Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:04:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you know its time to sell your altcoins?  (Read 8119 times)
JRoth

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:23:53 AM

I'm going for the long-hodl at least couple of years. Since the crypto space is so new the return can be huge with right projects and I can feel like buying Microsoft or Apple stocks early on. lol
nadyn

Activity: 714
Merit: 287

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:32:55 AM

Of course, but you need to sell your coins, not at a loss, you can determine for yourself, that price that suits you, within reason, it can be from 50 percent or more.
Gromx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:22:27 PM

This is good for those who bought the coins now.Those who bought coins in the growing market are now in a strong drawdown. Many who have not sold will have to wait a very long time to recapture their investments.
D3m1r4wanti

Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:36:14 PM

You have to know the game and the fluctuations in altcoin prices, and the news about the versatility of altcoin prices, when will there be pumping and when will dumping occur. Another easy step is to sell your token above the purchase price, even if it's a little. minimize your losses by selling tokens faster.
Zeronic

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:52:15 PM

From my experience, i will sell my altcoin when the price is high.
Selling in the high price will give you more profit.
So you must see the situation on the market and grab the right opportunity.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
melch100

Activity: 294

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:54:20 PM

You have to know the game and the fluctuations in altcoin prices, and the news about the versatility of altcoin prices, when will there be pumping and when will dumping occur. Another easy step is to sell your token above the purchase price, even if it's a little. minimize your losses by selling tokens faster.

This are the strategies a lot of investors are doing, but I don't think they will get a good profit from doing this. Or maybe some of them have the ability to feel when is the right time to sell their altcoins.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:10:30 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

For those who have a huge amount of capital now in crypto trading, I could say that it is a good chance to buy of the altcoins such as Waves, Eth, Etc, Ltc, Xem, Omisego, Lyl, Tky, Neo and Qtum because all of this alts which I mentioned was totally dumped its value from a higher price, surely in just a matter of weeks these coins may have a chance to resume its original value when bullish happen I think.
novy

Activity: 728
Merit: 110

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 02:21:19 PM

My strategy is next: I like the coin and would like to get more coins without extra investment I sell on some fud or milestone and buy back after fomo disappears.

zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:46:24 PM

hope that the market will begin to grow again, so that I can sell my money with profit. I have the cards I do not want to sell at low prices, I want to sell at high prices. When prices increase I will sell what I have in my wallet
Diamond_Darrell

Activity: 1106
Merit: 103

♦♣♥♠

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

How many people have many opinions. But what I understood for sure is that long-term investments are the most profitable. But, this is possible because I had the wrong strategy ...

jaja colleen

Activity: 188
Merit: 2

Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platfor

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:19:27 PM

Before I sell my Altcoins I already have a expected target what price I sell it, so if the tokens reaches to price that I want I will sell it,if it does not reach the price that I want I will hold even for long term as long as I see that the team is making a good development to improve there project.

⟨   EraSwapToken.io   ⟩  ⟩  ICO Active   Join Now  ⟩
Brings You A Time Trading Social Community Platform
ranggenga

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

The simplest answer would be when the time is rising and we already get profit if we sell the coins. For that we just have to keep an eye on the market condition for our coins.
oceanx
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:16:45 PM

In Coinmarketcap you can see the maximum price of a coin or a token that it reached. And build on it. Except for ZEC, of course, it probably will never cost $ 4000.  Smiley
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:20:35 PM

first that  i  would make  with my  coins  is  for  sure  to  hold  for  some  month  and  then  to   search   a lot  for  their prices if  it  is  going down  and  how much  after  my  analysis  i  would  sell  them.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:28:57 PM

Just wondering if ya'll have a typical formula you go by or a certain X percentage profit or loss. 

I've been playing around with coins for just under a month now. $23750 total investment and currently up just under 10k in profit. One of the coins (IOTA) has gone up about 288%.  Obviously it would suck if it crashed but it would equally suck to sell if it continues to grow.

Just wondering what a lot of you folks do. I'm considering investing another 25 or 50k into coins. Ideally I'd like to net 15k a month off them but I know that may not be realistic on a monthly basis.

The most important signal to pay attention to is the one coming from your gut and heart.  Your intuition.  It knows.  Learning to trust it will open your mind to truths you've ignored in the past.

After that are actual strategies. 

The best one I've seen up to now is to buy and sell in increments, or cost-averaging up AND down.  The volatility in crypto means coins/tokens can have periods where they are down on week and up the next, or could be on a mini bull or bear run.  Setting secondary goals as sell or buy benchmarks can also help to limit big losses and/or to take a piece of some profits.

In the end though, because we are all so early into the crypto game relative to everyone else alive, we are still truly in the hodl phase.  Thinking about trading and making money when the big market entities control the crypto market is more like gambling than investing anyway.

Best of luck to everyone and yours, both now and long into the future.

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:29:32 PM

I am currently still holding the coin. And I'll sell when the price is already rising. For now, if it sells the coin will suffer losses due to all its volume down coins. As the holder of the coins, we have to be patient. If you don't have a sense of patience, certainly it would be very difficult to control your emotions.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:00:01 PM

There is no such thing for people to understand that right now you need to sell tokens, everything depends on the situation you find yourself in when you see this or that news, for example, I think that you also understand what it is you need to make some decisions in such situations.
Gromx

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:22:35 PM

There is no template that works always.If long - term investment is profitable-then why are most coin holders in a strong drawdown?I believe that diversification is needed even in strategies.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 02:33:38 PM

Unfortunately, no one will ever tell you exactly when to sell, because it is not profitable. It is always profitable for people to sell and buy at unprofitable prices, but you will not understand this yet, in any case, everything can depend on the situation.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 02:44:59 PM

This time comes, only when the market goes up. And there you decide what profit you want and sell only the top of the price. Many horsemen make many mistakes, sell sooner or later.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: