Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:49:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer My Entire Savings to Cryptocurrencies?  (Read 3990 times)
sarjilcse

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:32:00 PM

I am at a point in my my young life where I need to make a decision about my finances. I have a good amount of money saved up in my Robinhood account, and I have been putting it in the stock exchange, making a steady but positive return. Keyword here is positive. I am very conflicted right now because I think I can earn more money trading cryptocurrencies, but the risks are so much greater.

I have a couple good alt-coins in mind that I would like to buy, but don't have the capital because it's all tied up in stocks. Also, is there even a reputable enough exchange that I can put ~$50,000 in and not worry about it getting hacked or stolen? I mean, with stocks, if in the off chance that my account gets hacked, they still need verification before money can be sent, and my money is ensured by the government. With cryptocurrencies, once it's sent, I have zero chance of getting it back.

What should I do. Should I move all my money from stocks to cryptocurrencies? And if I do, which exchanges are reputable enough? I currently use Binance and have only $1000 in there.

Well, i think Crypto currency investment is quite different to stock investment and there's no crypto currency exchange that will refund all your investment if any hack issue occur which is why I think it every important not be greedy in terms of crypto currency investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:55:24 PM

Do not put all your eggs in one basket. You can still keep part of your money in stocks while you take some to cryptocurrency. If you want to invest in crypto just buy bitcoin now and hold it. You can have look at www.blcochain.info for your secured wallet. Please do your own independent research on the site before putting money there.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:22:57 PM

Do not put all your eggs in one basket. You can still keep part of your money in stocks while you take some to cryptocurrency. If you want to invest in crypto just buy bitcoin now and hold it. You can have look at www.blcochain.info for your secured wallet. Please do your own independent research on the site before putting money there.

I think  he does know that by now since he is a  Hero member and with good trust rating.
To all the newbies that will read here. I hope you got some time though instead of just blasting of some posts to add to your activity.
You have your choice but think about the safety also. You will still need to have something to pull out whenever the crypto market goes down. Leave some cash on your house or the banks if you can. Do not risk it all in crypto. That is not a wise move.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:41:16 PM

Probably the recommendations of the previous people here are good, but i wanted to share that I, personally, put ALL of my savings in cryptos. Why? I only had 1000$  Roll Eyes

I can only advise to diversify between the assets and use Poloniex & Bittrex next to Binance.

Good for you but what if you have more savings. I think it is not good decision to put all of the savings in a single investment.  But if the person is willing and so ready to face the consequences, then invest it.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

I have done that! Few times. I thinkg it depends on the person that you are and also on actual ammount of your entire savings money you have

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:53:31 AM

I think you should only transfer part because the value of cryptocurrency fluctuates so much that it can increase the money in your account but can also reduce your money quickly.
Transfer what you think is extra and you want to make maximum use of it. Converting all to crypto is not a bad idea, though it is having risk but there are greater chances of making good money as well. So if you think your monthly income is enough for supporting your expenditures, there is no need to think too much about the conversion. If you need to buy car or house with savings, invest small portion first.
Huy Mai

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:35:18 AM

Don't, you should have a backup plan. Just invest the amount of money you are willing to lose guys!
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:47:00 PM

for me, i will not put all my savings in crypto.I would rather invest fifty percent of it and keep the other half.Just in case myinvest doesn't work good,i still have money left to be used.Not all of us are lucky in one type of a business so you still have money left to capitalized for another business
Me too I wouldn't dare to transfer all my savings to cryptocurrencies though we all know that investing in cryptocurrencies are profitable but it was unstable and constantly changing so you can't make sure that you're investment will turn out into a profitable one. Maybe just divide your savings that you're going to invest.
As long as my money is not compromise or time bounded for payment of anything then I will put it into crypto currency because I believe that I can make it double or even 10x higher if i'm going to invest and hold for my selected Altcoins, although there is some risk but we know that everything has its own risk that need to be address to avoid some consequences to come in.

I agree with your method. However, i think that 2018 may be the last year when we will be able to do so. Prices are quite big for the moment and even x10 may be the rare phenomenon.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:05:54 PM

I am at a point in my my young life where I need to make a decision about my finances. I have a good amount of money saved up in my Robinhood account, and I have been putting it in the stock exchange, making a steady but positive return. Keyword here is positive. I am very conflicted right now because I think I can earn more money trading cryptocurrencies, but the risks are so much greater.

I have a couple good alt-coins in mind that I would like to buy, but don't have the capital because it's all tied up in stocks. Also, is there even a reputable enough exchange that I can put ~$50,000 in and not worry about it getting hacked or stolen? I mean, with stocks, if in the off chance that my account gets hacked, they still need verification before money can be sent, and my money is ensured by the government. With cryptocurrencies, once it's sent, I have zero chance of getting it back.

What should I do. Should I move all my money from stocks to cryptocurrencies? And if I do, which exchanges are reputable enough? I currently use Binance and have only $1000 in there.

It is just fine to store or invest your earnings and savings in crypto if you have enough savings to use. However, it is not advisable of you'll put all your money at risk by investing it in crypto since we all know that nothing is stable here. You should still put limits for it. Know how to handle your finances well.
cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:33:21 PM

it is nt at all advisable to transfer all ur fiat money savings to cryptocurrencies u should invest only what u can afford to lose then only u will make profits
Biggapp

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:11:17 PM

Don't, you should have a backup plan. Just invest the amount of money you are willing to lose guys!
This is not a wise decision. The crypto market is never certain and is full of uncertainties. These uncertainties can harm you any time in the form of red market. To escape to loose all your savings, you need to invest only a limited or small money in crypto and invest the remaining in property or save in some saving account. This will help you stay safe and able to invest further in crypto if desired.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:36:48 PM

Well we all know that there is always a risk in investing your money so for your entire saving I think you should really think about it,
Take some time to think about it and for me I suggest that only put some money in crypto and make some profit from it.
karthcrypt

Activity: 266

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:39:46 PM

You should not put your entire saving into one class of asset!  Savings should be savings not investment.  Your investment fund should have been developed and accumulate to the extent that you can  gamble with it. 

Topaz72

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:13:55 PM

I think you should only transfer part because the value of cryptocurrency fluctuates so much that it can increase the money in your account but can also reduce your money quickly.
Transfer what you think is extra and you want to make maximum use of it. Converting all to crypto is not a bad idea, though it is having risk but there are greater chances of making good money as well. So if you think your monthly income is enough for supporting your expenditures, there is no need to think too much about the conversion. If you need to buy car or house with savings, invest small portion first.
To earn huge money it is not a bad idea to take risk if you have money you will invest in trading of bitcoin or directly investment can be done, I think now  day price of bitcoin is not very high so a little effort can give you high profit, if you are in need then try to save some money for it so you will not have to sell at panic, as if you have 100% of saving then invest 90% of in trading and investing but keep that 10% for you any of emergency or any need of money.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:19:08 PM

Think it is good decision to invest in Crypto as it is possible to achieve higher ROI with them than with stocs.
I believe in Crypto but only 30% of my savings is there, other 70 % in stocks, Fiat and other businesses.
It is risky to hold money on exchanges, it is better to hold the long term investment on a Ledger
Only the coins we trading with is recommended to leave on Exchanges.

wvizmanos

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:27:39 PM

A good piece of advice i received from my mentor was not to put all your eggs in one basket. I guess this still holds true even in the advent of cryptocurrencies where rewards are greater compared to the traditional stocks. This way you still have a fallback to one if the other goes south.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:34:27 PM

The wrong move transfers your all saving on the crypto is not a proper plan. If you do it, I’m sure you will judge you mostly your family. The appropriate way of saving money is to split your funds into two or 3 categories. Saving on the bank, saving for the emergency, saving on crypto. If you want to save your money on the crypto, put all the amount that affordable to lose.  The crypto is to volatility that is the reason you will do is not a proper strategy.   
ulages

Activity: 74
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 12:12:47 PM

That would be tremendously risky. So you should better avoid picking all the money there. Risk will be too high

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:55:21 AM

That would be tremendously risky. So you should better avoid picking all the money there. Risk will be too high
If you are young and is not married then you can invest all of your money in cryptocurrency. For a family person it is not possible to invest all hi money in crypto because crypto is not regular business and you cannot take profit on monthly basis. He would have to keep some money for his daily needs and financial problems. We can only invest extra money in crypto.
tumokatok

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 05:56:30 AM

if you do verify this correctly than you do not have a chance to steal your money because the scammer does not have a chance to hack if you have the right verification for the mobile code and pin and verification and logic is also good because everyone wants to be safe and secure, Crypto exchange good and safe too because when you use any exchange, they have some relevant security verification
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: