Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:15:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Closed] Bitfury miner group buy + hosting (with ESCROW)  (Read 37288 times)
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1374

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:43:31 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2013, 06:54:00 PM by albon

wrong me

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jlsminingcorp (OP)

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 09:58:54 PM

wrong me

Has your account been hacked Wink?

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 10:17:26 PM

Hi All, you'll be pleased to know that the last four H-boards arrived late this afternoon and are now hapily hashing away Grin (all GB members now have their shares hashing). As with the other boards I'm going to give autotune a chance to work its magic before hand tweaking the chips individually tomorrow. Unfortunately we've got some dead/dying chips in these new boards too (6 in total across all the boards), but the remaining chips should be able to compensate fairly well for this. The BFSB miner is currently running at between 188 and 192 GH/s (280 W at the wall), with some hand tuning I'm hoping to get closer to 200 GH/s, but we'll see.

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:01:36 PM

Hi All, you'll be pleased to know that the last four H-boards arrived late this afternoon and are now hapily hashing away Grin (all GB members now have their shares hashing). As with the other boards I'm going to give autotune a chance to work its magic before hand tweaking the chips individually tomorrow. Unfortunately we've got some dead/dying chips in these new boards too (6 in total across all the boards), but the remaining chips should be able to compensate fairly well for this. The BFSB miner is currently running at between 188 and 192 GH/s (280 W at the wall), with some hand tuning I'm hoping to get closer to 200 GH/s, but we'll see.

DOA chips? That doesn't sound promising. Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if there are any remedy options for us?

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:03:31 PM

DOA chips? That doesn't sound promising. Have you contacted the manufacturer to see if there are any remedy options for us?

Some chips are just poor performers/DOA on these boards. The chips are not tested and binned, so each board/miner gets the luck of the draw. The bitfury threads have lots of examples of boards that have worse issues, so I think we've done OK. I haven't contacted BFSB about this. They are all hashing between 30 and 35 GH/s, so considerably faster than the 25 GH/s advertised, so BFSB have certainly delivered what they promised. Also, if we were to RMA a board (and if they were to accept it) then the best case scenario is that we loose min 1 week to ship a new board out. I don't think this is worth it. If others do then we will investigate the possibilities, but my feeling for the moment is that this isn't really a problem. The boards are sort of self-healing - if one chip is not performing well then the others seem to pick up the slack - maybe they get some extra voltage because of a bad chip?

thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 07:19:46 PM

Some chips are just poor performers/DOA on these boards. The chips are not tested and binned, so each board/miner gets the luck of the draw. The bitfury threads have lots of examples of boards that have worse issues, so I think we've done OK. I haven't contacted BFSB about this. They are all hashing between 30 and 35 GH/s, so considerably faster than the 25 GH/s advertised, so BFSB have certainly delivered what they promised. Also, if we were to RMA a board (and if they were to accept it) then the best case scenario is that we loose min 1 week to ship a new board out. I don't think this is worth it. If others do then we will investigate the possibilities, but my feeling for the moment is that this isn't really a problem. The boards are sort of self-healing - if one chip is not performing well then the others seem to pick up the slack - maybe they get some extra voltage because of a bad chip?
Don't go chasing a few GH when were over performing, yea you might get a few more ghs but when were down for a week+ and then the next difficulty hits that few ghs will be meaningless and it would have been more worth it to just stay with what we had.
flyswatta

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:20:22 PM

Don't go chasing a few GH when were over performing, yea you might get a few more ghs but when were down for a week+ and then the next difficulty hits that few ghs will be meaningless and it would have been more worth it to just stay with what we had.
There is much wisdom in this statement
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:05:53 PM

There is much wisdom in this statement

Agreed, we would lose too much if we sent the boards away.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:40:13 PM

Payment for BTC mined by components #7, #1 & #2 before the arrival of the remaining H-boards.

TxID: 4047b245e562ea394522373fc666122cb3e304061d56f28ada24c2bacebeae9d

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:43:55 PM

This week's payment for all components.

TxID: e23dcb6b01bd118342d11aaf9d8adb93aaa5a3fe980766c3d6fcd4524125f630

albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1374

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:53:21 PM

hi

do you still have shares and how much?

Only asking as title says 11 shares left but in the post it says closed

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:14:06 PM

hi

Hi, sorry for the confusion. I need to update the OP - should have done this a few days ago, but I'm afraid that it's been a busy week Sad. The collection for component 8 (the Drillbit boards) technically ran out of time on the 29th. However, there were some shares left and I think that it should be fine for some of these to go to new GB members (based on some contact that I've had recently with Stinky_Pete). Shares are always 0.5 BTC each and 25 shares will be issued for component 8 (this is based on the actual costs for the component).

Let me know if you're interested and we'll take this into account before finalising things for this component. Stinky_Pete will take the remaining unallocated shares if I understand him correctly.

Stinky_Pete

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:30:08 PM

hi

Hi, sorry for the confusion. I need to update the OP - should have done this a few days ago, but I'm afraid that it's been a busy week Sad. The collection for component 8 (the Drillbit boards) technically ran out of time on the 29th. However, there were some shares left and I think that it should be fine for some of these to go to new GB members (based on some contact that I've had recently with Stinky_Pete). Shares are always 0.5 BTC each and 25 shares will be issued for component 8 (this is based on the actual costs for the component).

Let me know if you're interested and we'll take this into account before finalising things for this component. Stinky_Pete will take the remaining unallocated shares if I understand him correctly.

That will be fine, but I'd like to have everything cut-and-dried before the Drillbit boards are dispatched. The latest news is that they are being manufactured, but as with all pre-orders, there is no definite date yet.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 07:45:11 PM

Hi All, time for a quick update. The miner has been running stable again this week Grin. I've spent some time hand-tuning the "speed" of each chip on the BFSB hardware and this is now running at between 197 and 201 GH/s. It seems that it's possible to get about 5% extra out of the boards by manual tuning compared to using autotune. However, I think that this is pretty much as far as we can go without overvolting. Increasing the "speed" parameter, which presumably tweaks the chip clock frequency, any more than where we are at the moment just leads to a big increase in hardware errors. If the bitfury burner is anything to go by, it's important to increase the voltage available to each chip at higher clock frequencies in order to reduce hardware errors (the BFSB boards don't run in quite the same way though, so the comparison is not perfect). I put some heatsinks on one of the H-boards (see below) to see if this made any difference to the level of hardware errors when tuning, but unfortunately it made no difference. On the up side, this suggests that the current cooling setup is working well.

Others have shown that overvolting the H-boards (the so called "pencil mod", see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287590.msg3079421#msg3079421 for details) means that it's possible to push each board to around 37-40 GH/s. However, cooling becomes extremely important under these conditions and longevity/warranty may be affected. Let me know if you have any thoughts on whether or not we should have a go at this.

Stinky_Pete

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:38:12 PM

hi

That will be fine, but I'd like to have everything cut-and-dried before the Drillbit boards are dispatched. The latest news is that they are being manufactured, but as with all pre-orders, there is no definite date yet.

Latest news from Barntech

Latest status update is the PCBs are ready and we are going in for assembly. This process will take a few days. We will then need to test the boards and get onto shipping. Still should happen this week, at least for the first bunch. I'll let you all know as each stage is happening.

The firmware is upgrade-able over USB. The boards will come with firmware, but more features will be added as we go. Don't worry, there won't be any delays due to firmware.

The final hashrate before production was about 2.5 per chip, but all adjustments that will improve this are in software land. The hardware is ready and capable. The main factor for what these things end up being capable of will be heat management. They will all be able to comfortable sit somewhere round the 2.3 GH/s per chip range but will need more special cooling if you want to run them really hard ongoingly. Those of you in cold places, with good fans etc will see the best hashrates.

So if you want to buy some shares in this component, do it quickly

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:07:52 PM

hi

Latest news from Barntech

Latest status update is the PCBs are ready and we are going in for assembly. This process will take a few days. We will then need to test the boards and get onto shipping. Still should happen this week, at least for the first bunch. I'll let you all know as each stage is happening.

The firmware is upgrade-able over USB. The boards will come with firmware, but more features will be added as we go. Don't worry, there won't be any delays due to firmware.

The final hashrate before production was about 2.5 per chip, but all adjustments that will improve this are in software land. The hardware is ready and capable. The main factor for what these things end up being capable of will be heat management. They will all be able to comfortable sit somewhere round the 2.3 GH/s per chip range but will need more special cooling if you want to run them really hard ongoingly. Those of you in cold places, with good fans etc will see the best hashrates.

Exciting stuff, thanks for the update Stinky_Pete. We're running the chips at > 3 GH/s in the bitburner fury, so providing there's sufficient voltage control in the drillbit firmware I'm cautiously optimistic that these boards will do 2.5 GH/s (hopefully more). We'll be adding a bit more cooling when this one arrives, so it will be like a hurricane inside that case! Hopefully that should suit them well.

Last call for shares in this component.

jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:26:58 PM

Exciting stuff, thanks for the update Stinky_Pete. We're running the chips at > 3 GH/s in the bitburner fury, so providing there's sufficient voltage control in the drillbit firmware I'm cautiously optimistic that these boards will do 2.5 GH/s (hopefully more). We'll be adding a bit more cooling when this one arrives, so it will be like a hurricane inside that case! Hopefully that should suit them well.

Last call for shares in this component.

OK, I think it's time to close this component formally. I'll update the OP now.

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:12:10 PM

I am selling 5 shares that I have in Component 5 (H-board #4) collection.

Please PM me if interested.

monkeynutts

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:03:32 AM

When might i expect to see my first round of payments ? I'm right in saying all H-boards are now hashing away ?

thanks

Doh, I have used the same address for you and my pool miners, that's why i didn't see the payments !. Confirmed payment received many thanks.
jlsminingcorp (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 10:10:49 AM

When might i expect to see my first round of payments ? I'm right in saying all H-boards are now hashing away ?

thanks

Hi monkeynutts, you were included in Sunday's payment TxID: e23dcb6b01bd118342d11aaf9d8adb93aaa5a3fe980766c3d6fcd4524125f630. BTC from the group's miner are being paid by the pool to 1568Cr5PQFy3JVhQnvajQkbYyinM4AcCFH, so payouts to you will come from this address.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: