Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VEGA 64 mining FREE WISDOM  (Read 10802 times)
RIGED (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:21:39 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2017, 11:31:00 PM by RIGED

mining different coins and changing from one to another regularly, can require different mining software, drivers and value setups, this can be testing on your equipment as changes can leave imprints underscoring a later instal

when switching between mining software to mine different scrypts please consider doing clean uninstal of drivers (we use DDU) before you instal different ones thus reducing the chances of conflicts

we had to reinstal windows, several times in order to have stability when switching coin mining in order to get it to work, this is laborious and time consuming equating to down times thus diminished returns

as a novice try to pick a method/coin and stick with it to avoid down times and potential catastrophic consequences on your rig (i paid dearly for my mistakes so im trying for you not to do the same)

instal on the rig the bare essentials for the type of mining you choose and avoid running peripheral programs that are not imperative

check your startup programs to make sure you are not weighing on the RAM with crap you dont need

streamline your OS by uninstaling useless programs that come with windows like games and junk you will not use, switch off automatic updates on the ones you can't and for goodness sake completly dissable the CORTANA function, she only takes system resources that you need

do not install the AERO theme (uncheck box) when installing basic intel windows graphics driver

i even have the automatic windows updates disabled on my system as its stable and updates are known to throw a spanner in the works, i actively choose what updates to have installed on merit of security and system efficiency

switch off all inactivity sleep functions (system, hard drives, screen etc) as this will stop your miner

set your system (win options) to run on performance rather than other settings (efficiency etc)

up vitrual memory to 20Gb as stated above

regularly check for driver updates of your mother board especialy if its one geared for mining

do NOT update to new GPU drivers, if the ones you are using work, when they are fresh, let others do the testing for you (as mentioned above this forum has great people willing to share their experiences)

i have a usb stick with all the drivers, programs etc for easier installations when switching coins/setups/clean wipes

once you start amassing funds do not keep them all in one wallet or trading platform, spread them around and at best buy a hard wallet (i use the NANO LEDGER S), look at what happened to nicehack i mean nicehash (bunch of morons keeping all funds in one account or by intent?)

and this one is the most important: KEEP A PAPER RECORD OF ALL YOUR PASSWORDS, SITE DETAILS, WALLET WORD LISTS etc, do not trust electronic records for safe keeping as they can be corrupted, deleted, hacked, etc

Keep it simple, stability is key in the long run to maximise returns

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:52:25 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 12:32:07 AM by RIGED

if you sit and look at the mining screen running you might notice something strange

more often than not when a GPU finds an accepted share the same GPU will find the next share sometimes even a third all in a row, you can see this with GPU 5 on my screenshot, 3 in a row! (posted a new screenshot with GPU6 getting 4 in a row almost 5)
(this is dependant on your response time being around 100ms something that depends on your connection and ISP and time of day)

this occurance is not accidental but rather frequent and i have not noticed any other type or make of GPU doing the same (let me know if not so)

this phenomenon is an indicator of the VEGAs unaccesed arsenal and the true routing speed of the memory (hence my drumming keeping it under 70C)
compounding this to the apparent single card dual split capability on XMR and the fact that this card has 2x8 pin power connections with a seemingly unused 300+W capacity on top of the fact that it has insanly more transistors than any other card on the market (inlcuding the 1080Ti) should ring some bells and wink at you for future possibilities

the VEGA's are built with more capability and more components than others (aside from the 16Gb mem of the 1080Ti)  in the same class and are more expensive but yet they underpreform in gaming graphics comparisons, why is that? is it due to the AMD CPU instead of an INTEL? is it because AMD are a bunch of idiots and dont know what they are doing? or is it because this card (and i mean specificaly the 64) was not created with gaming in mind but rather longevity in crypto mining? does any other graphics card have drivers especialy for mining? (as is with no updates my ass). IMO this is the smartest and most sneaky product launch i have ever encountered and i can only assume the capabilities of this card will be utilised in small steps keeping ahead of any present and future competitors for years (minimum3) to come. The few in the know and others with a sixth sense have understood this and are buying them now (in the launch period) faster than they are made available.
i really do believe this card is a mining Ferrari dressed as a Fiat

and just to clarify i have no gain from letting this info out of the bag and in fact it will help in me not being able to buy more of them as their popularity increases, but again i enjoy and hope others will join the fight against the slavedrivers

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
xTommYx

Activity: 190
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:37:03 PM

i uploaded a screen shot on the imgur link above

thnx for the replies,
i know the rig seems expensive for the speed but i am expecting future driver developments by RADEON WINDOWS and mobo manufacturer that will uptick the currently and by intent unutilised potential of these GPUS.

there is a reason why these cards come with a BIOS switch  Wink and fancy led colour switch, we will get into that later....

So you spent $2K+ more than you need on GPU's to mine ETH because you expect AMD to release a magical driver. OK, make sense now. How about spending that $2K to buy more GPU's and get more hash NOW? LOL. Or AMD may just release their Navi cards which ARE expected to great for mining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op3h_bV3ohA

The same shite was blabbered about Vega too. 60Mh/s-90Mh/s....shit can't do 50Mh/s....yea drivers yea mobos yea windows sucks...no good drivers for linux....whatever!!!
It's a loss, still 2 year old rx470/rx480 are better on eth mining than shitty vega.
I won't buy Navi without seeing it doing 150Mh/s on a miner! Cut the bullshiz

p.s: thanks Riged, your posts are very informative! I appreciate the effort...!
BTW 1080ti has 11GB memory and Vega FE has 16gb HBM
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:59:12 PM

yea soz, too many numbers sometimes trip my synapses, you are ofcourse correct

but isn't it curious that as the VEGA hype deflated with actual testing they are still bought faster than made? must be a lot of idiots including myself around i guess Tongue

i just uploaded a pic of the 10 GPU open air vertical rig, sorry for the mess but my bro in charge of this one cant help himself and is constantly changing things on the rig, also having problems with the ISP he is using and has reverted to a 4G connection off his ipad

i will post the specs for this one tomorrow but as you can see there are 3 PSU's in use, the 1000w is powering only one card as there is no availability on the 1600's

just one important point for now, if you are using consequetive PCIe's for the risers on the Asrock, take a static bag (comes with all electronic equipment) cut it in small squares and fit them between the risers on the board to avoid shortcircuits as Asrock thought it was a good idea to have the ports with no space between them

more later, thnx all for your replies and consideration

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:19:17 AM

one last question before i catch some shut eye,

does anybody have an 8 card rig of any type that tops 355,5MH/s combined speed mining ETH?

if so lets see it, post a screenshot

ps when you buy a Ferrari you should expect high fuel consumption, even when driving at low speeds  Wink

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:23:14 AM

does anybody have an 8 card rig of any type that tops 355,5MH/s combined speed mining ETH?

ps when you buy a Ferrari you should expect high fuel consumption, even when driving at low speeds  Wink

Speed isn't everything, whats your power usage at the wall for 355MH? That'll really show your numbers, Interested if you can beat what other cards are doing out there.

Now in terms of density, nice numbers for only 8GPU's but I'm not sure the costs justify it without knowing power usage at the wall.
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:50:28 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 01:04:36 AM by RIGED

ps when you buy a Ferrari you should expect high fuel consumption, even when driving at low speeds  Wink

Speed isn't everything, whats your power usage at the wall for 355MH? That'll really show your numbers, Interested if you can beat what other cards are doing out there.

Now in terms of density, nice numbers for only 8GPU's but I'm not sure the costs justify it without knowing power usage at the wall.

cant stay away,
 i did mention the power usage on the previous page peaking at 1700W and before you tell me what i have read already here and knew from before i bought these GPU's the W to Hash ratio is not the best, but as i already mentioned on the previous page i did not set this up with power consumption as a priority but payment cycle which stands around 19-20hrs per 0,05ETH and sticking it to the banksters, so for me speed is paramount as elec cost here in Norway is the cheapest and most reliable in the world (aside from Genesis making a special deal with the Icelandic on geothermal)
i already provided the rigs nanopool link, click on payments and calculator tabs to check out the results

ok enough beating around the bush
i get about $800 of ETH a month (at $430ETH) and it costs me $45 in elec (net and other fees i pay anyway for the house)
http://www.electricity-usage.com/Electricity-Usage-Calculator.aspx?Device=&Watts=1700&CostPerKWH=0.04&HoursPerDay=24

when we tried Monero the returns were around $1800/mnth (@ $230 XMR) with less than $35 in electricity
https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/monero-mining-calculator/?h=15200.00&p=1200.00&pc=0.04&pf=1.00&d=35217586884.00000000&r=6.03665686&er=0.01553867&btcer=17299.52000000&hc=0.00

keep in mind i am testing for a very large setup, so returns are not so important at this juncture

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Permonik

Activity: 275

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:00:44 AM

ps when you buy a Ferrari you should expect high fuel consumption, even when driving at low speeds  Wink
Hi, my rig is somewhere about 353Mh/s with 1700W on wall.
But for now, the xmr is what I am mining. 15400hs for 1450W.
Anyway how did you managed to run 10x gpus on asrock h110 mining board? I am was able to run only up to 9x rx vega 64 sapphire limited editions. With 10x gpus the mobo do not want to boot. Just fans spinning and nothing happend.
No matter which gpu is 10th no matter in which slot or riser, its always the same...
Bare

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:37:41 AM

I love this topic and the guy RIGED for starting it but one thing I hate you for Angry is you're foiling my plans to get my hands on Vegas now that everyone and their dog will run buying them like hot donuts...

And the supply is horribly limited....
or should I say the demand is too great.  Angry
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 10:03:29 AM

LOL thread.
Mining another algo and coin and exchanging it to ETH will give you equivalent speed of 138mhs mining ETH per card with only 150-160 watt ))
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:21:05 PM

thnx for the replies guys and gals

This thread does a diservice to those whom are collecting Vega64's i know, but in support to the greater good for all humanity i felt the need to start this thread. The more people mining the faster we can rid the banksters from our lives.

There is a pitfall and its about to go live next week, i am refering to the inclusion of Bitcoin futures on the CME. Most people have no idea what the implications of this are so i will try to explain.

i have been trading the commodities and stock markets for over 25years. The biggest threat to the banksters is competition to their ponzi scheme called the petrodollar where they create dollars out of thin air backed by a Promise to pay the bearer (hence Promisory note) and lend it at interest to our goverenments who in turn charge the populace and compound interest ontop, tax, and inflate. Up until 7 years ago the only serious and historical threat to their evil scheme are the precious metals namely Gold and Silver, which has been a store of value and medium of exchange for millenia in human history.

Via the introduction of said metals and all traded assets on the futures exchanges one is able to buy or sell at a price in the future using a fraction of the actual worth of the trade in exchange and that sets the price of today. The introduction of derivatives takes this proccess one step further and now one is able to buy or sell at a fraction of the fraction of real cost.
If one was to calculate the price of Gold and Silver from 1913 till today by simply adding inflation from then till now Gold should be worth $6000 and silver $730 http://usdebtclock.org/ (look on the right down) and yet the prices are $1250 and $15,80, a far cry from their real value.
How is that possible?

To make it simple,
i have an apple, you buy my apple and we agree the price to be $1 (price discovery) transaction happens (Buying a stock or commodity at face value)
i have an apple, you PROMISE to buy my apple in a month from now and give me $0,10 as a deposit, price of the apple is set at $0.10, a month from now you change your mind and dont follow through your promise so i keep the apple and the $0,10 (Buying an OPTION of a stock or commodity)
i have an apple, you PROMISE to PROMISE to buy my apple in a month from now and give me $0,01 as a deposit thus price is set at $0.01, a month from now you dont PROMISE to buy my apple i keep the apple and $0,01 (buying a DERIVATE).

Now i did not  know that you are creating the money out of thin air and can flood me with endless promises to promise to buy thus reducing the price of my apple to the level of your desire therefore you can go direct to the apple farmer and buy his apples for $0.01 a piece as this is price set in the markets like the CME.

Come forward to Bitcoin. Today buying a BTC will cost you $15 000, but with the inclusion of BTC on the CME you can now promise to promise to buy a BTC and pay $15 for it.

I see the subhuman scum on a daily basis bombing the prices of Gold and Silver (and others) with paper promises using money they create out of thin air backed by thin air because these metals are an institutional threat to their scam and have been caught doing it multiple times and fined topence (meaning nothing) for their illegal actions and are allowed to carry on.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-14/first-silver-now-gold-deutsche-bank-admits-it-also-rigged-gold-prices-legal-settleme
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-13/deutsche-bank-settles-silver-price-fixing-claims-lawyers-say

CRYPTOCURRENCIES ARE FROM THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE CONTROLLED BY THE PEOPLE
and institute a far greater threat to the filth than any other asset, commodity, currency
when you use dollars they are processed and held by the banksters and are taxed levied and stolen by said filth aside from the fact that your dollar today is worth 90cents tommorow because of inflation

when you use Crypto you are functioning ANONYMOUSLY and INDEPENDENTLY from the banksters

WHEN YOU MINE CRYPTO YOU ARE REPLACING THE BANKS MAKING THEM IRRELEVANT

by adding BTC on the CME the subhuman excrement can now bomb the price of BTC back to $0,0000000001 if they choose using fake dollars on a fake exchange between fake people.

thats why GPU mining has a future that ASIC is giving away
and what better GPU to use for this......yes you guessed it VEGA!!!!! (hahahahah)

ok rant off back to screwing the filth

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:32:45 PM

ok i see people are saying the same thing over and over again so let me make painfuly obvious

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT MAXIMISING YOUR $ RETURNS
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT MAXIMISING ENERGY EFFICIENCY

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT LETTING THE VEGA MINING MONSTER OUT

what you mine and how is up to you, i am not suggesting you do what i do but merely giving you for free my findings as i am learning
my motives for mining are probably different than yours so our situation is not identical

if it makes you feel better to reiterate for the umpteenth time what i already know and probably most readers here do also, then laugh to yourself and move along, your input is useless and frankly juvenile

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:40:40 PM

there is another thread and current results are 46.2mhs eth with 180watt, there is many useful information about other algos vega is capable to there ))
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:41:57 PM

there is another thread and current results are 46.2mhs eth with 180watt, there is many useful information about other algos vega is capable to there ))

Do you know the current (average) best results for vega 56/64 xmr mining.. best hashrate/power consumption*
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:16:21 PM

waiting for my 'partner in mine' to release his findings on how to get 10 Vegas running on the Asrock, i do know that you cannot connect all at once and startup, but rather one GPU at a time between restarts

he switched to XMR last night on all 10 but having problems getting all 10 at 2100sols, seems bus issues on mobos (drivers?) dont allow you to redline more than 6 at a time (at least thats he said to me last night)

we are examining a higher RAM value for XMR, most say you dont need more than 8Gb but we have a suspision this does not apply to all coins

if making $ is your thing then XMR seems the way to go at present more details to follow after Monday, big party tonight and i dont think Sunday will be a coherent day for posting  Grin

-----------------------------------

another very important thing before i forget again, it is imperative to fit your mobo on a backplate and not have it free standing for two reasons, less chance you will damage it adding removing components (especially ATX connection) and also you ground it via the screw holes

in addition wear a static discharge bracelet when messing around with the hardware, if you dont have one just touch the earth wire on any wall socket before handling hardware, do not wear wool or acrylic clothing when handling hardware, do not have your rig on a carpeted room (static risk)

do not handle the hardware whilst its running and if you have to connect something whilst operating touch the earth on a wall socket first to discharge yourself

as mentioned before the hardware and especialy the GPU's are suceptible to Electro Magnetic radiation, so keep your PSU's, other transformers and especialy spark gap devices (to name a few)  as far as possible from your rig

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:20:58 PM

cool, post a link

is it stable?
is that value peak or average?
how many cards on 1 mobo?
because i do the same with max 3 cards of 8 stable but no more (peaking at 46,6), system cant take long operation with more than 3 and hangs, errors in shares and the watchdog comes out lol....

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 02:25:52 PM

Do you know the current (average) best results for vega 56/64 xmr mining.. best hashrate/power consumption*

with a max 6 VEGA rig you can get 2100sols per card @ 170W, we are testing to add more but there are driver-bus??? shortcomings
as i mentioned above my bro in charge of the 10 card asrock rig is busy partying and should do a write up next week

MINE EASY, PARTY HARD hehehe

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:13:02 PM

to avoid problems when setting up multi GPU rigs use identical PSU's, as the VEGA has 2x8 inputs you need 2 cables for each GPU and 1 for the riser (avoid sata connections to risers, they gave us a headache)

all 3 per VEGA should be connected to the same PSU to avoid frequency conflicts

the EVGA1000 comes with 4 (i think) GQ 6 to 2x6+2 cables so you can use one cable per VEGA for every PSU out, which is handy as at 1000w if you have 4 VEGAs on it with moded Wattman to undervolt to 180-200W  with total 800W it works.
As mentioned before cables from a specific PSU may not work on another type even if they are from the same company like EVGA, so for example the EVGA1000 GQ cables work on the EVGA1600 G2 but not the other way round.

Problem being if you get a system drop and Wattman reverts to default settings the 4 VEGAs will draw 1200W and the PSU will shutdown, if you are using 1 PSU its ok but if you are using more than 1 and they are not bridged the other will keep feeding the VEGA's with your system shut down and this will kill your VEGAs by overheating. i almost did this and realised just in time after smelling the toasted electronics smell of death. a mistake that almost cost me $2000.

i am waiting for delivery of  6 to 2x8 cable splitters as an attachment to my G2 EVGA1600  cables (allowing use of one G2 cable per GPU) but i have read differing opinions on their use. We will use the thermal scanner and voltmeter on them to see if they are safe and stable, i will post results when done, but as with all hardware comming from questionable chinese manufacturers quality can vary greatly

again, visualy inspect all hardware before installation especialy solder points (get yourself a magnifying glass it helps), it doesnt take an electronics engineer to spot fused or non soldered component contacts

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:36:17 PM

i have seen a thread here by a fellow that seems to have bypassed the Devfee

my personal feelings on this are negative as i believe work by anyone, if not stolen (not banksters as they dont work) should be rewarded by the agreed ammount, so when you download and use Claymore miner for example you have agreed to pay a nominal ammount to the person that sat and coded the program, not doing so is like stealing from a shop or unilateraly breaking a contract whilst continuing to benefit from it

thats just how i feel, others may have stealing as a way of life, just remember karma is your friend or your enemy, you decide which
how would you like it if i hacked your rig and replaced your wallet address for mine? (not that i know how or have such intent)

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Orbolon

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

CoinCrate.net

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 03:51:34 PM

https://imgur.com/a/NHxbe

running at 355,7MH/s stable after blood sweat and tears which is what im hoping you won't have to go through
here are the current stats test mining on Nanopool:
https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xabdbd7ea90cf6374840bc477fef41788e1429e39

1 x ASUS B250 mining expert Motherboard
2 x 4Gb RAM
1 x Pentium 4400 CPU
8 x MSI VEGA 64 aircooled GPU's
2 x EVGA NOVASTAR 1600W PSU's
1 x 12v fan (very important will explain later)
8 x risers

Using 2 EVGA 1600 PSU's is an overkill but it was the easiest way to keep things uniform and have enough VGA outlets for cards and risers.
Used 5 GQ 6 to 8x2 cables from the EVGA 1000 pack and 6 G2 6 to 6+2 from the EVGA 1600 pack.
Be aware that the EVGA 1600 PSU (G2 cables) has a different manufacturer than the EVGA 1000 PSU (GQ flat cables) hence the operating frequencies and wiring of the sockets is different. You can use the GQ cables on the 1600 but you CANNOT use the G2 cables on the 1000.

We found that mixing these 2 power supplies (or any 2 or more different PSU's) on the same rig causes all sorts of problems, so its best when setting up multi GPU rigs to keep the PSU's uniform. In addition its problem avoiding to connect the riser power supply on the same PSU as the GPU.

Also be very aware that VEGAs are prone to Electro Magnetic inteference so try to keep the PSU's and any other EM generating devices (especialy spark gap devices) as far as possible from the rig. i found this out the hard way after almost throwing in the towel as i stupidly had an ozone maker ontop of the table and was wondering why each pc startup showed different PCIe's not working and system was freezing or dropping after a few mins of operation.

We also killed 2 Asrock H110 BTC Pro mobo's because of faulty riser adaptors as on 2 of them (from the same batch) had fused solder points making them into shortcircuit instant death for the mobo.
So please VISUALY INSPECT the risers especialy the solder points before instalation to avoid this happening to you.

Why is the 12v fan so important?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: