Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:26:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8119 times)
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:30:00 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
depending on your strategy and analysis if you already feel the benefits you please sell because you alone can ensure the benefits and losses if you feel unprofitable resistant and patient

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
tokexchain

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:39:46 PM

Ha, certainly not now when all the candles are red - if you are going to sell them to get rid - at least wait until green shows... if you are trading it is the other way around. And now is a very good time to buy ALTS! A rebound is very likely, some coins are stronger than others, and some are HODL'd more - make your choice, just don't make it a wrong one  Cool
Sofiyah

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:51:41 PM

I always sell altcoin when the price is high enough. if I think the price is high enough I will sell it, but sometimes I keep hold all altcoin, unless there is a very important need then I will sell it.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:12:34 AM

Perhaps the most appropriate time is when we need money. Although we need to cutloss, and a little loss. And another time is usually after holding more than 6 months.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
lucemferrum01

Activity: 245

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 12:52:24 AM

I would sell my holdings depending on the market pace on regarding its growth if I think the market trends within that year is quite good and fast then I would hold it for a bit more but if I think it would take quite some time and its been dragging for so long then I wouldn't mind selling it at a minimal profit percentage.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
Hilga

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:31:32 PM

The right time is when the price increases. However, there are somethings you should consider. Sometimes the new ICO in coin exchange has high price but this can lead to low price in ICO (dump). So, it is always better to save it for long time, and check the road map of that project previously, such as planning list in some exchange. If there are many suggestions, I will hold ICO. But the most important is do not change/sell your coins if you have not need money yet.
chocochild

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:37:19 PM

If it took 20-30% interest from my initial capital. Making it safe before everything dumps.
Ronyx

Activity: 525

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:53:59 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

It is not certain when the time is right to sell altcoin, because everything can not escape speculation. You can make your own speculation to make a profit.

3months18w

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:58:28 PM

When the price is pumping for days , you think it will last for more days , and more and more people are talking this very coin , that is the time to sell them all .Maybe you can't sell at the highest price , but it's worthy .

ZaynDale

Activity: 238

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 02:54:10 PM

We all have different strategy. The best strategy for me is to invest cheap and cash out the x2 of the return of investment and leave the rest in the wallet for hodl. Then, cash out upon reaching the target goal. This strategy for me is a sure win strategy. You will never lose once you already cashed out the return of investment.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
rickman989

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:11:57 PM

This is a common situation where every crypto trader gets stuck at, at least once. Being new to trading, you've made a considerably decent amount of profit and you should probably sell your alts when they are still at their peeks. Set upper limits for tokens and when they hit them, sell as soon as you can knowing that it won't go up any further.
Of course it would be hard to digest if a token went up after you sold it but you should still be happy that you ended up with profit when there were possibilities of crashes too.
Dannaey

Activity: 468

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:47:10 PM

This is not a fixed income wherein you can expect to take profit on a monthly basis. This game is more on speculation. Wherein people based their judgments on graphs and their analysis. But what I am confident is, you'll make money here that you didn't expect. Crypto is crazy. Coins and tokens can increase up to 1,000%.

vincentong17

Activity: 266
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:53:08 PM

I guess you overgreed yourself, there's no such thing as easy money. The thing here is sell it when it's profit if you love the coin then hold it for long term. We're in Crypto space you should stick to the rule that we have volatility market. Hold is the best solution.
Tilim@Tilim

Activity: 350

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:01:37 PM

Swing trading and day trading is risky as hell. You have to be good at it and understand markets in depth to come out ahead. For most people the best strategy is to just hold on.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:38:25 PM

When you earn profit of 0.5 Ethereum daily from investment equal to 5 or 10 Ethereums and it's not that much difficult to earn that. Don't be greedy. Don't wait for the profit like 100 or more Ethereums. Trade daily. If you earn even 5 to 10% of your investment in one day. You are doing great... What I do is I buy coins at low price and than sale them when they increase in price.. Simple math. So that's how I earn good amount of profit every month.

cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:24:52 PM

if I am simple, buy at cheap price and attach stop loss. after the price rises and feel it has got a profit just do not lust. patient and meticulous.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:28:41 PM

This depends differently from person to person. I sell half when my coin has gone about 2x and then sell the rest at 5x and 10x. If the coin has significant fundamental value, I can hold it even upto 15 or 20x from the price at which I bought it at. But usually i sell max at 10x and move to other coins.

Euroda

Activity: 370

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:37:46 PM

i sell my altcoin if i got a little bit of earning for the short term income but if it long term i will wait for it to double the price when i buy it so i can sure that i can maximize the profits  i get

Kurva

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:37:58 PM

I am new to the game. But to me it sounds correct to sell some of your coins but not all. What if the coin starts to move when you sell and you lose profit. Or that the coin might grow much much more. And then you will regret that you did not keep some of the coins. Sell 50-60% and keep the rest is what i would do.

henry1997

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:32:21 PM

if I think the current market price is decreasing in altcoin and bitcoin assets but it's time to buy altcoin or bitcoin.

if from my point of view, bitcoin and altcoin on the cryptocurrency market will increase again in the middle of the year. If the problem would be invested where yes altcoin all actually good but if many that support the coin is certainly skyrocketed later.
examples such as ETH, XRP, XLM are now starting to move and the investment in the coins is increasing as well as its community. especially now that ETH and XRP are already supported by big banks. so if you want to invest there it is certainly safe for the medium term - long term it is very suitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: