Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:41:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:32:47 PM

So you are betting that difficulty is at a point where it will plateau soon?  Looking at all the hashpower that appears poised to start mining, I would expect it will be a while before we see that plateau.  I would be glad to be wrong about that though.

It'll definitely plateau. Not in 3 months for sure. Maybe in 6 months. Definitely before 12 months.

That seems like a reasonable assessment - but it also means a 400GH rig purchased at >$8000 in November 2013 will never ROI, I think.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jc328

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:33:46 PM

So you are betting that difficulty is at a point where it will plateau soon?  Looking at all the hashpower that appears poised to start mining, I would expect it will be a while before we see that plateau.  I would be glad to be wrong about that though.

It'll definitely plateau. Not in 3 months for sure. Maybe in 6 months. Definitely before 12 months.

At the current rate,  6 months seems most likely at this point.
DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:34:12 PM

Will megabigpower be offering a discount for November orders?
 I dont know but no one know and by that time maybe all miners stock might be gone when Aug. order delivery ship out.
My intention is not to be rude, but if you don't know, then don't reply. You are just wasting everyone's time, most of all the OP's. The only person who *may* know is Dave.

You are right and we dont know anythings then no way  Dave will low price in Nov. also bad for Oct. buyers.

I don't intend to do presales after the October batch ships.  This means we intend to have product in-stock.  Prices will probably go up, not down.

I was just using the mining calc at thegenesisblock.com - and it claims that my October delivery full kit will never reach ROI if it actually ships in late October, and starts mining November 1:

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/281853d744

If this is an accurate assessment, how can the price for the same equipment go UP in November?  Presale or not, it will never come close to ROI, unless BTC is a lot more than the $120ish it is as I write this.  What am I missing here?

If you believe that difficulty will be over 1063 MM in Feb then you should not be mining. This graph/calculator is only good at predicting short term difficulty and nothing more as it assumes the rise in difficulty will be linear and never taper off.

Feb-14   1063   132   $688   $647   $(1,390)
Mar-14   1765   219   $414   $373   $(1,020)
Apr-14   2930   364   $250   $209   $(812)
May-14   4863   604   $150   $109   $(703)
Jun-14   8073   1003   $91   $50   $(653)
Jul-14   13401   1665   $55   $14   $(640)
Aug-14   22246   2765   $33   $-8   $(648)
Sep-14   36928   4589   $20   $-21   $(669)
Oct-14   61300   7618   $12   $-29   $(698)

So you are betting that difficulty is at a point where it will plateau soon?  Looking at all the hashpower that appears poised to start mining, I would expect it will be a while before we see that plateau.  I would be glad to be wrong about that though.

Definitely not a bet but just an understanding of math that difficulty increase is not a linear progression and cannot be used for more than 3 months or so regardless of who is shipping what.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:38:18 PM

Definitely not a bet but just an understanding of math that difficulty increase is not a linear progression and cannot be used for more than 3 months or so regardless of who is shipping what.

I think we all understand the math - and that means we understand that the increase could theoretically get even steeper before it gets less steep.  None of us know what will happen for sure.

I'm just saying that I think the evidence suggests that a 400GH unit bought at >$8000 in November will probably never ROI.  I could be wrong.  YMMV.  All standard disclaimers apply.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
DrJoeGrine

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:48:05 PM

I think we all understand the math - and that means we understand that the increase could theoretically get even steeper before it gets less steep.  None of us know what will happen for sure.

I'm just saying that I think the evidence suggests that a 400GH unit bought at >$8000 in November will probably never ROI.  I could be wrong.  YMMV.  All standard disclaimers apply.

Fair enough.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:08:28 PM

do we have any background of rep on Bitfury? I did some searching in the rep forum but no dice.

Isokivi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:31:54 PM

do we have any background of rep on Bitfury? I did some searching in the rep forum but no dice.
Tier 1. Fpga mining hardware manufacturer, whoms hardware would of have been a huge succes the first time around if BFL hadn't countered with outright lies about performance and delivery times... and the hardware ended up being vastly profitable for anyone who bought it.

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:52:12 PM

Tier 1. Fpga mining hardware manufacturer, whoms hardware would of have been a huge succes the first time around if BFL hadn't countered with outright lies about performance and delivery times... and the hardware ended up being vastly profitable for anyone who bought it.

Sweet, ive only heard good things about bitfury. i just dont want to get stuck in pre-order limbo while the diff skyrockets. I may order once the units are in hand.

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:03:22 PM

Hi guys - expedited shipping is up on the site.  I decided to offer one option only - for $199 we will ship any order of any size overnight (or international expedited).  Please no credit cards for August orders - this must be paid in advance.  If you want to use your credit card for October orders, please wait until I get the CC processing in place.

Here's the particulars:

This flat fee will upgrade your shipping to Priority Express overnight if you are in the US, or Global Express if you are International.

We estimate this shipping will provide a 1-3 business day shipping time.

***All packages require signature on delivery***  Make sure you track your package and make arrangements to sign for it!

We will make every effort to combine your orders if quantities allow. 

Please order (1) Expedited Delivery per order you want to expedite.

mdbssm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:16:55 PM

Hi guys - expedited shipping is up on the site.  I decided to offer one option only - for $199 we will ship any order of any size overnight (or international expedited).  Please no credit cards for August orders - this must be paid in advance.  If you want to use your credit card for October orders, please wait until I get the CC processing in place.

Here's the particulars:

This flat fee will upgrade your shipping to Priority Express overnight if you are in the US, or Global Express if you are International.

***All packages require signature on delivery***  Make sure you track your package and make arrangements to sign for it!

Dave,

Which courier is this with?
ssi

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:20:57 PM

What is the "non-expedited" option for chips only?

18xEDfc7y1Nzm2kmLvwYq56xwwEz4Fdh6
rustyh17

Activity: 213

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:40:38 PM

Here's the particulars:

Dave, here are some shipping questions for August delivery products:

1. What is standard (included) shipping method and expected lead time?
2. Where is shipping originating from (USA or international)?
3. Will both standard and expedited methods be "trackable"?
4. If we have multiple orders (that you intend to combine), would that be 1 expedited fee total?
5. Can you make sure the Fedex girl is gorgeous? It will help make the delivery experience be just that much more enjoyable... Wink

Thanks,

Rusty
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:06:57 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 11:34:19 PM by EvilLizardApparel

WARNING FOR BITPAY USERS

I am not sure if this is an isolated issue, however... I opted to pay with a non-integrated client, meaning I just copied the address from the invoice and withdrew to it from an exchange account. The invoice expired anyways... Encase this is not just me, I would pay through an integrated client if possible.

If that made no sense, or others have paid from an exchange account successfully, disregard.

EDIT: If you try to pay like I did, copy the text from the invoice including the Bitcoin address its having you send money to. You can give this to support if the invoice expires, and they can verify through the blockchain if it was truly paid. Really glad I did that, they are trying to figure it out for me now. they resolved the issue and the invoice is paid  Smiley

Dave said he's encountered this and it's no big deal  Smiley
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 10:33:43 PM

WARNING FOR BITPAY USERS

I am not sure if this is an isolated issue, however... I opted to pay with a non-integrated client, meaning I just copied the address from the invoice and withdrew to it from an exchange account. The invoice expired anyways... Encase this is not just me, I would pay through an integrated client if possible.

If that made no sense, or others have paid from an exchange account successfully, disregard.

EDIT: If you try to pay like I did, copy the text from the invoice including the Bitcoin address its having you send money to. You can give this to support if the invoice expires, and they can verify through the blockchain if it was truly paid. Really glad I did that, they are trying to figure it out for me now. they resolved the issue and the invoice is paid  Smiley

I have had people pay late on a BitPay invoice - they just hold the funds in a separate account until I tell them to apply it - its not a problem.

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:37:01 PM

Greetings miners,

Open hardware on an empty cardboard box.

You guys truly are bitcoin miners!

Cheesy

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 10:38:04 PM

Here's the particulars:

Dave, here are some shipping questions for August delivery products:

1. What is standard (included) shipping method and expected lead time?
2. Where is shipping originating from (USA or international)?
3. Will both standard and expedited methods be "trackable"?
4. If we have multiple orders (that you intend to combine), would that be 1 expedited fee total?
5. Can you make sure the Fedex girl is gorgeous? It will help make the delivery experience be just that much more enjoyable... Wink

Thanks,

Rusty

1. USPS standard - probably 5 days for US domestic shipping.
2. Shipping will originate from US
3. Definitely tracking numbers and signature delivery is required on all packages
4. *If* I can combine orders it will be a single fee.  I don't know how well I can track this.  If you have multiple orders that are spaced apart by a few days, chances are less.
5. I googled "hot fedex girl" and I'm sorry to say, they must not exist.

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 10:39:55 PM

What is the "non-expedited" option for chips only?

Depends on where you are - I sent UPS to Canada and it took 1 week.  For US domestic, we've been using flat-fee boxes from USPS - shouldn't take more than 5 days.

bkpduke

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 10:40:38 PM

Here's the particulars:

Dave, can we just send you a FedEx label on our account to ship with?  Might be easier for some of us.
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 10:41:32 PM

Here's the particulars:

Dave,

Which courier is this with?
Its USPS for domestic, but they say they partner with FedEx for overnight.  The option I'm providing is all overnight shipping.

buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 10:42:05 PM

Here's the particulars:

Dave, can we just send you a FedEx label on our account to ship with?  Might be easier for some of us.

Absolutely - coordinate closely with Yvonne (sales@megabigpower.com) so it doesn't fall through the cracks.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: