Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:05:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2019 - the end of 90% altcoin?  (Read 19917 times)
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:52:16 AM

These tokens will later be of high value in the future and give you an advantage.But over the course of many failures after ico even when ico walked they did not reach hard cap ,, coin fate is not clear its future.In this case that needs to be done is to invest must be right, so that losses can be minimized.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 01:53:25 AM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

I think this will become a huge set back for icos if they will not deliver. Come to think of it, for all the investment we give to these development and no amount of effort invested from the developing team, its like funding them for their own selfish gains. As investors we look at how we benefit from our investments. In 2019 if the icos will not deliver then it would probably be the end for them.
JGreg96

Activity: 602
Merit: 144

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 02:07:16 AM

As vitalik said, the 99% of the ICOs will fail. This will happen because the market will become aware of the fact that a lot of projects don't need a blockchain and other projects have competitors and the market will choose the winner, the others will fail.

BTCBTCBTC
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:43:39 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2017, 12:53:18 PM by lighpulsar07

well that's true ICOs are booming these days and because of this, many companies are having a hard time to attract to attract investors to fund their ICOs as a result, many ICOs failed to reach their goal and also the problem with these ICOs when they reach the required quota to initiate their plan they just ran away and scam us.

Do you guys think we the investors will be less interested in ICO in the following years as we gradually learn that we might not get our money back if we are stuck with these coins? And the number of the good coins will increases and people have more choices to diversify rather than just put the money in BTC and ETH?

Yes they will get less interested to ICOs and they will switch to Altcoins sooner or later since many projects don't need a blockchain and also because of scam ICOs the trust of people in ICOs reduced.
Acguy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:45:10 AM

If you look back at the top alt coins from a few years back they aren't even relevant today.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:48:51 AM

Who says this? Its very different to say this, but most of short altcoins won't last... maybe not 90% will go away but mostly... so its very dangerous market situation and nobody knows whats going on Wink Grin
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:38:42 AM

Those investing in altcoins are definitely more selective than they use to be.  People actually research in the team, vision and expect products before tossing huge amounts of money into the project.  The days of just having a cool coin name and website is long gone.   
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 06:00:29 AM

Yes most probably we will see scenario like that only. Because there is no way people are going to be scammed forever and the new comers will understand the real deal about the altcoins pretty soon. These projects are literally made for the purpose fund raising and I have gut feeling that they do make the use of these funds to grow their real life business but they never ever share the profits which are rightful. This is due to the fact that everything here is decentralised and there is no way to catch them up. They can put tag of any prove they want and they can manipulate the prices the way they want. So I’m confident enough that this won’t be lasting for much longer and everything will collapse in the future. So no more shitcoin. There will be something bigger and completely straightforward like the way we have the bitcoin.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:08:24 AM

I think by 2020, about 99 percent of altcoin is going to die, because their value is just speculation, but nothing.
im not agree. ICO will keep lasting and live. the value will keep as long as the token have a function. in a few next year there will be many ico coming out that offering services by using their token. i believe as long as the token have a good function and its for good the project will able to maintain their project and able to develop their coin value. that is my opinion regarding yours statment but its true that many altcoins will be die cause i dont think its usefull for dailylife and not really used by poeple

palapeseta

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 08:18:43 AM

It's ridiculous to think of bitcoini just as an integer. Transfer can also be done with fractions. So I do not think bitcoin has a supply problem. Consider 1 satoshinin is a dollar.
and the fees?   for one satoshinin you pay a million satoshinins of fees
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:46:36 PM

Some of them will really die as the projects will not have a success, but I am not sure the percentage will be so great. I can admit that at least half of altcoins will be quitted and they would become useless.
dogs2thefilm

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:33:12 PM

Several altcoins have already been outed as scams and others will have trouble really growing or scaling their businesses. You have startups with very little experience starting a company raising $30m+ in uncharted territories a lot of the time. Even in the rosiest of scenarios that sounds like an incredibly risky venture.
NaissuR

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:38:17 PM

there will be more and more side-chains and tokens..
i dont believe that 90% of them will die.. it will be part of our life and everything will be connected with bridges from protocol to protocol

leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:41:40 PM

I think most of them will still remain by 2020. But others with bad projects will not rise by mid 2018. Eventually, some of the altcoins will die.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
SamDummy

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 01:59:16 PM

Since we have an exploding amount of ICO started from mid this year and most of these projects says they will have at least a prototype around end 2018 to 2019. Many of hear ICO projects will delay the release date, but nevertheless many of them should have something by the mid to end 2019.

What will happen to these ICOs that cannot deliver the promise? They will become zombie coin, as we have see the confido cases as I suspect there will be much more project fail down the track. And only a few hat will be among the top 25 coins with working project.

Here it is 2019. Yes, it is already clear how many projects did not take place - since no one really needs them.
90% already at the start promise fairy tales.
I am selecting working projects in the list on http://workingcryptos.com/en/ . You can offer and chat on this topic here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5028218 .
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:10:28 PM

I see that altcoin will not end in 2019, and investors will also continue to increase with the assumption that investors will be smarter in investing in ico altcoins this year, because they have learned a lot from experience in 2017 and 2018.

robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2019, 02:17:00 PM

I'm checking if this post was edited and I don't have any hint that it was edited at all, it was posted December 2017 and some of his analysis are all correct damn good analysis and prediction and no one merited this guy only me how come.

maaldaz

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 02:49:32 PM

Some coins will die, that is possible. but to reach the number of 90% from all of the altcoin that available in the market, that is a little bit hard, or even not possible at this moment. because many of those coins still has some value even it's just a really small value.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2030
Merit: 161

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:28:03 PM

The title is more or less right on the mark. Majority of ICOs that happened last 2 years are already dead; they didn't bring forth the product they promised to deliver. Many people also lost money to scam projects which damaged their trust towards it.  Anyway, the trend is moving on to STO so maybe after a year the ICO market will completely be gone.

ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
March 10, 2019, 03:37:12 PM

Some coins will die, that is possible. but to reach the number of 90% from all of the altcoin that available in the market, that is a little bit hard, or even not possible at this moment. because many of those coins still has some value even it's just a really small value.
yes, if you see a lot of altcoin, i'm sure there are a lot of good altcoin in market, so even though there are many altcoin that die, it won't reac 90 % .
my estimate is that in 2019 50 % of altcoin will die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: