Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:16:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Huge Television Ad for Bitcoin on All the Major Networks  (Read 13308 times)
Capitan

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 04:36:38 AM

We are working on a Bitcoin TV ad.....  to be broadcast on ALL the major television networks within the USA.

This television commercial will be advertising the basic benefits, for both consumers and merchants, of using bitcoins.

If you're interested in helping out in any aspect of this project, please send me an email or call me.

Bitcoin TV Ad Donation Address:    19ChNLmVHAcUDXUQ7grtUvWSBL9DwUwdU3

I hope it's not campy, and that's it's won't go on during the same time slot as infomercials, because that would just be counter productive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 04:54:32 AM

Bruce, I apologize for coming across as poo-pooing the idea.  I do admire your enthusiasm for bitcoin.  I think we share the same appreciation and excitement for it.  However, I'm just worried that it isn't ready for primetime yet, and that for most people, especially non-technical folks, the current bitcoin experience will leave a negative impression.  Anyway, in terms of advertising lets think Apple.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
peach

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 05:00:00 AM

We already have a video that would make for a great TV spot (except maybe we mention Bitcoin.org at the end rather than weusecoins.com):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
Sannyasi

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 05:08:38 AM

This sounds good and all but shouldn't we make securing wallets stupid easy and make the bitcoin client easier to use/better looking before introducing it to too many people? Either way, will be interested to see the results.

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:14:43 AM

We already have a video that would make for a great TV spot (except maybe we mention Bitcoin.org at the end rather than weusecoins.com):

Way too much focus on mining. If that section was cut out it'd be much better.
Digigami

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:27:20 AM

A late-night TV ad that sells an e-book might spread the word, but what word will it spread?  Bitcoin will be forever associated with the Ronco smokeless ashtray or pocket fisherman.

Now hang on just a sec.  That pocket fisherman is damned useful.  Not for fishing, mind you, but for slinging a field expedient wire antenna over a tall tree limb to get your ham radio DX'ing in a hurry at the campsite, it's the best tool evar!

interesting.. wouldn't have thought I'd see a ham radio operator in the bitcoin world Tongue

hello from VE6 land
/ot
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:30:52 AM

Its a good idea, although I agree with others - such thing shouldn't be rushed.

I don't know about rest but for me personally "e-books" associate with quick buck schemes, buy my book and i'll teach you how to make and sell e-books or be master of ebay, etc.
instant negative impression.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 06:55:16 AM

Can you package the latest version of the bitcoin software on there?

With a built-in wallet-stealing trojan?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 07:01:45 AM

This video has only a half a million view count. I can't envision a Bitcoin video reaching the one million view count mark. (tongue in cheek)
BitcoinBabe

Activity: 84

Side-stepping the matrix | Bit by bit

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 07:02:39 AM

Exciting!

I have not bitcoins (yet) to speed the campaign along, but I'd love to feature it on my blog/website.

A preview before it airs, would be groovy! And you wouldn't have to pay me to feature it, obviously.

geek-trader

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:18:40 AM

Exciting!

I have not bitcoins (yet) to speed the campaign along, but I'd love to feature it on my blog/website.

A preview before it airs, would be groovy! And you wouldn't have to pay me to feature it, obviously.

your site sucks.

1) wants me to allow java
2) throws up a content warnings
3) can't get past the content warning because the links don't work

makes me think it's a scam.

Make 1 deposit and earn BTC for life! http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/345
Play my FREE HTML5 games at: http://magigames.org  BTC donations accepted.
Matarael

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:23:57 AM

This video has only a half a million view count. I can't envision a Bitcoin video reaching the one million view count mark. (tongue in cheek)

Challange excepted.

I'm sure I can hit f5 around half a million times.
BitcoinBabe

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 07:26:28 AM

Exciting!

your site sucks.

Well, Sir (and I used that word advisedly),

Seeing as you've not actually accessed the site, you don't know that it sucks at all. Do you?

But yes, you're right, it's a scam, just like bitcoin. What are you? 15?

geek-trader

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:33:14 AM

Exciting!

your site sucks.

Seeing as you've not actually accessed the site, you don't know that it sucks at all. Do you?

I've read many blogger sites that have the content warning just fine.  None asked me to enable java.  all of them had links that work.

Excuse me for being a paranoid old man (I am 41) but with the various hacks and trojans going around, I am cautious.  I see a "chick" in a predominantly geek male forum, luring users to her website, and that website doesn't work AND needs java?  I'm suspicious.

Even the "Blogger" link at the top is broken.  Red flag.  Thankfully I do not use Windows, or I'd probably have all my BTC stolen already.

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:46:05 AM

I think its a great idea to get the word out to the masses. Bitcoin is not a stock and there are a lot of people who really want to promote the idea behind Bitcoin - this has nothing to do with pump and dump!

There will always be people who think its a scam, no matter how well you place it in an ad or how polished the Bitcoin client will be. This is not about getting the masses to send all their savings to Mt. Gox but to make people aware of an alternative money concept.

I don't think we should worry too much about the client being not ready for those people yet either - a single ad like this won't get many of them to actually install the client.
If people can even remotely remember to have heard about an actual product that you can buy with Bitcoin they will probably be more open to Bitcoin once they hear about it again from somewhere else.

Also, there are plenty of people who give something they saw on TV more credibility than some random new thing on the Internet.

Keep up the good work Bruce!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
BitcoinBabe

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 07:49:08 AM

Exciting!

your site sucks.

I've read many blogger sites that have the content warning just fine.  None asked me to enable java.  all of them had links that work.

Excuse me for being a paranoid old man (I am 41) but with the various hacks and trojans going around, I am cautious.  I see a "chick" in a predominantly geek male forum, luring users to her website, and that website doesn't work AND needs java?  I'm suspicious.

Even the "Blogger" link at the top is broken.  Red flag.  Thankfully I do not use Windows, or I'd probably have all my BTC stolen already.

Heaven forbid a "chick" be interested on bitcoin, right? Sure you're not 15? You do realise that for bitcoin to really take off it's probably going to need "chicks," people of other faiths and colours to use it. And the best place for them to find out about it is, um, a bitcoin forum...

You give geeks AND men (yes, there are girl geeks) a bad name.

Hands up, though, you've got me. I am, indeed, a siren luring geeks to an unfortunate bitcoin demise.

Roll Eyes

geek-trader

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 07:57:13 AM

Heaven forbid a "chick" be interested on bitcoin, right? Sure you're not 15? You do realise that for bitcoin to really take off it's probably going to need "chicks," people of other faiths and colours to use it. And the best place for them to find out about it is, um, a bitcoin forum...

Hands up, though, you've got me. I am, indeed, a siren luring geeks to an unfortunate bitcoin demise.

Roll Eyes

The rest of your posts seem legit, so you are probably legit also. I still say your website seems suspicious.  With all these "all my BTC got stolen" posts, bitcoin related websites need to be squeaky clean, and yours is not.

I was harsh in my initial "your site sucks" remarks, and for that I apologize.

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:00:01 AM

graet idea!
but bitcoin is still too young, and its is still testing/beta software.
wait maybe 2-5 years then it would be the biggest thing, but right now it could be more like a major FAIL!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
flug

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 02, 2011, 08:20:07 AM

I think that without a serious improvement to the client and usability, attracting "normals" to Bitcoin in droves is a recipe for a flop.

+1

I think we'll all know when Bitcoin is ready for mainstream*. We'll know it. Pushing it too hard before then might cause damage. Careful.

(*For me, this would probably be indicated by the existence of a serious online bitcoin bank and a smartphone app that lets you exchange bitcoins as easily as cash.)
BitcoinBabe

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2011, 08:21:41 AM

Roll Eyes

The rest of your posts seem legit, so you are probably legit also. I still say your website seems suspicious.  With all these "all my BTC got stolen" posts, bitcoin related websites need to be squeaky clean, and yours is not.

I was harsh in my initial "your site sucks" remarks, and for that I apologize.

Apology accepted.

My site was created using google's "Blogger" tools and, from my vantage point (windows, firefox) all the links seem to work just fine, even when I'm logged out of the blogger site.

The site's just over a week old and have had no mention of broken links so far (then again, I've only had 100 or so visitors, none of whom have commented). The java script is probably from my BitcoinPlus pooled mining plugin, but now that you mention it, a plugin that steals bitcoin would be a fabulous idea!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: