Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:25:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:38:16 PM

has anyone noticed that the hashrate of the hardware setup as compensation for starter kit buyer has reduced to 508 gh/s from 1600 gh/s

@Dave / @JaredR26 - Can you guys have a look at this please. May be the miner needs a restart. Thanks,

https://i.imgur.com/9wAuxHA.png

FYI. It has been going down sharply. Now it is at 305 gh/s

Its currently around 915 Gh/s.

I have full respect and happiness that dave has decided to host my starter kit until m-boards are available, but it would be *better* if my 25gh/s portion of the total in that account actually maintained at >24Gh/s, rather than swinging between 16-27 gh/s (mostly on the low end)

54 starter kits @ 25ghash = 1.35 TH and the last few times i checked on the api key, its been in the 550-1100 Gh/s range

I cannot stress enough that dave is doing all he can, and is doing a tremendous job of it, but if the m-boards and subsequent order shipment are still over a week(s) away it would be nice to see the pool hashrate upgraded just a little bit to be a consistent 1.35 TH/s (considering many of the delivered kits have 25-35gh/s with the bonus EOL gear). Again, full congrats to dave, but its not over until the fat lady ships... Smiley

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:53:12 PM

It was mentioned previously that only 36 orders are left not 54.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
JaredR26

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:24:13 PM

Dave, can you give us an idea of the schedule now based on the Fab delay?  Specifically, does it look as though the delay will affect October orders?

October orders are not affected by any August delays at this point.  If anything they are a learning experience to streamline the process.

Do you have any idea when October orders will ship? There is a huge difference in potential earnings between an early October deliver and a late October delivery. Given how fast the difficulty is increasing, and the fact that there will likely be three difficulty increases in October, having such a large delivery window makes it impossible for a potential buyer to make an informed decision.

I have no information or insight into this.  In fact, I doubt that Dave could answer this either.  Speaking from my experience with other ASIC suppliers though, it is exceedingly difficult to give estimates accurate to even a week with Asic timelines involved- Many different suppliers, individuals and sources must come together all at once for the date to be hit.  We put the same pressure to deliver fast and reliably on our suppliers that we feel from our customers, and they often give us overly-optimistic date estimates.  We add time estimates to compensate for this, but it doesn't mean we will be more accurate than what we were given.  If anything the Bitfury team tends to come closer to their estimates than other suppliers, if that is any consolation.

If we give you an estimate and something outside our control causes us to miss that estimate, it reflects very poorly on us regardless of whether it was preventable.  I can assure you that A. we will be doing everything we can to anticipate blockers and delays to prevent or work around them, and B. we will communicate timelines with you as soon as we are confident that we can hit them.  We won't be "shipping in two weeks" forever like other companies.  Thanks for understanding.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:38:13 PM

I have no information or insight into this.  In fact, I doubt that Dave could answer this either.  Speaking from my experience with other ASIC suppliers though, it is exceedingly difficult to give estimates accurate to even a week with Asic timelines involved- Many different suppliers, individuals and sources must come together all at once for the date to be hit.  We put the same pressure to deliver fast and reliably on our suppliers that we feel from our customers, and they often give us overly-optimistic date estimates.  We add time estimates to compensate for this, but it doesn't mean we will be more accurate than what we were given.  If anything the Bitfury team tends to come closer to their estimates than other suppliers, if that is any consolation.

If we give you an estimate and something outside our control causes us to miss that estimate, it reflects very poorly on us regardless of whether it was preventable.  I can assure you that A. we will be doing everything we can to anticipate blockers and delays to prevent or work around them, and B. we will communicate timelines with you as soon as we are confident that we can hit them.  We won't be "shipping in two weeks" forever like other companies.  Thanks for understanding.

Dave and team did hella-good on most of his first batch, but then again so did Avalon (who later crashed and burned hard). Best of luck finishing batch-1. Do an even better job on batch-2!

Buy & Hold
Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:54:04 PM

Dave and team did hella-good on most of his first batch, but then again so did Avalon (who later crashed and burned hard). Best of luck finishing batch-1. Do an even better job on batch-2!

I'm hoping that Dave & company are farsighted enough to pump some of their profits back into more product so that "Batch" becomes meaningless and "Off the Shelf" becomes the name of the game.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:57:52 PM

I'm hoping that Dave & company are farsighted enough to pump some of their profits back into more product so that "Batch" becomes meaningless and "Off the Shelf" becomes the name of the game.
That's not possible unless you are ok with used units that are mining while waiting "on the shelf"  Unless it's tiny usb sticks or at a certain point I'm sure the 25GH units will join their fate no significantly larger Gh units would just sit there waiting for a buyer when they can be generating BTC.

Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:55:18 AM

Morblias - please please please, update once you're setup is completely put together.  I know that a bunch of folks (including me) would love to see the 'final' configuration with the boards in place.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry for leaving you hanging Wink Just got my replacement M-board today since my first was DOA (RPi wasn't powering from it). Here are some pics of it set up and hashing. Only have the first 2 fans on, can't wait to fill up the rest of the M-board in October so I can kick on the other fans!  Grin

http://imgur.com/a/cJalG

Thanks Dave and team BitFury!

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:56:06 AM

That's not possible unless you are ok with used units that are mining while waiting "on the shelf"  Unless it's tiny usb sticks or at a certain point I'm sure the 25GH units will join their fate no significantly larger Gh units would just sit there waiting for a buyer when they can be generating BTC.

Works for ASICMiners
They never reach a shelf because the demand is so high. In the time it takes for you to even get it from the fab you've sold it.
It just means not selling beyond capacity, when 100 units start pumping down the factory line, you offer 100 units to the people. Rather then take in 10,000 orders for units to try and catch up on

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 02:09:03 AM

Morblias - please please please, update once you're setup is completely put together.  I know that a bunch of folks (including me) would love to see the 'final' configuration with the boards in place.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry for leaving you hanging Wink Just got my replacement M-board today since my first was DOA (RPi wasn't powering from it). Here are some pics of it set up and hashing. Only have the first 2 fans on, can't wait to fill up the rest of the M-board in October so I can kick on the other fans!  Grin

http://imgur.com/a/cJalG

Thanks Dave and team BitFury!

Glad your medication came just in the nick of time...

vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 02:13:27 AM

Works for ASICMiners
They never reach a shelf because the demand is so high. In the time it takes for you to even get it from the fab you've sold it.
It just means not selling beyond capacity, when 100 units start pumping down the factory line, you offer 100 units to the people. Rather then take in 10,000 orders for units to try and catch up on

I suspect you've never organized a manufacturing for 100 units ... Honestly - that is such a pain! And if you have to go through that for every 100 units - that's a lot of pain. It is much much better to go through that once and get 10k units. Also, pricing on components can be several times more expensive for small quantities. Plus, factories don't like it when they have to retool their machines for just 100 units (and as a result you get some insane prices for assembly service).

That's just my 2 cents. I'm not necesarily voting for or against the option. I just want to clarify that it most likely doesn't make sense for what we're discussing here.

Stack

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:20:44 AM

That's just my 2 cents. I'm not necesarily voting for or against the option. I just want to clarify that it most likely doesn't make sense for what we're discussing here.

It was an example number....

vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 02:27:34 AM

That's just my 2 cents. I'm not necessarily voting for or against the option. I just want to clarify that it most likely doesn't make sense for what we're discussing here.

It was an example number....

Yep, that's fine. I'm pretty sure there is a way to find some middle option.

It is just that engaging with the whole manufacturing is by itself quite a pain, and then when you add the risks - from the moment you order all components until you have assembled (and not yet tested) products in your hand that's usually just a few weeks there alone. Considering also the current pace of new miners being introduced - that makes any long(er)-term plans quite risky by themselves. And by longer term - I mean something as short as 3 months.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:45:58 AM

Actually, AsicMiner has shown there really is almost no risk.

The forum is full of fools who will pay over 2000% for AM hardware and not even realise they will make a BTC loss mining with it.
i.e. pay AM up front the entire amount of BTC (or in most cases more) then AM themselves could get mining with the hardware they sell.
Seriously, it's a unbelievable situation AM is in.

Dave's cards are USB and once they are easy to use (nudge, nudge) all the fools buying AsciMiner hardware would switch to these boards since they are a higher hash rate, lower power per GH, and not priced to lose BTC for the buyer ... yet.
The only risk that could be seen in the near future would be other people making BitFury boards.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:58:07 AM

Actually, AsicMiner has shown there really is almost no risk.

The forum is full of fools who will pay over 2000% for AM hardware and not even realise they will make a BTC loss mining with it.
i.e. pay AM up front the entire amount of BTC (or in most cases more) then AM themselves could get mining with the hardware they sell.
Seriously, it's a unbelievable situation AM is in.

Dave's cards are USB and once they are easy to use (nudge, nudge) all the fools buying AsciMiner hardware would switch to these boards since they are a higher hash rate, lower power per GH, and not priced to lose BTC for the buyer ... yet.
The only risk that could be seen in the near future would be other people making BitFury boards.

good points, there's a lot of competition though and AM will be on gen 2 by end of the year likely

ok
User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:01:00 AM

Bitfury prices are just as high as AM so I'm not sure who are these fools you speak of.

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:05:51 AM

Bitfury prices are just as high as AM so I'm not sure who are these fools you speak of.

Power consumption is far higher on ASICminer chips vs Bitfury chips and AM does not support stratum only getwork.

As far as mining equipment goes, we are now entering the level when the question asked is how many GH/s can I have up and running with the existing Electrical Service.

Trongersoll

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:07:35 AM

I'm missing something, explain to me how this statement is true.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:21:04 AM

hmm let's see 25gh for $1300 or 2.5 blades for about 10btc.  That's current price on website I'm not sure if it was more months ago when you preordered.  Wasn't 400Gh $20k which is basically the same as 40 blades or approximately 16-20btc  Also I see plenty of people having issues with build quality with bitfury so a 2nd hand BFL unit is probably better.  Yes power consumption is better which is probably not a consideration for most miners although it should be in the long run which might be offset by better build quality.

Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:27:37 AM

hmm let's see 25gh for $1300 or 2.5 blades for about 10btc.  That's current price on website I'm not sure if it was more months ago when you preordered.  Wasn't 400Gh $20k which is basically the same as 40 blades or approximately 16-20btc  Also I see plenty of people having issues with build quality with bitfury so a 2nd hand BFL unit is probably better.  Yes power consumption is better which is probably not a consideration for most miners although it should be in the long run which might be offset by better build quality.

Actually these asic's are very robust and the chips can do more than the 1.5gh/s. So you are getting more bang for your buck. Much like the Avalon Gen 1 units.

It comes down to the argument Huge risk/Huge reward - No Risk/No Reward. Bitfury/AM

The new ASICminer boards do not OC. It is something that should be taken under consideration.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:37:05 AM

Almost everyone who has bought any AM hardware.

Hell, I got what may be considered the first AM USB - outside AM - 13/14-May - 4 months ago
So far it has made about 0.9137202236 BTC ... roughly Smiley

No one who paid the AM BTC price for an AM USB has made their BTC back unless they solo mined and got lucky - or sold it and ripped of the person they sold it to - just like AM Smiley

I guess some of the early Block Erupter Blades may have got their BTC back?
If you got a Block Erupter Blade on 13/14-May and it has hashed at 12GH/s since then, it will have made to date (4 months) 32.7302766667 BTC ... roughly ... and last diff change ~11 days, it made less than 1BTC

So ... yeah ... most of those who bought AM hardware lost BTC doing it.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: