Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if a person died with BTC!!  (Read 2287 times)
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:46:18 AM

What will happen??

No one will have the BTC address. Hence will them isolated?

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

I think , no one will know and get it unless he or she knows how to hack wallets for you to have profit of course wallets were reqyuired and I think this is secure enough for a person to be comfortable in using it, so if the owner passed away ,I think the bitcoin will be hold until no one can used it. Such a useless thing, so we should value our life more than any material we owe .

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 01:49:46 AM

Well if no one have access to the wallet e.g having the wallet key the bitcoin may be lost forever, because without the wallet key no body can access the blockchain wallet where the bitcoin is stored. That is why is advisable for another person should have your wallet key it may be your wife, kid or even a trusted friend.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:52:40 AM

What will happen??

In FIAT, people can handover money to someone.. So, i predict BTC will be disappeared gradually.

as long as they don't give their wallet credentials, the balance will stay there forever.
this causing the total supply will decreased because the dead people's balance not circulating anymore.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:55:15 AM

What will happen??

Now investing and making money by investing in virtual currencies is very popular because this sector brings in a lot of profits and wealth quickly, I think there are a lot of people dying because of the copper. Virtual currency in general and Bitcoin in particular, in my country many investors have sold their assets to invest in Bitcoin and take risks, so they have sat.

AteenaD

Activity: 208
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:32:57 AM

The best thing to do is to make a written copy of your private keys. I, myself did this but instead of one, i have two copies of my private key. I entrusted one copy to my daughter for safekeeping if anything happens. The other one, i kept in my personal files to which she also has knowledge of. We'll never know what lies ahead that's why we should always be on guard.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:55:07 AM

The best thing to do is to make a written copy of your private keys. I, myself did this but instead of one, i have two copies of my private key. I entrusted one copy to my daughter for safekeeping if anything happens. The other one, i kept in my personal files to which she also has knowledge of. We'll never know what lies ahead that's why we should always be on guard.

That's a good idea. I have few BTC and some altcoins in my wallets and on the exchange too. I'm worried whether what will happen to all my money if I suddenly die tomorrow, I have a kid but she probably hates me and her mother isn't friendly bitch.    My option is my brother's kid from his first wife, we use to be buddies I might find a way to get him later to stay with me, he works at a fastfood restaurant the last year.
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:58:59 AM

That's a good idea. I have few BTC and some altcoins in my wallets and on the exchange too. I'm worried whether what will happen to all my money if I suddenly die tomorrow, I have a kid but she probably hates me and her mother isn't friendly bitch.    My option is my brother's kid from his first wife, we use to be buddies I might find a way to get him later to stay with me, he works at a fastfood restaurant the last year.
The persin died with bitcoin, well, it is depend on the situation if there's people who know about the password or about of her/him bitcoin before it died then the bitcoin are continue to move because the account is used by the other. If there's no one know about her/him bitcoin i think the bitcoin would only stack at their account.
KIANA

Activity: 47
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

I made sure my wife has all my account numbers and passwords has all my details when somthing happends with me .Luckely  for me me and my wife  knows,  each other accounts username and passwords.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:53:46 PM

What will happen??

I think in that kind of case, your bitcoin would still hang in your wallet. The best thing to do is to make sure that atleast one important person who you trust the most would know how to access your accounts. You should have atleast a single person to share your private keys with.

Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:05:11 PM

In case a person dies with multiple BTCs in his account, then they would remain forever in the network. Unless his parents or friends know about the public address and private key, there will be no way to recover it. Same stands true for a living person, in case you lose your private keys, then there is no way in this world that you would be able to access your bitcoins. This can be seen as both boon and blessing. On the positive side, all your assets are very secure and you would never have to worry about them being hacked and stolen, but on the other hand in case you lose your private keys, then all your assets would disappear forever.
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:08:48 PM

What will happen??

If a person with BTC and have a sudden death his/her BTC will still be in the network, unless he/she saves all information about his/her btc on notepad and can be easily access by his/her family. Like me all my online password are save on my pc.
When unexpected death happens to a btc account holder, yes all his bitcoin will still be in the network but no one will have access unless they know the correct log in details. To ensure that our wealth online will benefit our family and loved ones, it is good to keepsake our btc account information that will be available to our trusted family in case anything unwanted happens.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:12:20 PM

Actually, paper wallet and/or some testamentary letter would simply do the job. People desperately needs to think BItcoin as a whole financial asset, so they can able to handle it properly just like another assets.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:20:59 PM

What will happen??

I made a paper wallet in put it in a place in my house with instruction how to sell bitcoin for real money. It's for my parents.
If not, the coin wil die with me because it will be in the network and nobody can use it forever.
necmicolak

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:38:50 PM

Example...
necmicolak

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:59:00 PM

Example
necmicolak

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:17:00 PM

Konu
ScottJake

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:21:51 PM

I share your opinion, on the contrary I think that what will happen is that both modes of payment will coexist with each other, it is impossible to defeat an "enemy" of FIAT as bitcoin
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:36:10 PM

If a Bitcoin owner dies his all BTC's will be wasted until and unless someone else knows the key to his wallet.This is because Bitcoin's are stored in online wallets which are only accessed with the help of a private key which only the owner knows.If he will die no one else will be able to access the wallet and automatically his all earning will become a waste.If he don't want his money to be wasted he have to tell some other person who is close to him about the key to his wallet.He has no other choice.He can give the key to his closed one and can keep a regular check on his money so that the other person does not misuse his money.This is the only way his money can be brought into proper use even if the owner dies.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 06:45:25 PM

Well, it can only be a waist if and only if the person in question fail to give out his or her password to his/her next of king or include his crypto currency wealth in his will before he answer the last call to his creator.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:04:40 PM

If a Bitcoin owner dies his all BTC's will be wasted until and unless someone else knows the key to his wallet.This is because Bitcoin's are stored in online wallets which are only accessed with the help of a private key which only the owner knows.If he will die no one else will be able to access the wallet and automatically his all earning will become a waste.If he don't want his money to be wasted he have to tell some other person who is close to him about the key to his wallet.He has no other choice.He can give the key to his closed one and can keep a regular check on his money so that the other person does not misuse his money.This is the only way his money can be brought into proper use even if the owner dies.

It is useless definitely. But if you share the information or passwords to the one you trusts very much it will continue to have value and significance. For example to your mother or to your wife. It is a great idea. Just choose a person that you trusts the most for you to secure also your holding when you are still living.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: