Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:07:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VEGA 64 mining FREE WISDOM  (Read 10802 times)
RIGED (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:08:15 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2017, 04:31:19 PM by RIGED

to increase the life span of your VEGAs (or any other cards) you must try to run them as cool as possible, with the techniques i outlined before, as we are overclocking them beyond the manufacturer suggestion

try to keep the fan rpm at the lowest setting possible, something heavily depending on ambient temp so if its cooler outside try to hose and fan that air to the fans of your cards (always use filters to avoid crap entering the gpus)

if you live in warm climates know that your electrical cost is higher and longevity of gpus are lower if no precautions are taken

closed rig systems with cold air fed (in the bottom) from an airconditioning unit and heat exhaust in the top can be effective if the gpus are placed correclty (vertical in a row without having one blowing to the intake of another) and the a/c unit is powerful enough (BTU rating) to counter the Wattage heat coming off the gpus (a Watt is a measurement of heat), for every a/c 9000BTU in a closed system im guessing you can have up to 4 VEGAs (about 11 to 1 BTU to W ratio), include the electrical cost to your calculations  

keep the rig area clean and remove any fabrics from the surrounding area that produce fibers
set up your rig on a hard wood (laminate) or tile floor, if you are setting up in a garage or basement make sure the cement on floor and or walls is painted with a primer to avoid dust creation (cement creates dust naturaly just by walking on it)

when using a vaccum cleaner to clean the surrounding area do not use the contact or power line feeding the powered rig, switch off the rig and cover it with a non static non fiber sheet whilst cleaning, and wait 30mins after you finish before powering up the rig (you kick up dust whilst cleaning wait for it to settle down)

do NOT use a high pressure air blower to clean the gpu fans, you will damage them if not kill them in addition to pushing the crap on the blades further in the air passage on the electronic components inside causing possible shortcurcuits

dont do what i do and smoke in the visinity of the rig as nicotine, tar and thc crates a film inside the gpu and on top of all surfaces which shortens life span of hardware

we are critised as miners in using too much electricity to mine, THIS IS BULLSHIT propaganda by the powers that fear and loath what we are doing as the current banking methods of money transfer/holding use far greater ammounts of electricity, human and non human resources, just imagine how much it costs to build and run the data centers they use to store and run their sordid scam from sattelites in space to underground vaults let alone keeping the lights running in all their branches

so called green tech is synonymous to a few raping the many using natural predictable weather changes and blaming it on us but this is another can of worms that i could rant on forever, nough said

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Mini_Miner

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:09:06 PM

Very useful topic. Information about Vega 64 is small now. It seems the vega is very profitable now
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:16:04 PM

https://imgur.com/a/NHxbe

running at 355,7MH/s stable after blood sweat and tears which is what im hoping you won't have to go through
here are the current stats test mining on Nanopool:
https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xabdbd7ea90cf6374840bc477fef41788e1429e39

1 x ASUS B250 mining expert Motherboard
2 x 4Gb RAM
1 x Pentium 4400 CPU
8 x MSI VEGA 64 aircooled GPU's
2 x EVGA NOVASTAR 1600W PSU's
1 x 12v fan (very important will explain later)
8 x risers

Using 2 EVGA 1600 PSU's is an overkill but it was the easiest way to keep things uniform and have enough VGA outlets for cards and risers.
Used 5 GQ 6 to 8x2 cables from the EVGA 1000 pack and 6 G2 6 to 6+2 from the EVGA 1600 pack.
Be aware that the EVGA 1600 PSU (G2 cables) has a different manufacturer than the EVGA 1000 PSU (GQ flat cables) hence the operating frequencies and wiring of the sockets is different. You can use the GQ cables on the 1600 but you CANNOT use the G2 cables on the 1000.

We found that mixing these 2 power supplies (or any 2 or more different PSU's) on the same rig causes all sorts of problems, so its best when setting up multi GPU rigs to keep the PSU's uniform. In addition its problem avoiding to connect the riser power supply on the same PSU as the GPU.

Also be very aware that VEGAs are prone to Electro Magnetic inteference so try to keep the PSU's and any other EM generating devices (especialy spark gap devices) as far as possible from the rig. i found this out the hard way after almost throwing in the towel as i stupidly had an ozone maker ontop of the table and was wondering why each pc startup showed different PCIe's not working and system was freezing or dropping after a few mins of operation.

We also killed 2 Asrock H110 BTC Pro mobo's because of faulty riser adaptors as on 2 of them (from the same batch) had fused solder points making them into shortcircuit instant death for the mobo.
So please VISUALY INSPECT the risers especialy the solder points before instalation to avoid this happening to you.

Why is the 12v fan so important?

dude cmon its a 2 pg thread, i already outlined why but here goes again
in the imgur link i provided already https://imgur.com/a/NHxbe  there are pics of the ASUS and ASROCK mobos we are using that have an overheating component you need to keep cool, for more details go back and read, thnx

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:40:00 PM

there is another thread and current results are 46.2mhs eth with 180watt, there is many useful information about other algos vega is capable to there ))

Do you know the current (average) best results for vega 56/64 xmr mining.. best hashrate/power consumption*

with a max 6 VEGA rig you can get 2100sols per card @ 170W, we are testing to add more but there are driver-bus??? shortcomings
as i mentioned above my bro in charge of the 10 card asrock rig is busy partying and should do a write up next week

MINE EASY, PARTY HARD hehehe

170w seems unnecesarily high for best profit per power consumption.. Can probably get closer to 150w pretty easily and maybe even 130-110w with major undervolting and underclocking the core while keeping mem clock high, you'll still get 1800-1900+ h/s
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:46:08 PM

yea most prob, but elec cost here in Norway is so cheap that the difference in the end of the month is a few dollars more (around 2-3) so we choose stability over power consumption, and hey gaining $1800/mnth on XMR at current prices is well over our $35 cost to run

cant use banana peel to run a Ferrari but you can use it to run a 2CV, take a pick

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:12:53 PM

one last question before i catch some shut eye,

does anybody have an 8 card rig of any type that tops 355,5MH/s combined speed mining ETH?

if so lets see it, post a screenshot

ps when you buy a Ferrari you should expect high fuel consumption, even when driving at low speeds  Wink

Speed isn't everything, whats your power usage at the wall for 355MH? That'll really show your numbers, Interested if you can beat what other cards are doing out there.

Now in terms of density, nice numbers for only 8GPU's but I'm not sure the costs justify it without knowing power usage at the wall.

cant stay away,
 i did mention the power usage on the previous page peaking at 1700W and before you tell me what i have read already here and knew from before i bought these GPU's the W to Hash ratio is not the best, but as i already mentioned on the previous page i did not set this up with power consumption as a priority but payment cycle which stands around 19-20hrs per 0,05ETH and sticking it to the banksters, so for me speed is paramount as elec cost here in Norway is the cheapest and most reliable in the world (aside from Genesis making a special deal with the Icelandic on geothermal)
i already provided the rigs nanopool link, click on payments and calculator tabs to check out the results

ok enough beating around the bush
i get about $800 of ETH a month (at $430ETH) and it costs me $45 in elec (net and other fees i pay anyway for the house)
http://www.electricity-usage.com/Electricity-Usage-Calculator.aspx?Device=&Watts=1700&CostPerKWH=0.04&HoursPerDay=24

when we tried Monero the returns were around $1800/mnth (@ $230 XMR) with less than $35 in electricity
https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/monero-mining-calculator/?h=15200.00&p=1200.00&pc=0.04&pf=1.00&d=35217586884.00000000&r=6.03665686&er=0.01553867&btcer=17299.52000000&hc=0.00

keep in mind i am testing for a very large setup, so returns are not so important at this juncture

Not knocking anything, just trying to break the math down.

So some quick math and I come back with you're averaging about 44.375MH per card at 212.5 Watts per card.

Assuming you picked up the cards for about $500 a piece, if your power costs are cheap enough and you got the cooling, it works well when compared to other options out there in terms of bottom line profits. However if your power costs are above 6 cents per kwh, then there are better options out there in terms of bottom line profit as you can do ~30-32 MH at about half the power usage but you would need more cards (more rack space) to reach the hashrate you're putting out.

So in summary, nice hashrate for the density, not so nice for the power/profits for most.

If I only had 4U of rack space to play with, I'd totally build this type of rig.

RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:47:32 PM

lol my post with no links was deleted with a suspicious link removed message
strange

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:57:33 PM

yes,

i did some changes last night before going to bed to see the result
and the results were surprising
i downed the voltage allowance to -24% on all gpus and tunned all cards to 1100 on the memory (which seem to be the settings everybody is using)

it seems the speed decreased by 5mh/s the total wattage went down almost 200w to around 1500w

and yet the shares found increased!!!! i know there is a large element of luck in share finding but im curious to see the weight of the different settings on share finding as this is what we are rewarded for in the end, i have an incling the VEGAs have a specialty finding shares in row (as shown in the pics and explained before) 

payment cycle is on the low side of the graph at 19hrs which is great, i just reached it now 0,05ETH
and oh yea, as i mentioned before capital gains from todays ETH price spike give me calculated monthly earnings on ETH at $870 right now 10% up from yesterdays post

again if i was mining purely for money then XMR is the way to go, faster speeds and lower wattage, waiting to see results from my mate, he switched to XMR last night and will report on them later next week

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
jaideep10002

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:18:35 PM

So i've been doing some experimenting with the vega myself. Vega 56 to be specific.

Turns out you can get decent profits on monacoin(lyra2rev) using mkxminer. Breakeven in about 3-4 months for just the card.

I strongly believe too that with driver advancements, the vega will perform a lot better. There is just so much compute power in it when you do the math.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:45:03 PM

So i've been doing some experimenting with the vega myself. Vega 56 to be specific.

Turns out you can get decent profits on monacoin(lyra2rev) using mkxminer. Breakeven in about 3-4 months for just the card.

I strongly believe too that with driver advancements, the vega will perform a lot better. There is just so much compute power in it when you do the math.

What are you getting 47Mh/s with Vega and lyra2rev?  This puts it a little behind 1950h/s on Cryptonight, but it is definitely a good alternative.
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 06:56:18 PM

Gotta say RIGED is into something here.   Vegas are sold out everywhere and I don't think the holidays can account for this.   Someone,  somewhere has figured out a way to tap into their mining potential of these cards.   How's the diff growth looking on ETH and XMR?
PanzerSheriff

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:08:01 PM

Gotta say RIGED is into something here.   Vegas are sold out everywhere and I don't think the holidays can account for this.   Someone,  somewhere has figured out a way to tap into their mining potential of these cards.   How's the diff growth looking on ETH and XMR?

Its a combination of AMD discontinuing the Vega reference design (shifting to custom boards) and VERY high demand because the Vegas are really profitable for minging.... For gaming they are mediocre and you are better off buying at 1080 or 1070 Ti for the same or even lower price.

From what I understand, North America is pretty much sold out and here in Europe, they are very hard to find as well.

RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:22:30 PM

my local supplier komplett.no has no air cooled 64's (they have a handful liquid cooled ones) and neither do any shops i have looked at here in Norway

komplett have made a monster order for about 200 64's expected to arrive 2nd Jan from all manufacturers apart from MSI (which is the ones i use now)
Saphire seems to be the manufacturer with the greatest supply at the moment but no delivery until the 2nd Jan unconfirmed!!

this is getting crazy, i bought my cards for around $650 a couple of months ago and now the cheapest listing i can find is $750 (current ROI 24days mining ETH)
sounds like a gold rush no?
think i will put my money where my mouth is and pay for another 3 ($2250) to go with another ASUS mobo i paid for waiting arrival on 17th Dec
i dont like paying for anything without getting it in my hand instantly, but i fear these cards will disapear as soon as they are in stock

i know people, i could use that money to buy 11 lesser cards to fit my current rig (ASUS has 19PCIe but can only run 8 VEGAs with current drivers) but hey, i set myself down this path and have gotten quite competent in their use, so why change that which works

can you find any VEGA64's in your area? if so how much are they going for?

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
P00P135

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:43:23 PM

my local supplier komplett.no has no air cooled 64's (they have a handful liquid cooled ones) and neither do any shops i have looked at here in Norway

komplett have made a monster order for about 200 64's expected to arrive 2nd Jan from all manufacturers apart from MSI (which is the ones i use now)
Saphire seems to be the manufacturer with the greatest supply at the moment but no delivery until the 2nd Jan unconfirmed!!

this is getting crazy, i bought my cards for around $650 a couple of months ago and now the cheapest listing i can find is $750 (current ROI 24days mining ETH)
think i will put my money where my mouth is and pay for another 3 ($2250) to go with another ASUS mobo i paid for waiting arrival on 17th Dec
i dont like paying for anything without getting it in my hand instantly, but i fear these cards will disapear as soon as they are in stock

i know people, i could use that money to buy 11 lesser cards to fit my current rig (ASUS has 19PCIe but can only run 8 VEGAs with current drivers) but hey, i set myself down this path and have gotten quite competent in their use, so why change that which works

How do you ROI $750 in 24days mining Eth lol
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:08:00 PM

yea soz, should of explained that better, at current ETH price and with my current rig setup im averaging $850/mnth, thats the number i was thinking about to come up with 24day ROI on 1 card

i could just switch over to XMR and pay the 3 card cost with my current rig in 1.5mnths approx excluding the gains from 3 more gpus but then again as i have mentioned before im looking years down the line and much much much grander scale of which i made positive steps today

found a 450m cold storage warehouse and agreed a rental price, talked to the local electricity supplier and they are willing to go below $0,0325 kWh with high use (over 500Amps) , im writting up the business model as we speak and stop to come back here to answer all you good people (my daughter is waiting for me to help her buy her first CryptoKittie as well, she has 0,052ETH in her JAXX wallet lol)

if my numbers dont make sense please excuse me as i am immersed in calculations at the mo

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:13:40 PM

yea soz, should of explained that better, at current ETH price and with my current rig setup im averaging $850/mnth, thats the number i was thinking about to come up with 24day ROI on 1 card
i could just switch over to XMR and pay the 3 card cost with my current rig in 1.5mnths approx excluding the gains from 3 more gpus but then again as i have mentioned before im looking years down the line and much much much grander scale of which i made positive steps today

Cool and all, but switch to XMR/Electroneum ... running Ethash on Vega's is almost criminal, seeing as you are effectively halving your potential revenue.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
P00P135

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:25:21 PM

found a 450m cold storage warehouse and agreed a rental price, talked to the local electricity supplier and they are willing to go below $0,0325 kWh with high use (over 500Amps) , im writting up the business model as we speak and stop to come back here to answer all you good people (my daughter is waiting for me to help her buy her first CryptoKittie as well, she has 0,052ETH in her JAXX wallet lol)

if my numbers dont make sense please excuse me as i am immersed in calculations at the mo

You can't calculate ROI with GPU's you already own paying off a new GPU.   Cheesy
PanzerSheriff

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:02:58 PM

Cool and all, but switch to XMR/Electroneum ... running Ethash on Vega's is almost criminal, seeing as you are effectively halving your potential revenue.

I agree 100% with this. As of right now, it makes no sense mining anything other than CryptoNight with the AMD Vega cards as this is the only algorithm that seems to be optimized for the Vega architecture, or at least at the moment is utilizing the HBM2 and GPU cores the best.

I am sure that over the next few months we will see more and more algorithms get optimized for VEGA and then the real beast will be unleashed.
PanzerSheriff

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:09:01 PM

panzer can you run some tests to see what's the lyra2rev2 and neoscrypt hash rates are on your vega rig? thanks in advance !)

I don't have time this weekend, but someone must have done this already... 

This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2360168.0 miner might have potential but is restricted to only work on some pools/coins.
RIGED (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:22:22 PM

jeeeeeezzzz guys,
im not trying to maximise profits and im getting all this flak from you all when i am clearly saying this over and over again, i know this sounds stupid almost criminal LOL but....

ok i cave in to your pressure

gimme the wattman settings for 8 Vega 64's on the Asus
suggest what miner to use
do you think nanopool is ok for XMR?
any other tips
and will try to set it up and post results,
but just to remind you we have 10 Vega's running XMR on nanopool right now and only 6 of them are willing to go full throtle

ROI or Breakeven semantics, get my money back one way or another

to mine or not to mine,
is not a question...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: