Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:29:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if a person died with BTC!!  (Read 2287 times)
Why0kay

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:37:25 AM

That's a serious case
jancukiyah

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:38:45 AM

I have no idea before about this, but now I really think about this. Your bitcoin can't be gone if you're tell about them with your family. If you save all information about your wallet in your pc, that sure your family can access that. It's the same way with me, I save all about my information of my bitcoin wallet in my pc. All people must think about it surely.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:45:24 AM

What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

I think you are right. Since the private keys are not known to others except the holder of the wallet, there will be no way to access wallet and that means the bitcoins in it are lost forever.
The only prevention to this problem is if the private keys are shared with a trusted kin.

aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:12:26 AM

I think if the owner of bitcoin is dead, bitcoin does not disappear as long as it still keeps the password and username known by relatives or family.
miakhanifa

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:32:07 AM

If someone dies with Btc and no one knows the address and the key word, then it is like a treasure in the earth and will never be found.
Maybe only the miners who can find it but it requires a very heavy struggle. But I think it is also impossible if the miners penetrate someone's wallet, so make sure the bitcoin as I said that bitcoin is like a treasure trove neatly and swallowed by the earth and will never be found.
GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

I think people should serious think about it....because no one really know when will the death arrive.
Actually it’s a matter of money and no one want to make its useless if he is alive or dead the best option is that you must give your I’d and password to one of you family member in case of your death they can use it and I think it’s a good idea to save your money because if you will not give your I’d to your trust worthy so all your money can be finished so we need share our I’d to someone in order they can continue with bitcoin.
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:03:04 PM

The best idea is to give someone close to you all your passwords. And than bitcoin will be useful for someone after your death.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

andiko

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:14:07 PM

If a person does not leave his relatives with a key to his purse, the bitcoins will disappear without a trace. Therefore, during life, it is necessary to inform your relatives about the key or at least leave a clue.

Grumpybitcoin

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:59:45 PM

I Never thought about this issue. Good Point. Although i am Not planning to Pass Away i should prepare something for my wife
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:57:24 AM

maybe we need to talk to our family about the ownership of bitcoin that we have, give the password so that when we die our family can use it.
Not may be, rather for sure. There should be at least someone who knows about the number of bitcoin you own and all other details. Even if you don’t want to share the password of your wallet, simply let him or her know about the bitcoin you own and keep your password written on page at secret place.

In emergency, you may ask them to check that place for rest of the details. Bitcoin is great asset to be transferred to next generations.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:59:35 AM

What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

I don't think that that bitcoin will be still usable since no one knows the private key or anything that can be used to open the bitcoin wallet and transfer it into someone's bitcoin wallet. Also, even if a lot of people know the bitcoin address, it will still be gone forever since you can't just open a bitcoin wallet using a bitcoin address.
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:03:33 AM

If a person die without any message to other people then it will gone forever, unless in the future there are super computer that can breakthrough the wallet encryption, I have ever thought that, I will tell them that I had bitcoin and then, give clue in my will about the key and the password
spov

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:04:37 AM

One can share the keys with multiple people and have them somehow get together to access the bitcoins. One way is: share pieces of your private key to n people and keep the last one with you, in a safe/locker. When you die make sure that the key is passed on to someone.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:57:37 AM

One can share the keys with multiple people and have them somehow get together to access the bitcoins. One way is: share pieces of your private key to n people and keep the last one with you, in a safe/locker. When you die make sure that the key is passed on to someone.

This is practical only if you die aging, but if you die unexpectedly this will not work. Death may come anytime not informing you. I think what you can do is , writing last your willing paper mentioning the person

dknight456

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:12:33 AM

this is a very hard case if the owner of the bitcoin address dies leaving no access to anyone even his/her love ones does't know his private key because no one can access his wallet then we can assume that this bitcoin is lost forever because there is no backdoor or any means to access bitcoin address even bruteforce can't and if this happens then they're will be no security at all in bitcoin address
CryptoJean

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:24:14 AM

There are people already claiming than around 25% of bitcoins are lost. The reasons varies and include people storing on their computer and then throwing away the computer, forgetting how to access their private keys, dying without providing anyone access to their private keys, etc.
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:42:35 AM

There are people already claiming than around 25% of bitcoins are lost. The reasons varies and include people storing on their computer and then throwing away the computer, forgetting how to access their private keys, dying without providing anyone access to their private keys, etc.

you mean 25% of circulating BTC are gone? Or 25% of bitcoin holders BTC gone forgetting passwords? That's pathetic huh....

jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:08:17 PM

Then it could be gone forever. On the other hand. If that person have given his infos to someone then it could be recovered. Better have someone that will carry/have your bitcoins if these cases happens
tententen

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:18:01 PM

What will happen??

Its not at all impossible to pass BTC down, also they may get stolen if early encryption proves flawed or too weak to handle advanced computers.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:18:36 PM

What will happen??

Well, I don't know if there is a means to decode bitcoins that are inactive; belonging to someone that is dead. I feel if the person didn't inform anyone of his cryptocurrency assets, when anything happens to him or her that will definitely be a loss to that asset. I have really thought of it personally on numerous bitcoins that must have been lost due to people's death and not traceable. I do hope in the later years, that the blockchain will develop a means of tracking all these losses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: