Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:59:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which expedited shipping option would you like to see:
Flat fee Overnight with insurance ($300+) - 31 (23.7%)
Flat fee Two-Day with insurance($200+) - 39 (29.8%)
Flat fee Overnight, no insurance ($150) - 19 (14.5%)
Flat fee Two-Day with no insurance ($99) - 42 (32.1%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING***  (Read 576754 times)
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:53:36 PM

Just to catch you all up:

Boards are in production - we've asked for daily expedited shipments as they come off the line.   These first boards go to 100TH mine, with August delivery kits to follow.  So I'll repeat that I expect August product to ship by Aug. 31st.  Fab says they can do the whole process start to finish in 20 days and we are on the last step here.

By "in production" I mean the pick and place machines have already been set up, solder masks made, PCBs for both board types were made two weeks ago.  "In production" means the actual assembling is happening.

Turns out we had a few remaining components stuck in customs - these were bits supplied by us and sent to the fab.  If you are following some of the other ASIC build threads, you may have heard about the global shortages for key components in this design.  We tackled this problem months ago in order to avoid running out of power regs and inductors.

The CC payment system is a bit of a kludge - you have to go to my storefront on Square to re-select the same product & quantity in order to get to the CC payment screen.  Its like making the same order twice.  We will reconcile these against the megabigpower.com store, which remains the primary store of orders.  We will ship from our order list on megabigpower.com, so don't go direct to Square.  I hope to be able to re-integrate CC payments using Authorize.net by next week...then the Square thing can go away.

I expect to have boards hitting racks in force by next week, I will keep you posted!

Cheers,
Dave

Hope you can give us an ETA on CC payments working again.  Waiting with mine in hand to order.
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:59:24 PM

Square has seen the heat we can bring and has retracted into their shell.  They are taking me through some additional verification processes - I'll get them what they need and hopefully get it all working again soon.  I wouldn't expect today or the weekend...

regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:02:23 PM

Thank you.  Looking forward to it.
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:02:54 PM

No problem here, as long as my original order date isn't affected.  I'm buying for October delivery, anyway - no rush....  

Thank you very much for the speedy reply!
Erlenmyer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:22:15 PM

Thanks for the updates Dave. Are you still planing to hold off on hosting plans until Nov?

Yes.  I'm trying to get to the point where I can offer individual hosted units, but at this time its looking like I might need to keep the offer at half-rack hosted (8 full rigs) and full rack hosted (16 rigs).  The ability to host smaller amounts makes things very complicated, but we'll get there.

On the other hand I'll give a preview of a new offer I'm pretty excited about.

Similar to purchasing a cell phone on contract, I want to give miners the opportunity to land a larger amount of hashpower with a smaller amount of up front capital.  So for example, you could put down a 30 - 40% deposit on a half rack hosted.  This would put your hardware in my datacenter, where it would mine-out the remaining amount owed on the order.  Of course you will pay more for the hardware financing it this way and it would require hosting which adds a revenue share (5% - 8%).  Once the gear is paid off you could take delivery, or leave it in hosting mode.

I'm working out the details on this, but just wanted to give people a little preview of the idea.  I'd love to get your feedback on the idea - good or bad!

I would have great interest in this.
americandesi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:41:03 PM

Just to catch you all up:

Boards are in production - we've asked for daily expedited shipments as they come off the line.   These first boards go to 100TH mine, with August delivery kits to follow.  So I'll repeat that I expect August product to ship by Aug. 31st.  Fab says they can do the whole process start to finish in 20 days and we are on the last step here.

By "in production" I mean the pick and place machines have already been set up, solder masks made, PCBs for both board types were made two weeks ago.  "In production" means the actual assembling is happening.

Turns out we had a few remaining components stuck in customs - these were bits supplied by us and sent to the fab.  If you are following some of the other ASIC build threads, you may have heard about the global shortages for key components in this design.  We tackled this problem months ago in order to avoid running out of power regs and inductors.

The CC payment system is a bit of a kludge - you have to go to my storefront on Square to re-select the same product & quantity in order to get to the CC payment screen.  Its like making the same order twice.  We will reconcile these against the megabigpower.com store, which remains the primary store of orders.  We will ship from our order list on megabigpower.com, so don't go direct to Square.  I hope to be able to re-integrate CC payments using Authorize.net by next week...then the Square thing can go away.

I expect to have boards hitting racks in force by next week, I will keep you posted!

Cheers,
Dave

Thank you very much for the detailed update Dave.
Do let us know when the CC is ready so that we all can pay for the shipping.

Also, what is the origin city of the boards that will be shipped to August Kit buyers. Is it California.?
Just trying to calculate the approx transit time for each shipping method.

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
bkpduke

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 05:51:00 PM

IIRC Dave is in WA State, and 100TH is being setup up there as well.

I suspect that is where things will ship from.
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 07:41:31 PM

Tytus has the full 16 board prototype rig running.  He was getting about 380GH/s and reports that some of the chips aren't responding.  This is a hand-assembled prototype, so I don't expect it to be 100%.   He is seeing 320w at the wall - this includes a power supply and all efficiency losses.  The board itself is pulling wattage in line with our estimates, so the chips are operating at about .8w/GH/s as expected.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:23:40 PM

Maybe I did not get the full gist your other post Dave, but it seems you saying that it will be 20 days until all boards (100TH, full kits, partial kits, and singles) for Aug. delivery are finished at the pcb house, correct?
Then you will be able to in 9 days fulfill and ship all these orders some 400 of each roughly? Color me impressed if you can actually achieve it. I guess I just thought you were slightly ahead of this timeline.

Please correct me if I have misunderstood somewhere.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:32:23 PM

good news to read http://thegenesisblock.com/bitfury-400-ghs-bitcoin-mining-rig-hits-us-shores/
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 08:36:13 PM

Maybe I did not get the full gist your other post Dave, but it seems you saying that it will be 20 days until all boards (100TH, full kits, partial kits, and singles) for Aug. delivery are finished at the pcb house, correct?
Then you will be able to in 9 days fulfill and ship all these orders some 400 of each roughly? Color me impressed if you can actually achieve it. I guess I just thought you were slightly ahead of this timeline.

Fab quotes 20 days for the full production process.  This process starts with sourcing components, building PCBs, making solder masks, setting up the assembly machines, then finally placing components and reflowing them.

So we are on that last step now...

Ridicuss

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:47:31 PM

Thanks for the updates Dave. Are you still planing to hold off on hosting plans until Nov?

Yes.  I'm trying to get to the point where I can offer individual hosted units, but at this time its looking like I might need to keep the offer at half-rack hosted (8 full rigs) and full rack hosted (16 rigs).  The ability to host smaller amounts makes things very complicated, but we'll get there.

Similar to purchasing a cell phone on contract, I want to give miners the opportunity to land a larger amount of hashpower with a smaller amount of up front capital.  So for example, you could put down a 30 - 40% deposit on a half rack hosted.  This would put your hardware in my datacenter, where it would mine-out the remaining amount owed on the order.  Of course you will pay more for the hardware financing it this way and it would require hosting which adds a revenue share (5% - 8%).  Once the gear is paid off you could take delivery, or leave it in hosting mode.

I'm working out the details on this, but just wanted to give people a little preview of the idea.  I'd love to get your feedback on the idea - good or bad!

Interested in this as well. Thanks for the Credit Card issue update!

Man, I wish I could change my avatar!
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:49:08 PM

Tytus has the full 16 board prototype rig running.  He was getting about 380GH/s and reports that some of the chips aren't responding.  This is a hand-assembled prototype, so I don't expect it to be 100%.   He is seeing 320w at the wall - this includes a power supply and all efficiency losses.  The board itself is pulling wattage in line with our estimates, so the chips are operating at about .8w/GH/s as expected.

Thanks Dave.  This is great news and exactly what I was hoping you would post! 
Now if BTC could just appreciate a little against the dollar and I can pull the trigger!
I am looking forward to progressing from "fanboi" to "owner" (well of more than just a starter kit... but one has to start somewhere).

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:56:36 PM

Fab quotes 20 days for the full production process.  This process starts with sourcing components, building PCBs, making solder masks, setting up the assembly machines, then finally placing components and reflowing them.

OK so I think I was a bit off then. Smiley   Did they give you guys any expectations about how fast this last step will be then?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 10:12:03 PM

Thanks Dave.  This is great news and exactly what I was hoping you would post! 
Now if BTC could just appreciate a little against the dollar and I can pull the trigger!
I am looking forward to progressing from "fanboi" to "owner" (well of more than just a starter kit... but one has to start somewhere).

Awesome j - thanks for your help on this thread - you are on the "t-shirt list"

Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:50:24 PM

OK so I think I was a bit off then. Smiley   Did they give you guys any expectations about how fast this last step will be then?

The fact Dave is happy to tell us about production phases, without even the slightest trace of 'covering my assness' - fills me with confidence - this is the one company that gives me a "good vibe"

jflowers

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:53:16 PM

The fact Dave is happy to tell us about production phases, without even the slightest trace of 'covering my assness' - fills me with confidence - this is the one company that gives me a "good vibe"

Couldn't have said this any better - this really makes me feel good. 
cet

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 12:41:56 AM

Does anyone know how thick the h-boards are?  I'm looking at making some mounting brackets for the end with a little tab sticking for screwing the board into a brace.

Thanks,
/cet
zurg

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 01:31:49 AM

Highly interested also. Pending finalization. Smiley
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:51:43 AM

I ordered a 400 GH/s Kit.  only the October delivery was available.  I want to pay via credit card but it is unclear what I am supposed to do as it says it is manual processing and there was no choice for credit card when ordering.

click pay by bank then put note pay by CC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: