Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: your mentality after a huge loss?  (Read 3790 times)
toots25

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:43:37 AM

i use to regret in few days why trading with such a huge loss ,since loss is part of trading you should get use to it, but take note you must avoid loosing huge, because that is something that we don't want to happen on each one of us here, we should better profit on something than regretting without gaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:38:33 PM

What do you do after you suffer a huge loss?
If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

Of course i will try again,who knows i will be lucky the second time around. In crypyo world you need to have enough courage and never give up even you loss how many times. Crypto market are full of blessings and investing are profitable if you can wait patiently until your investment grow.
I think don't bet your luck in trading because it is not just about luck but skill, knowledge and experience. when I experience a loss of course our feelings are chaotic right ? but to do recover is the thing that may be the main choice. if you believe in your skills, no problem to try trading again and recover losses. most importantly do not dissolve the sadness of loss
Xerox101

Activity: 152

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:04:24 PM

My mentality after big loss, It will serve as great lesson for me, that will be an inspiration for me to the right thing in the future, thinking that I need to avoid the same circumtances and to avoid the same huge losses. I will step up again after that loss realizing that it was part of any business and begin a new strategy.
last7minutes

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:41:27 AM

If you have more money would you again take the risk and invest or would you just stop trading and try to earn in some other way?

I will think of my mistake and take a sleep. I don't wanna over think my huge loss because things have gone. I don't wanna get frustrated and do bad things because of it. Considering the falling market right now, I don't think I will risk more if I have more money to trade/invest. Better put it in other baskets like gold or stock. I will come back when crypto market green again tho. This is just my idea from what I've learned from my bad experience.

Sleeping helps a lot to me as well. Meanwhile, I feel a kind of depression after it. Then I start to think about what was done wrong. I take a short break (several days), and after it I start to work again.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:26:25 PM

My mentality after loss is to disect and x-ray  my moves  thought behind my trade and the emotion that lead to my decision and actions. I thoroughly review my thought process and try to see where I got it wrong.

That's very analytical of you but as they say, in this space hindsight is 100% clear but foresight is blind. Even if you're fully aware of the consequences of your action it's really hard to battle out with the thought that you might get the next x10 on your next trade.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
jimbo77

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:45:20 PM

At first when I came onboard into the crypto space,  I always feel down when I loss huge amount of money to hyip and to scammers,  but now it's so common that I don't feel anything even if I loss huge amount to a trade,  I was trading on forex before I heard about crypto,  and I have lost alot of money in forex trading even that the amount of money I have lost while trading crypto currency.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:51:54 PM

My mentality after loss is to disect and x-ray  my moves  thought behind my trade and the emotion that lead to my decision and actions. I thoroughly review my thought process and try to see where I got it wrong.

That's very analytical of you but as they say, in this space hindsight is 100% clear but foresight is blind. Even if you're fully aware of the consequences of your action it's really hard to battle out with the thought that you might get the next x10 on your next trade.
Being pessimistic would really be more than on being optimist when we are trading or investing. Doubts and second thoughts would really be there and thats the hard part because sometimes we cant really resist on not to give up when we lose up money already.Its normal for us to make such reactions but if you are really aware on the risk then this might not affect you too much but eventually you would pursue ahead.
kramr

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:55:37 PM

A lot of the time, the loss os a loss in potential profit. For example, if I did not sell my ethereum to buy bitcoin at the wrong time, I would now lose potential profits, though I am still in profit.
icecream sandwich

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:10:35 PM

Whenever i lose i am really eager to come back and win back that loss and i am using the angryness and the baf emotions that i am felling right that time as an inspiration or as a gas tp fill me and to start moving in order to regain that money. Because having a weak mind is not gonna work because overthingking amd not moving is nonsense. Have some back up plans have a solutions because being a cry baby is always not a solution to a huge problem
cryptoflipper18

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:18:07 PM

Just dont put more than you can afford to lose and everything gonna be OK
ELEL_ELEL

Activity: 177

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:26:06 PM

My mentality after huge lose is a huge profits. Because I believe that bitcoin will recover soon and reach the promising price in past months. I gave to be positive so that l can experience the past high volatility of bitcoin.
Shanmatthew

Activity: 243

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 02:38:28 PM

At first, I'll be down for a moment, but will rise up again. I will research and study deeper why it happened. I might suffer from great regret or uneasiness because I loss something, but I will do everything to earn more than what I had loss.
tartecyst7d

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:54:23 AM

I will not suffer a loss as still I haven't got into any crypto platform Wink
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:03:07 PM

A lot of the time, the loss os a loss in potential profit. For example, if I did not sell my ethereum to buy bitcoin at the wrong time, I would now lose potential profits, though I am still in profit.
Once I was watching an interview of the CEO of BTM about his experience in Bitcoin. He was saying that when he invested for the first time in Bitcoin, they were hoping for a good return but the market crashed and the lost a lot and then he smiled and said that we stood optimistic and waited for long. After the market regained equilibrium and even reached above the equilibrium point, we witnessed a growth in the value of our portfolio. This is how one must stay after facing huge loss. You can check out the video here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgA3iCpB-5E
mmp95

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:07:23 AM

Of course, I will try again in the future. I will never give up. As an investor, when we invest, it is normal to have risks. Learn from your mistakes and progress through learning.
Et Hereum

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 03:47:37 PM

Loss is always hurt. Huge loss is more hurt. Everybody eve face this loss if they are trader. In my opinion, stop for a while and investigate what wrong with our strategy. wait and think.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:31:55 PM

Obviously it feels like crying out loud and disgusting. But then I come back to normal thinking that such losses are normal for a trader. I search and understand where I went wrong and make sure not to commit such mistakes in future. Losses definitely not hinder me from investing further; instead it encourages me to invest again and carefully to recover my losses.
makalu

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 12:56:49 AM

after a huge loss,I'm going to stop trading and learn  more about my mistakes , and then I'll start more trading after a new trading plan and new strategy. Knowing the form errors will make the transaction more confident again.
cokirix

Activity: 453

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:17:29 AM

after a huge loss,I will continue to keep trading, learn how to make the benefits of trading strategies and never give up, experience is the best teacher, so we can learn after failure.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:17:34 AM

Huge loss, maybe I will be upset, disappointed, sad. Maybe little angry and regret the I should not do that. All those things will come on my mind. But at the end of the day I will convince myself that it is ok, its just a money and you can earn it again. That's why in business like this they have saying that "invest what you can loss" so that its not that hard for you to accept what will happen, in case. And in business try try until you succeed right.? Smiley 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: