Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8119 times)
chainese

Activity: 299
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:09:44 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

Sell altcoins is not the only option. Many altcoins are utility tokens you can spend in future just in order to use one of amasing projects you funded.
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

The best time to sell your coins is when you get possible sufficient profit of your coins, without any greed, if it is not possible due to any reason then you must wait till the sale give you at least invested amount, or you should invest for long term and enjoy the market flows and experiences of the market for your future.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
ransow72

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

You need to sell altcoins when you get more profits than invested.With the price rising you can wait for a few days and then sell it.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:47:17 PM
Merited by Dakshkapoor (2)

IF you buy any altcoin at low price then it can gives us a profit beyond our thinking so don’t wait for the market to go to peak and then sell. You have to decide a target in your mind and when that target hit, sell your coin immediately.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 01:52:28 PM

The best time to sell your coins is when you get possible sufficient profit of your coins, without any greed, if it is not possible due to any reason then you must wait till the sale give you at least invested amount, or you should invest for long term and enjoy the market flows and experiences of the market for your future.
For me it's a simple problem I sell my coin when I see it that it gets high value. But sometimes I also come to the situation where I needed to sell my coin even in a low price due to some unwanted situation and worst is tragedy, of course at this point I don't have any choice because I really needed a cash.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:22:59 PM

Completely hypothetical to what you want to see back on your investment .. SO I would recommend if you work a normal job as most of us do i guess let it sit until the coin gets to at least $2/3 .. providing you picked a good ICO with market movers this shouldn't be too hard really... But hey if you buy at 10cents then selling at 60/70 cents will get you a decent return but not a crypto return...

sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:36:25 PM

If it is profitable for you but dont be greedy. Set your on mindset percentage of that coin to sell be wise because the luck is in your hands. Dont hesitate if it is pumping try to wait and if it hits your goal profit then sell it
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:06:18 AM

whenever its market price will be high at that time only I will be ready to sale out my altcoins.
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:19:55 AM

I sell as soon as the coin gave me 300-700%. For each coin, I determine the revenue from the schedules and prospects of the technology. I also put on sale at 50-100-200-300-400%.

ejswift

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:40:27 AM

When I buy it at a low price and it raises to 500%, I think I will sell it.
yes its great because you reach your goal so i think its up to the coins when you need to sell but u just need to have patience because sometimes the coin is not increasing like bitcoin right now its decreases

hinayupak

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:48:00 AM

When do you know its time to sell your altcoins ? Its common way to sell when your altcoins are announce or when you see in the market that its the price is higher and increasing its come up to you if you will sell it or you will hold and get higher cash to withdraw but sometimes the value of your altcoins are decreasing
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:55:32 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

I think your assumption is unrealistic because your investing to much money into coins. Just remember this rule in buy an sell of coin, don't be greedy. Because the result of being greedy is earning huge lost of money. Notice that trading cannot predict anyone and the only way to gain huge profit in trading is exchange your money in ideal time. Okay, buying coin is good, once you monitor timely and closely you you r trading platform in that way you can earn money on the coin that you buy and sell. Now day trading is popular and i think this is the ideal time to sell altcoin or instead its up to you because your the only person know your trading time.
You can predict when it s the right time to sell your coin it just if you see in the market that any chance to get high its value then grab the opportunity to sell your coin, but sometime it goes continuously rising but don't wait to get high even more sell it as early as soon as possible because there's possible it goes down immediately.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:57:57 AM

WHEN A GOOD COIN IS ON DIP, READ ABOUT THE PROJECT AND BUY, SELL WHEN ITS ON HIGHPRICE

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
blitz18

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:59:32 AM

When do you know its time to sell your altcoins ? Its common way to sell when your altcoins are announce or when you see in the market that its the price is higher and increasing its come up to you if you will sell it or you will hold and get higher cash to withdraw but sometimes the value of your altcoins are decreasing
Yes this is the usual strategy on how you can earn by selling when you are already in profit. Buy ofcourse when its dip then wait sometime to increase the prices so we can take profit in trading. Always observe a certain coon you wanna plan to hold and sell.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:03:06 AM

I am not s long any altcoins for loss . Till now my strategy is selling coins step by step I will sell let’s 25% of coins for 2x or more then will wait if again increases 2x from that point  then sell coin. If any good news or high potential coins hold it for year .

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:13:07 AM

I think your assumption is unrealistic because your investing to much money into coins. Just remember this rule in buy an sell of coin, don't be greedy. Because the result of being greedy is earning huge lost of money. Notice that trading cannot predict anyone and the only way to gain huge profit in trading is exchange your money in ideal time. Okay, buying coin is good, once you monitor timely and closely you you r trading platform in that way you can earn money on the coin that you buy and sell. Now day trading is popular and i think this is the ideal time to sell altcoin or instead its up to you because your the only person know your trading time.
When everytime it get high I always sell my coin, also no one can know when it goes up or down, they use the market flow to know if its going pump or dump. Then after that they will take the risk of it the right to sell, because sometimes you can experience a continuous rising and continuous falling. So its better if goes up and assume that it will goes up little by little then that's the time to sell your coin.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
ilnick

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:13:14 AM

I'm waiting for a sharp rise in tens - hundreds of percent (pump). At the beginning of the fall by 10-20% I sell. The price of almost all coins is like a pump-and-dump.
SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:22:06 AM

In trading I usually do not really fix how much profit I get. because every day I always turn my funds in order to get a profit. and used for my needs. different from investment or hold I usually target to how much to save and sell
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:22:30 AM

the moment i see 10% rise in the altcoins i keep, I sell them. I usually have a goal of 10 - 15% rise before I sell. If i bought it at higher price. I decide to just hold and wait until it will reach 5% rise to break even the cost of the transaction as well as get my money back. There is no point really in keeping alts too long in your wallets we never know what could happen to them so it is better to reap immediately the profits made than wait for sometime and you are not sure if price will begin to dump again.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
ico_reviews

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

ICO reviews through objective analysis

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:32:35 AM

By continuing to follow market trends and ICO analysis you can guestimate what the best actions are.

If you do decide to invest, make sure to check ICO reviews & ratings before investing.

www.cryptorated.com

Is a good start. It shows popular ICOs, market trends, coin analysis.

Check the ICO Review pipeline for the top most popular ICOs

https://cryptorated.com/ico-request-pipeline/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: