Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:34:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8119 times)
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:37:20 AM

If I think personally, I will sell at the time the price goes up but remember do not sell everything I have about 20% coin as the chart shows a rise in play This you have to be patient do not rush later you will also be a loss You should be patient and patient The key do not rush.

The key is the strategy. It must be before the trading begins. You should clearly understand what you are buying, at what price, at what price you will sell in case of growth, what will you do in case of a fall (sell or hold), and so on.
ToddDiaz

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:17:50 AM

Mostly it is just better to set a target price for your altcoins so for example, when you buy into an altcoin, you can decide at that moment that you will sell when you make 100 percent profit on your coins. With goals like these put in place, it greatly reduces the confusion of when and if you should sell you coins and eliminates indecision.
Mark X

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:46:17 AM

I think the right time to sell the coins I have is when the price is above the purchase price. No need to pursue the price is too high. The important thing I get a profit from sales transactions that I do though a little. Because if I wait too long I worry later the market price actually decreased. We should not be too greedy. The most important is the process of buying and selling coins remain smooth so that my income remains smooth . If you wait too long later my coins even jammed can not be sold because the market price is falling. If I sell below the purchase price of course I will loss. And I do not want that. So it's better if the price of coins is above the purchase price although the increase is slightly more good I sell.
klim75

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:17:30 AM

I try don't be greedy and I sell my altcoins as soon as I see  I've got about 30% of profits on my investment instead of holding them too long.
Jeepney_koh

Merit: 2

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:23:43 AM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

Your investments has really grown a lot. Having that target 15k a month is not bad as long as you have the right coins to be invested in. As for me, I am selling my coins when the current price is higher than that of the purchased price. If about 100% increased, I will sell it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢          Buddy          ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Development Automation Platform
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢ token.buddy.works ⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 11:03:13 AM

Me personally, I don't have any formula as to when to sell. All I do is take profits when ever I'm in profit and I try not to get too greedy because most times greed makes us lose our potential profits and turns us into bagholders. If it's in a trade, try taking out your capital first then leave the profit to run for a while and keep taking profits from it time after time.
Neither I, I don't have also any formula when I will going to sell my altcoins because first, altcoin prices are also varying anytime, second even altcoin price goes up it doesn't going to be a high value so sometimes even it is in a green mark you are not convinced to sell your coin because you are wishing for a high profit. So sometimes in a unplanned time of selling my altcoins, in case of emergency I can sell my alts even in a low price.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
AlGovorov

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:38:12 PM

I sell my altcoins only when they are priced in relation to Eth/$ double what I bought them. Otherwise, what sense to sell them.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:00:32 PM

Me personally, I don't have any formula as to when to sell. All I do is take profits when ever I'm in profit and I try not to get too greedy because most times greed makes us lose our potential profits and turns us into bagholders. If it's in a trade, try taking out your capital first then leave the profit to run for a while and keep taking profits from it time after time.
Neither I, I don't have also any formula when I will going to sell my altcoins because first, altcoin prices are also varying anytime, second even altcoin price goes up it doesn't going to be a high value so sometimes even it is in a green mark you are not convinced to sell your coin because you are wishing for a high profit. So sometimes in a unplanned time of selling my altcoins, in case of emergency I can sell my alts even in a low price.
Altcoins are completely unpredictable, we can't guess for what reason the price will increase and decrease, in just one day everything will be done morning the price will pump and evening again it will dump. So put an eye on the price list and don't become greedy when you feel it's good profit you can sell your coins here only many people will do mistakes.
decano

Activity: 316
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:40:19 PM

i sell my altcoin if i got a little bit of earning for the short term income but if it long term i will wait for it to double the price when i buy it so i can sure that i can maximize the profits  i get
smutexar

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:13:19 PM

Nobody can say exactly when and at what price it is better to buy or sell altcoin. Sometimes coins are taken for long-term investments, and some trades on the situation.
Chupacabras

Activity: 166

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:23:58 AM

I sell my coins when the global growth of the entire market is going on for a long time. This is artificial pumping, and after that there always follows a hard fall.
omar bakrie

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:43:11 AM

for me the perfect time to sell the altcoin I have is when I have made a profit. Although the amount of profit is not much. but for me, when I was able to profit, then I sell. the system that I always cultivate when trading. not the important grandiose that can be lucky not to lose.
Vendetta666

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:49:53 AM

I know you know it. The best time to sell your altcoin is when you know you get too much profit. This is the perfect time to sell it. Don't to hurry and don't be greedy. But it's up to you, when do you want to sell your altcoins.
Bren Briones

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 08:53:11 AM

It depends in thw sutuation you are un in playing your digital assets. The deeper your pocket, the longer you can wait gor your assets to go sky ticket but if you have limitted funda then your disfression will differ from the first. Practically, the perfect timing to sell your token is when it will give you profit after you traded it.

BrentMack

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:42:04 AM

When they have hit a good price, preferable I sell at when my coins hit a 500 percent profit margin which is when I usually sell my altcoins and then I just sit back and then start waiting for the price to fall back down again so I can buy into the altcoins even more than I did before and make more money
anticrypto

Activity: 105
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:43:18 AM

when the altcoin price I hold increases more than 50% of the price when I buy it, it's a great time to sell the altcoin I hold.
KeijiN

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:46:13 AM

i invested $4, nothing to do in such topic, speaking about $50.000 of investments, lol. But anyway, there are great coins to invest in.
Albertio

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:51:27 AM

this depends on your strategy in trading in my opinion do not be too hasty to sell if you know what you do, hold your coin and wait for the right moment to sell it.
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:24:48 AM

1st i will research the coin if it has a great potential, im only choosing a coin which is worth it and hold it for a target time which is 3yrs. If the coin didnt work or changes in movement within 2 years ill sell it and find another good coin. If the coin is showing incredible  grwoth within my target time  ill sell it when it reaches my target time. Im a longterm holder so it depends to you if your a trader or longterm holder and immediately  sell your coin when a sudden spike.
hualangktsld841

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:27:19 AM

I usually set a target price, when the coin is sold and changed into bitcoin or Fiat, I paid the price for my greed in the past many times. In the encrypted market, I must learn to control myself, because we can never sell the coin at the highest point.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: