Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:47:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8116 times)
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:45:28 AM

if they rise a lot in a very short period then it is time to sell, because it will get lower the next day 100%. PUMP.
That's not for all coins because I've noticed that a small number of coins just kept going up after a 600 percent price increase.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
cryptodagger

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:44:38 AM

Using technical analysis will give you an idea when is the perfect time to dump these shitcoins.I never hold coins for a long time,the longest hold i had was for only 1week,holding these coins will give you a higher risk to lose than to get profits.I suggest do not hold a coin which you are not confident to its technology.

Maiscoinyelo

Activity: 175
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:05:20 AM
Merited by Gummybear67 (2)

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
I know that some of people who has an altcoins based their selling time when it's in higher value or when they are satify with its value. if you can see that you can see that you can earn huge profit in selling your coins just go for it.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:10:30 AM

That is directly depends on situation about coin. For example: recently was announce about IGNIS airdrop for NXT holders. It is logical that after distribution, the price will fall down. I sold 50% of NXT right before the airdrop date at price ~10k satoshi per NXT. After it - the price fell down to 3k satoshi.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:21:23 AM

See the project road map if the main stages was passed then token can be sold, or in the case of the drop of bitcoin, after the capitalization has flowed into the altcoins before going for correction, you can sell them, and would be buy them after the correction.
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:22:26 PM

with each coin, I set an own interest rate, 30% to 50% normally. I won't hold too long and I also do not sell too early when the price goes down.
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:41:42 PM

Personally, I individually assess every coin and try to find the highest possible price at which I can sell. For example: a few months ago I bought a CND for 0.015$ and have decided that I will be able to sell it for$ 1 a year. Now CND is 0.26$ and I'm still waiting for 1$ for sale.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:59:47 PM

It is really hard to tell because of the different kinds of platforms the tokens has to offer and all of their prices are still unstable. Some of the prices have pumped a lot and you can gain profit if you had that alternate coin when it still has no value. Knowing this kinds of moments, this will now depend on the owner of that alternate coin on when he or she will decide to sell them.  If you are contented with the money you will be getting then that would be great and you will be happy to sell them.
Wilsonong222

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:16:24 AM

There are ways to know if your altcoins is ready to sell. (1) Set your target price of selling this is with regards on how much it would go, example set to 20%. (2) The other one is thru Fib Retracement. You search on youtube how to do the Fib Retracement. This is the only strategy I use.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    PRE-ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:24:03 AM

When the price increase very high then the falling price will come immediately. People usually do panic selling at that time so just follow the panic selling if you still earn profit for it. Then buy the coin again in the peak of falling price.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:44:27 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
Rule#1Don't be greedy. #2 Don't use your emotion. Rule #3. Learn how to read chart. Rule#4 Learn to cut lose if necessary. Rule #5 If you earn atleast 100%, sell half or any portion of  the coin to get your initial capital even if the coin is good for long term to avoid loses. Rule #6 Learn to diversify.
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:47:08 AM

I think it all depends on the level of your greed, for me if the coin made x2 or even x3, then this is more than enough to just go to the market and sell, then I wait for the correction of this coin and again buy it on the very day and again waiting for the project to make a couple more X's, so I do not think there's much to think, it all depends on your greed
ejswift

Activity: 253

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:50:53 AM

Mits very hard to tell you when should tou sell your altcoins because the price of altcoins is not stable sometimes it decrease and sometimes it increases so maybe you just wait for update if the altcoins increases

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:11:19 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 08:51:26 AM by jrrsparkles

I just want to give suggestions for the people who don't know when to sell their coins.First of set a goal price to your holdings for example when bitcoin hit $50K,I will sell my half of the bitcoins when it hits $50K no matter how long time needed for that.So you can try this kind of strategy to sell your coins.

*But there is no guarantee that all coin price will increase so you need to select the right potential coin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bonosurgut

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:12:27 AM

I just want to give suggestions for the people who don't know when to sell their coins.First of set a goal price to your holdings for example when bitcoin hit $50K,I will sell my half of the bitcoins when it hits $50K no matter how long time needed for that.So you can try this kind of strategy to sell your coins.
*But there is no guarantee that all coin price will increase so you need to select the right potential coin.

very good strategy !
the_viper

Activity: 315

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:43:11 AM

When you think that the of altcoin which you have purchased goes down below to your expected price that time you can sell your alcoins.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2408
Merit: 265

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:21:41 PM

When you think that the of altcoin which you have purchased goes down below to your expected price that time you can sell your alcoins.
No,we don't have to sell that when price falling but many people are doing that we call it as panic selling,but they really have to hold their coins when it drops the prices.But we have to pick the right coins as I said above. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
chainese

Activity: 299
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:23:27 PM

There is no one correct answer. It depends on your goals. Why did you buy it?
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:37:22 PM

it depends on you and when you feel the time is right. If you feel the coin is about to crash then maybe that is a good time to sell.
I think it is important to set a price goal. Maybe you are looking for 10%, 20% or maybe 50%, then you can sell when you have reached that goal.
padcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:37:39 PM

the right time is when you can make money, badfully I sold 10 ETH at 350$ so you never knwo, good luck
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: