Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:54:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if a person died with BTC!!  (Read 2287 times)
newb-dev

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:08:09 PM

It is wise to think at our dear ones in case something happens to us. Keep password copies and share them with the people you can trust (your life partner, parents)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MCM10

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:08:31 PM

can be. if the person is doing this bitcoin with no patience investing with this bitcoin or trading, and having a heart attack. hopefully it does not happen to us all these bitcoin users. just do it all with patience.
heisenberg0000

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:43:09 AM

What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.
This is a very interesting answer. Since bitcoin is not regulated like banks. Then we could say that the bitcoin within his wallet would no longer be part of the over all circulating supply. The total 21 million that is to be produced in bitcoin would not be adjusted. If I'm not mistaken there is at least 3-4 million that is considered at lost right now. Meaning this are within the people who forgot their password, lost hard drives and other reasons.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:14:25 AM

Nothing terrible will happen. Bitcoins simply "will hang" in the air.
This idea also comes first in my mind after reading the question. I also think that the bitcoin will only be left out unless there is someone who the dead perso have given his/her account and access the bitcoin.

CONOFLEX

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:15:23 AM

It i s very important to let your love ones or family knows your passwords and keys .
You cant let all your planning and hardwork go down the drain.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:22:58 AM

What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.
when a person dies while having bitcoins on his or her wallet, it is still there and nobody can have access to that.  It will still remain on the dead person's account and will not disappear unless some people have taken it. But it is can be prevented, whether your account has more or less money,one of your family member or one of your loved ones need to know the password of your account so they can access the dead person's money on its wallet. The money will be stucked there unless external interference takes place. The bitcoins that are remained in the account are considered now worthless if not used because it will not be part of circulatuon.
dhrazzen

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:23:57 AM

As a bitcoiner we must always think about our profit or money that is we invest in a project. All of those money will become useless if we died. So, our family must know our wealth as a bitcoiner. They must also know about our earnings, private key and wallet or account in bitcoin. No one can predict our life so, we must be ready at all times.
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:25:13 AM

As a bitcoiner we must always think about our profit or money that is we invest in a project. All of those money will become useless if we died. So, our family must know our wealth as a bitcoiner. They must also know about our earnings, private key and wallet or account in bitcoin. No one can predict our life so, we must be ready at all times.
Yes when death will come nobody will know anytime it will come. if it happens then your bitcoins and altcoins will become no use it will not help to anyone. that's why we have to inform any of our closed once about our bitcoin activity and we have to inform them where we have stored all private keys and other information regarding our wallets.
Marsyam

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:41:58 AM

It might be better if we tell about our assets to the people that we trust as our families. so even though we die then we will secure the bitcoin assets and enjoyed our own families.
Elexsis

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:44:55 AM

What will happen??

It wont be loss even though that person died already, but if he keep the file or documents that has an access to all his account it cant still pass through generation or to a family member to continue what that person started to.
lovepale

Activity: 105

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:50:22 AM

If the person died with btc it will be lost forever unless there is someone who took care that person or there is one who knows where is btc and the address or even the email address. I think there is still a chance to recover btc from nothing to something. It is regretful if the bitcoin will never be recovered or recommended to others. If fiat is still meaningful to use than btc if we talk about the death of a person. Fiat doesn't need more info but just you have it actual money. Lucky.
Trcream

Activity: 164
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 08:07:32 AM

Still in existence with lower circulation. It's an interesting thing to think about.

☛ CBNT☚
-Create Breaking News Together- (https://web.cbnt.io/)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:29:16 AM

What will happen??

if a person died with bitcoin,the coins will die together with him.unless he entrusted the passwords of the funds,and he had told those trusted pern about claiming or withdrawing the accounts .but much better if they will continue the legacy of the dead person
coinxwife

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:57:00 AM

In my case if i die while joining here in BTC i must tel my husband all my accounts and paswords for the sake of my childrens too.,Store in a notepad for the safetyness and give some extra copy if ever my phone lost too.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:00:20 AM

When something like this happening bitcoins their bitcoins is litteraly dying too but only if he didn't saved information about his accounts and wallets to his relatives.

Oohh, that was so sad especially if he didn't make any notes or told anyone about his account in bitcoin because in fact his bitcoin will dying too. It's the sad part of people but a natural phenomenon that would come and happen to us, so because of this topic It make me think that whatever may happen to me I should left any notes on my things or just told my brother's about my account.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
fetokun

Activity: 210

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:18:02 AM

If you have a large amount invested than the only way for handing over the Bitcoins after your death would be through a will, by giving your private key in the will. Otherwise I cant think of any other way any one is even going to know that you had bitcoins. And even if they find it on your computer the wallet might be most likely locked with password which is almost impossible to break.

AndrewBrown

Activity: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:22:35 AM

Well if there was no one who knows where your private keys and passwords are then I think they are gone forever and no one can get them but if you made provisions to have your private keys and passwords given to someone after you die then they can get it out.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 09:29:07 AM

Fortune magazine recently had an article about this. It's a good question. I keep access to my accounts an encrypted database. My wife doesn't have the password. But I think I'll make a copy of it that she can keep on her encrypted database.

http://fortune.com/2017/09/26/cryptocurrency-bitcoin-death/

This is something to ponder, we never know what's going to happen, so if you are investing in cryptocurrency, it's better than you made a will and instructions how to recover your coins in case something happens to you, cryptocurrency is now a portfolio just like a real estate.

threesome333

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:46:07 AM

The currency can be buried with you when you die. Crypto and bitcoin will die by you when you die  Cool Cool Cool Cool
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:05:29 AM

Fortune magazine recently had an article about this. It's a good question. I keep access to my accounts an encrypted database. My wife doesn't have the password. But I think I'll make a copy of it that she can keep on her encrypted database.

http://fortune.com/2017/09/26/cryptocurrency-bitcoin-death/

You should have a list of your bitcoin and its password and let your family know about it. Your family especially the children should know the importance of it and just provide them knowledge about bitcoin for them to appreciate it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: