Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:23:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: your mentality after a huge loss?  (Read 3787 times)
gerad09

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:08:39 AM

there is no loss, there is only HODL.
Those words made me smile first. Very deep if you ask me. It appears to be a line but it is a whole story. Some people are carried away with failure only that they don’t realize it is not going to last forever. Time changes and so will the situation.

If today was the day of loss, tomorrow will be definitely the day of profit. Therefore, one must not give up and hold on. That is why patience is given a great importance.
Wise words you said Smiley It has already happened before when all was red and it usually doesn't last for more then a day or two. So no need to panic just HODL or buy more Coins as now is great opportunity for buying BTC and also ALT'S Smiley

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER          FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM          ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:43:01 AM

What do you do after you suffer a huge loss?
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?
I will never give up and stop trading, it hurts when get huge loss but it is normal, everything must be have a risk, and loss will make me learn more so I will not experience the same thing again.
Very well said sir/maan. Giving up means your a loser which is not ideal when you are into trading because if you are then you will ended up with nothing. Ofcourse I need to try again and that experienced was a lessons learned to be more careful to study a potential coins to buy to cover up the loss.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:51:33 AM

After a huge loss, what usually happen is: I will become sober and think of what I should, could, would have done that I didn't do. Next, the reality of the loss set in and may probably become depressed. Then I will try to dust myself and remember the profit  have made in the past and that usually give me hope that I could make profit in the future!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:55:23 AM

If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

When people do suffer from big losses they do blame others or blame themselves then stop from pursuing their goals. But it is the negative way of taking the impact of losses. Take it in a positive way and make it a motivation to move forward to continue pursue your goal after a huge loss. After having a huge loss in your past investment but then you still have enough money to invest again, then go take the risk again and continue your goal.  Don't switch to the other way just because you loss. Make it as a challenge.  Do it again until your investment succeeded.

medsi2

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:34:59 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 12:57:13 PM by medsi2

I think that you have a huge loss if you panic sell or invest in some scam coins.

If you don't sell, then you are not in loss. You just need to:

1) turn off the computer
2) take a cup of coffee
3) enjoy your day
4) Check blockfolio again tomorrow

5) IF the situation is bad again, start with step 1 again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Cryptosenf

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:41:23 AM

Since i didn't put all my savings in Cryptocurrencies i don't get in a bad mood if prices drop. I just HODL and and wait for things to turn.  And if it's gone it's gone - so be it. Lesson learned.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:04:58 PM

Experiencing huge loss in trading, investing or gambling is a phenomenon that really hard to handle and recover.  The feeling of regret on your losses might eat you up and might ruined your confidence. When  I suffer a huge loss, the first thing I did is I entertain myself to forget my losses.  I also rest for a while until I accept everything that happen.  I also evaluate my move and my strategies I used why I fall into losses.  After evaluating my action, I right down the next strategy I might use so it will not happen again.  I do not even think to stop because I believe that the next trading, investing or gambling is a different story.  I also orient myself on the saying that Quitters never win so I must not quit to be able to win. 
Potatohead

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:15:13 PM

After a huge loss, I usually compose myself and strategize the next move that I need to do in order to avoid failure. The thing is, we have to stand up whenever we encounter loss, and the most important thing is learn from your mistakes and be more smart, so that the same mistake will never be repeated again.
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 01:27:53 PM

I will accept the risks, because it is already commonplace in the world of trade. Every trader ever or will experience a loss and even bankrupt. The mental affairs are definitely down, that's when we need more senior people for advice and support. if not through failure, where will we learn?

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
ghostunicorn

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:30:26 PM

Experiencing huge loss in trading, investing or gambling is a phenomenon that really hard to handle and recover.  The feeling of regret on your losses might eat you up and might ruined your confidence. When  I suffer a huge loss, the first thing I did is I entertain myself to forget my losses.  I also rest for a while until I accept everything that happen.  I also evaluate my move and my strategies I used why I fall into losses.  After evaluating my action, I right down the next strategy I might use so it will not happen again.  I do not even think to stop because I believe that the next trading, investing or gambling is a different story.  I also orient myself on the saying that Quitters never win so I must not quit to be able to win. 

Now we have a market crash and most of us made loss during this price dump. I don't know what to do. I'm so upset but I try to stay high against my loss to recover it in next days.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 01:33:38 PM

Continue to work and not check prices so much and calm down for now
Amajaa

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:22:06 PM

Thats kinda frustrating and depressing but that really happens...i will keep on trading if  i still have spare money to invest and try my luck again.. But to avoid big loss read first the potential of the coin  what you want to buy and hold.
semarmesem195

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:36:20 PM

To be honest, anyone who loses will be depressed. But if we have a determination to trade, of course we already understand well will happen like this and maybe there is no word surrender in trade affairs. If i suffer losses, what i do is to strengthen my mental and renew my plan to trade again and i must make a wise choice to avoid the same thing a second time. Because i myself have suffered losses almost three times, this is because i was too panicked when i saw the price fluctuated. It would be nice if the sword really bear the Bullish and Bearish conditions in order to perform a good action.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
hynext

Activity: 350
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:42:04 PM

If I suffer huge lose after trading, I will be out for a week or month not to see the trading site. I'll make my mind to be relax or chill with family and friends. If I have a money I will do trading again and take the risk but for now never do it my mistake again, lesson learned, move on and never put regrets and your mind. Happy trading to all!
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

I have stopped watching the charts when BTC goes up or down! It gives me a panic attack everytime.
I watch BTC charts and get back to my holdings (Blockfolio and Cryptocompare) only when the market settles. Don't want to be part of weak hands and display FUD as in the past.

Glad I already controled my panic attack or nervousness. When I am new to trading, it really affects me after having a big loss. But now I m used to it already, I can still manage to smile after a big price dump. I am just silent if I have losses and hoping the market will recover soon.

controlling how may your emotion could be is the best thing to do for cause we see that a lot of people failed on that situation the way on how you may see that falling this pretty dip makes you hit so harder so better to be more good about what are you willing to take for.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:14:57 PM

If I suffer huge lose after trading, I will be out for a week or month not to see the trading site. I'll make my mind to be relax or chill with family and friends. If I have a money I will do trading again and take the risk but for now never do it my mistake again, lesson learned, move on and never put regrets and your mind. Happy trading to all!
When your coins in loss why you sell just hold it. if you control your emotions, then you no need to invest one more time to buy same coins. But when the market is down better you do what you said, spend time with family or friends. Come to me now I am fully controlled I will never sell my coins if I am in loss. But I will put one eye on the market for recent updates.
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:16:04 PM

Well, in my life here in this trading, I don't have much loss, aside from the fact that there were times when I do need money and at that moment the price of bitcoin was too low so I don't have a choice to en cashed it at lower price, but it is fine for now I have learned my lesson and won't do it again and see to it that I do have spare money always.
bl4ckmedia

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

I always lose myself after a huge loss, the only way for me to flush it away is stop doing trading and enjoy life.
cepedacharles

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:19:15 PM

At first dwell on it for we are just humans capable of feelings, but then afterwards study all the things that made you loss that scenario or situation. Now that emotions are lesser we can make more calculated risks and manage our trading proficiently. I will never ever stop striving to be a successful trader and a bounty hunter. Life as of the moment is very good, and let us share what we earn, for the more you share the more gain in the future.
nitrousteam

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:25:04 PM

My mentality is going through the fatal changes when the loss in the trading occurs. My emotions are scattered within my mind and I am not thinking properly. Every investment or trade right away when the loss has occurred would be a fatal mistake for me because I couldn't think properly and I would probably invest or trade badly.

When I am experiencing a loss I am usually taking a little break from the crypto market and I am thinking about my actions and my fail trades. Within my mind, I usually find the answers that are preparing me for the next trade and the mistakes I have made are remembered. I am making sure to do my trades differently next time.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: