Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:58:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8116 times)
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:36:25 AM

Of course we have to monitor the price of the coin when it wants to sell. In order for us to gain advantage of course we have to see the price. And when the price goes up you can sell it. And when it goes down you better hold on first.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:40:47 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
Good afternoon, I will try to answer your question, investing in crypto currency is a very laborious process, and the increase in your capital depends only on you, and not directly from analyzing your market for crypts and choosing the most promising tokens, and further analyzing them and waiting for growth

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:47:45 AM

I usually greedy, this is my mistake.  When the coins grow well, I think - let them grow a little more, and then I will sell them.  But later the correction in the market begins, and I again feel sorry for selling them, because I know that they cost more.  So, do not be greedy.
Yes like me, greedy has made us lose, hopefully coin that we have will go back up and as we expect. With this incident I have found a solution, that is, when the price of the coin that we have increasing and that should be we get a profit, I will sell half. So when the price goes down I will not regret what I did before.
blazingshockwave

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:48:45 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.
In my experience there is no exact percent when will i sell the coin. It all depends on the situation. Situation #1 if bitcoin is on rise, I sell all altcoins that I have and wait for bitcoin to be stable before I buy back. Scenario #2 if there is a big event or news, i buy the coin and sell it after the news is over.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:14:47 AM

There is no specific point of buying or selling alts.
What I do > After doing much research once I decide an Alt and if I trust it, I will keep buying a portion in 10 -20 -10 -20-40 on every dip.
I always book profits in the similar pattern.
This makes sure that you are out of your investment and the final sell out will give you profits.

This does not apply for my long term goals which I lock for years.
cryptonized

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:24:01 AM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on Pre-ICO stage right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
Altcoindealer

Activity: 699
Merit: 136

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:29:01 AM

Thats a good question which i ask myself a lot. SO when you have an altcoin, who already makes 10x, what are you doing? Do you will greedy, and want to make more profit, and hold them longer? But then there a chance the the coin will dump. Thats what happen to me last december. I had so many altcoins, and they was ery high. But i dont sell anyone of them, i hold them all. And when the big dump comes, al my altcoins loose their value. So for me personally, i will sell my altcoins when i make a good profit, and when i think the marketcap is very high and to get a higher market cap is very hard.
gangem07

Activity: 598
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

Thats a good question which i ask myself a lot. SO when you have an altcoin, who already makes 10x, what are you doing? Do you will greedy, and want to make more profit, and hold them longer? But then there a chance the the coin will dump. Thats what happen to me last december. I had so many altcoins, and they was ery high. But i dont sell anyone of them, i hold them all. And when the big dump comes, al my altcoins loose their value. So for me personally, i will sell my altcoins when i make a good profit, and when i think the marketcap is very high and to get a higher market cap is very hard.
Definitely if the price in the market is on high price to get more profit.That's the time i think.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ▼  PUNKCOIN  ▼   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rebel under the cryptocurrencies - a different ERC20 project
 WebsiteReddit △  Twitter Whitepaper △  ANN Thread
panapi3200

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:47:39 AM

It is very easy to know when i'm sell my altcoin . if i'm buy $2 par coin and when it is reach $3 i'm sell on that time.

Nice bro, and for me if i buy $2 per coin i hold it until it get a folds of exchange. Its how i play my coins.
And when the coin that i buy has a highest value for this year i guess i can claim my coin to sell.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:54:29 AM

It is very easy to know when i'm sell my altcoin . if i'm buy $2 par coin and when it is reach $3 i'm sell on that time.

Nice bro, and for me if i buy $2 per coin i hold it until it get a folds of exchange. Its how i play my coins.
And when the coin that i buy has a highest value for this year i guess i can claim my coin to sell.

I know what you mean guys and it is very refreshing reading this and at the same time encouraging to most people - we should target realistic goal profit and never get too greedy. A simple $1 profit per coin is just small to think of but if you have invested like 10,000 coins, you just earned $10,000 profit.
ruffles2016

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 10:57:08 AM

I tend to look at weather within markets. If everything seems bright I left it alone until it drops somewhere -%30-35. After that I start researching and open rather conservative position by dumping some of it for bitcoin.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Lifes

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:22:54 AM

That shit happend to me too. I think to sell Ripple when was 3$ but i think what if grows more? and i dont.

Then comes the DIP and i dont sold because i think that its temporal dip but look the charts right now...

had something like 4k in ripple what now its 900$...

Maybe i was too greedy. At least i hold and not sold on dip too.
valeru.aver

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:37:01 PM

In my portfolio, there are about 20 coins, and I track the information for each of them. When the price is high enough I sell coins. Unfortunately, some coins are very cheap, and it takes a long time to wait for growth.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:49:40 PM

In my portfolio, there are about 20 coins, and I track the information for each of them. When the price is high enough I sell coins. Unfortunately, some coins are very cheap, and it takes a long time to wait for growth.

I feel you mate, I have 1 altcoin that has been with me for a couple of months already as the price goes way deep and is very slow growing.. but I take it as an opportunity at the moment and buy as much as I can whenever I have extra sum of money.
MrWidow

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:03:40 AM

It will be definitely depends on you that is why it is very important to have a solid plan before entering into any trade. Strategize very well and put limits and levels on your loses and gains its much better if you will be taking profit gradually. And if you can see some major FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doutb) that is coming you can take your profits or major of your coins and or tokens then just leave some for long term investment.
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:04:54 AM

I have come to realize people will tell you when to buy, but will never tell you when to sell, that's the decision you make for yourself. As for me, once I get 5% profit am okay. I live to trade another day than losing all in the quest of getting 10%. This is why most people always get burnt. So once you are in profit sell and trade another day. Unless you are following a signal.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:45:55 AM

in trade we would want a profit so if we sell altcoin we have means we can already calculate the profits we will be able to, as long as giving profit means the right time to sell the altcoin

mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:42:30 AM

the time for Selling the coins become part of the strategy. It will depend on the result of analysis of the market coin to buy or sell.
Here, of course, the main goal is selling when the price is higher than when we bought them. Of course, it is where you will not lose even the price will be higher in some months later.
Personally, I will sell my coins depending on the coins itself. The short and long investment or trading also influence my decision to sell.
But basically, I only sell the coins when the price grows higher. If not, it is better to hold.
mario00

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:33:41 PM

I know it is the right time to sell my altcoins when the prices hit the target that I have set for them and once they get there, there is nothing that will stop me from selling them. I just sell them, take out my profit and then wait for the market prices to go down again until I can buy more coins which I do and I just repeat that cycle over and over again and it works for me.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:51:07 PM

I think we agree that the best time to sell our altcoin is when the price reaches the highest price and we can take the big profit from this. and we can choose to sell all in or just to sell some amount to take that profit because we still have a different strategy when we see the highest price. but maybe some of us is not selling their coins for a long time period and if it is just increasing more than 50%, they won't sell it because they want a bigger profit in the future.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: