ISP and this ISP decided to cooperate, he could claim his computer was/is infected and someone else used it to make the attack. This would involve lawyers, and I don't believe anyone has any case against TF to make this worth.

Here is what happened guys: you gave your bitcoins to some random site, which has "hacked". TF is paying back in full all the service fees received: 0. Good luck to all.
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 04:54:15 AM

i'm beginning to think he knows exactly who made off with the cash!Why would he not take me up on my offer?  Roll Eyes hmmmm
bludstem

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:00:18 AM

You really don't have idea about this or you think you do and is incredibly wrong. With an IP address alone you can prove nothing.

I didn't bother looking at which IP addresses were pasted, but if it involves Tor then this would require so much cooperation that you have no chance here. If Tor isn't involved, it could still involve a couple of service providers, and several (but most likely all) of them would require proper documentation before providing any kind of information from their clients to a stranger. Even if the guy connected directly from his ISP and this ISP decided to cooperate, he could claim his computer was/is infected and someone else used it to make the attack. This would involve lawyers, and I don't believe anyone has any case against TF to make this worth.

Here is what happened guys: you gave your bitcoins to some random site, which has "hacked". TF is paying back in full all the service fees received: 0. Good luck to all.

I was referring to the fact that he isn't getting police involved. All of those barriers could be broker. Any criminal hacking that deals with money can be dealt with by police if he chose to do so. I mean think about Kevin Mitnick. No money was involved and they finally caught up to him, even though he was living under a false name. If TF got police involved something could be done, however he states that they can not do anything. This is simply not true. The guy who hacked the Halo game servers and downloaded source code to the at the time upcoming game, was using Tor. The police found him within 3 days of the hack. Next we look at Kim DOTCOM he was found even though he was hiding well under proxies as well.

If police were to get involved and hacking is all that is needed then justice could be served. The unwillingness to get justice for this crime just makes everyone here more skeptical.
moderate

Activity: 98

nearly dead

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:10:56 AM

I was referring to the fact that he isn't getting police involved. All of those barriers could be broker. Any criminal hacking that deals with money can be dealt with by police if he chose to do so. I mean think about Kevin Mitnick. No money was involved and they finally caught up to him, even though he was living under a false name. If TF got police involved something could be done, however he states that they can not do anything. This is simply not true. The guy who hacked the Halo game servers and downloaded source code to the at the time upcoming game, was using Tor. The police found him within 3 days of the hack. Next we look at Kim DOTCOM he was found even though he was hiding well under proxies as well.

If police were to get involved and hacking is all that is needed then justice could be served. The unwillingness to get justice for this crime just makes everyone here more skeptical.

Oh boy, aren't you forgetting the most important detail here ? In all those situations you list, the company involved in finding the attacker/hacker/etc was a legitimate company. Are you really comparing TF to Microsoft (regarding Halo) ? Or the government when comparing Mitnick and Kim ?
bludstem

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:19:50 AM

Oh boy, aren't you forgetting the most important detail here ? In all those situations you list, the company involved in finding the attacker/hacker/etc was a legitimate company. Are you really comparing TF to Microsoft (regarding Halo) ? Or the government when comparing Mitnick and Kim ?

I am unsure of TF's business license status. However smaller sites have gotten justice. I just named bigger names as more people would know those brands. Though as long as he has a business license (even if it is a non profit organisation license, he could do something about it. Where I live any theft of value $500 USD or more can be reported as a crime, whether it's money, property, or even online property. I do not know how the theft of property works in Australia, as I have never been outside of the USA. However I would hope that they would honor a loss of 1.2 million USD worth of online property as a legitimate crime.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:57:48 AM

Whoa.... I lost 0.98 ... ... dang. (ok, i think i actually have less, but ... )

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:04:33 AM

received (unconfirmed), small balance, got over 80%.

simple-dice

Activity: 59

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:14:45 AM

received (unconfirmed), small balance, got over 80%.

Wow...  I got 61%...

100+ confs, 24+ hours, still unconfirmed...
m19

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:15:16 AM

Really hate the fact the transactions were sent without a fee, I'd gladly had that fee deducted from my payment. It's been over 24 hours now and still no confirmation...
simple-dice

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:20:01 AM

Really hate the fact the transactions were sent without a fee, I'd gladly had that fee deducted from my payment. It's been over 24 hours now and still no confirmation...

@m19, me too...  It's annoying.
BitHub

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:21:28 AM

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-08/massive-bitcoin-robbery-hits-australian-website/5078054
ChaosFox

Activity: 178

Certified fox posing as a cat posing as a human

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:26:48 AM

I see some activity from his address. Looks like he's starting another round of payments.

Look! An ad-free signature!
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:36:29 AM

The only surprising thing about this clusterf-ck is that MNW hasn't wagered yet that everyone will get their money back.
simple-dice

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:40:22 AM

How unfortunate I get my BTC w/no fee and am forced to wait days (25 hours so far), but now you're refunding people with a fee..?

Disappointing,.
quimpstar

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:47:42 AM

How unfortunate I get my BTC w/no fee and am forced to wait days (25 hours so far), but now you're refunding people with a fee..?

Disappointing,.
At least you got refunded..
m19

Activity: 186

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:54:30 AM

Disappointing,.
At least you got refunded..
Can't know for sure till it's confirmed  Wink
mobile

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:59:58 AM

how many hours passed from when you sent support an e-mail with an address until you got your BTC?

1MoBi1eNbqh8QMuvtZjYzQGV8NEckJJYcT rep|GnuPG <3 CLAM <3
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 07:46:39 AM

I got mine too. About a little more than 81%.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: