Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:26:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8119 times)
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:42:37 PM

It is very easy to know when i'm sell my altcoin . if i'm buy $2 par coin and when it is reach $3 i'm sell on that time.

Yes this is the most simple rule when good time to sell altcoin. Actually we dont need more complicated rule.
However, people sometime feel greedy when they sell their altcoin. After selling, they will be regret if the price going up again.
Actually we will not regret if we have a plan before buying and selling. Make sure you have planning.
bitman33

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:45:32 PM

If you have made enough profit and need some money to buy or invest outside of crypto then sell only what you need to and hold the rest.
kamudd

Activity: 466
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

only one answer to your question is to sell it when the price reaches a profit of over 25%. and if I get stuck in a drop then I will hold it, if possible then I will try to buy again on the base.

jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:04:11 PM

That could be answered by yourself. If you are happy with the current price then its definetely the right time but if you think you still wsnt more then hold it a little more.
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:07:10 PM

You should have a target price, if you reached it  don't hesitate to sell.In this kind of tren you need to smart always,take profit and move on.The coin value will go up and down but the important is you got your profit.

Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:19:57 PM

One rule of thumb i was told when i started cryptocurrency was "dont be too greedy". When to sell is really up to you. Know your limits. You'll never really know when to sell. You just know how much you want to earn. You set a record for the amount of gain you are willing to accept then once you reach it, that's the best time to sell.

jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:52:03 PM

i sell my altcoin if i got a little bit of earning for the short term income but if it long term i will wait for it to double the price when i buy it so i can sure that i can maximize the profits  i get
Having a goal will give the investor a larger chance of getting his money at the end of a trade. Take note on that guys.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Jackypot

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:26:49 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

You must have patience and keep informed here a website where you can see how is the value of your cryptocurrency to sell or buy : https://coinmarketcap.com/

Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:32:54 PM

I don't have a hard number that I am going to sell when I reach them, because the market dynamics can change. But I am splitting my coins on long term holdings and more dynamic coins, that I am going to hold for just a short time. I don't buy something just because is popular and I had no idea what am I going to do with it.
novocaine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:34:10 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

I see nice profits here, by the way i advice you to do not too much greed about holding the coin too much, you know that sometimes in the market the price for some reasons dip down in a little percentage in the 24h basis

Just daytrading everytime so you can profit more and risky less due to the sell the profit and the end of the day max in the 48 hours later the buy in.

Another advice is to keep all your coins/tokens in cold wallets extern to web exchanges or web wallets Wink just stay safe for a principle
zchprm

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:19:50 AM

It is still personal preference with this kind of topic. You should not be greedy upon selling or waiting to increase the value of your coins. You should treat it as like your own personal money. It is based on your gut and understanding the trend of its price. You should read or analyze the current trend of your coin upon deciding on whether to sell or wait. I guess if your coin increases its value you should sell a part of it and the remaining should be waited for further reference.

RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:23:36 AM

if I am simple, buy at cheap price and attach stop loss. after the price rises and feel it has got a profit just do not lust. patient and meticulous.
I am also so in selling and buying crypto coins, buying fits cheap and sold when the price soared and that's where I get the benefits. and if my advice do not lust in buying and selling crypto coins

fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:24:26 AM

In the market there is no such perfect/ stable time to sell your altcoins. If you have still hope to your coins then I would suggest don't sell. Better hold your coin to let everything back again and sell if it will back go.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:31:13 AM

Actually i dont think very much complicated since its just somple to me to sell my coin.
The time we sell our coin is when the price reach our target. For example the target is 5 or 10% from buying price then i set it in open order. So i dont regret if the price goes even higher than my selling price because its my target.
FiveReelsOne

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:05:42 AM

You cannot tell when is good to sell altcoins. One because after you sell it you might regret it on why you sell it since the value came up high than ones you sold. It is just a matter of how and why you sell it. Like you need tge money or you need to trade or sell it cause its falling in the market. Its hard to tell when to sell it you just have to feel yourself and make the most of what your selling. That way you will feel its the right time youre selling it.

Invest in a working business    ✔︎     ǀ      Follow us & check out the   whitepaper   
● ⚫ GIFcoin ⚫ ●      ǀ     Gambling Investment Fund     ǀ     80% of net profits are shared    ✔︎     ǀ                                                                          
                                                                                                    Profit share token                  ✔︎     ǀ      Website  -  Announcement  -  Twitter  -  Telegram
ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:32:10 AM

Nobody knows when to sell the altcoins at the best price. It is impossible to find the lowest price to buy and  it is very difficult finding the highest price to sell. So i'm trying to find an average price to sell the altcoins according to the roadmap and the developments in the project.
Targusluxe

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:49:53 AM

In trading you got to have an enrty and exit plan. Always set your cut loss do not let greed take over cause most of the time greed will make you regret an oppurtunity to gain profit.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
bottomtopsquare

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:06:15 AM

It will be definitely depends on you that is why it is very important to have a solid plan before entering into any trade. Strategize very well and put limits and levels on your loses and gains its much better if you will be taking profit gradually. And if you can see some major FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doutb) that is coming you can take your profits or major of your coins and or tokens then just leave some for long term investment.
Tutikv

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:11:16 AM

When the price we want is fulfilled, that's when I will sell it.
But do not ask for more than what we want.
We can not get it

PaPog

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:19:46 AM

we can't know exactly when we should sell of coins,
but we can analyze and check the market about its price,
if the order and transaction is crowd, and the price increase, then it's the right time to buy more
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: